[Suggestion] Pheonix Suggestion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Mar 12, 2014.

1. BadAsElite

Hey all.

As we know the Pheonix aswell as the Striker are both in a bit of a pickle when it comes down to weapon usage.
    In the pheonix's case its mainly down to versatility more then anything else.

Currently the Pheonix is a wire guided fire and guide weapon system that propels the missile to a maximum for 300 meters (with out turning).

My suggestion for the Pheonix would be a secondary fire mode.

Allow the player to toggle to guided mode or Dumb-fire mode

Rocket Launcher Stats

With Dumb-fire mode enabled it would have the same weapon stats of the Crow / Hawk in terms of function apart from the lock on feature. So a weaker default ES starter Launcher (in terms of damage)

While the Guided stats stay the same.

This would help make the Pheonix a viable option for many user's as the current function of this weapon only makes it viable on slow moving targets such as MBT's and Sundies, too some degree lightnings.

I hope this post could be supported as I feel this weapon to be far too circumstantial in it's current form.
  2. BadAsElite

Any thoughts?
  3. Ronin Oni

'E' (or whatever you remapped exit flight vehicle) to break out of the camera.

The rocket will have more drop than other rockets, so aim above target before breaking out of the camera guided mode.
  4. Chazt

This. If you break away from the camera it functions as a regular rocket for more drop.
    • Up x 1
  5. OneRedBlock

I didn't read the thread, but the first sentence or two makes it sound like a Phoenix is bad thread.

Lies, all lies. I only play NC (both faction alts are BR1) and the Phoenix is a godlauncher.
  6. IamDH

we also need afterburner. Simple yet useful
  7. FishMcCool

Don't buff my Recon Drones Launcher, it's perfect as is and i don't want it nerfed!
    • Up x 1
  8. ThreePi

You know what would make the Phoenix better? People actually using it. Two days ago I was at Tarwich Recycling after the VS had taken Tarwich and I probably fired of a good 40-50 rockets either from the roof or in the spawn room and got all of one kill. The more people that use the Phoenix the more effective they all become. One guy with a Phoenix is useless.
    • Up x 2
  9. Wobberjockey

i always love the damn phoenix coming out of a spawn room to counter snipe infantry with no line of sight.

the VS get a long range tank tickler, and the TR got a paperweight… why does the nc need a buff a gain?
  10. ThreePi

Technically the Lancer will out-DPS the Phoenix depending on range. The Phoenix has to be closer than about 150 meters to out-DPS a Lancer, and at that range the Phoenix won't really be able to stay in cover because the rockets won't maneuver well enough.
  11. Wobberjockey

i've seen more than a few users lob them over rocks and the like to hit tanks and infantry without LOS and within 150m

not that i'd want to use a lancer within 150m anyways...
  12. iller

Dogfighter 3 frame plz
  13. Epic High Five

The Phoenix was terrible for a long time, but since PU02 it isn't anymore. It'd be nice creating an 800m no armor zone like the Lancer can, but it's also really nice to duck and dodge between trees and over cover to blast smoking tanks in the butt and get both certs and hate tells.

As much as I used to rail against the Phoenix, fact of the matter is that it performs the best of all the ESRLs overall and shouldn't change.

Just remember, it uses aircraft controls so to get the most out of the rockets make sure you have analog throttle and pitch up/down bound and ready. Analog throttle will slow the rocket to a crawl and allow you to pitch down over steep cover, but the rocket (despite descriptions saying otherwise) is actually time limited and not distance limited, so you can't prowl the battlefield like a Langoleer or anything.

With practice you can hit targets on the other side of a tall wall right next to you, buzz the top of the mesa next to Xenotech from the Xenotech spawn, and lots of other cool things.