Anyone else hate the T9-CARV?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Admiralty, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Sock

CARV and MSW-R are all you really need on TR. Horizontal recoil is not that bad, if you're having a hard time keeping it on target you're either firing way too long or engaging way too far out.
  2. Posse

It's a weird weapon for me. The horizontal recoil makes things a bit too random for my taste, but that same randomness sometimes makes me land a lot of headshots in succession, that said, I didn't use it that much, and I'm way too used to the Orion, the feeling of the CARV is way too different and that's probably what makes me feel kind of uncomfortable with it.

It's still a great weapon though, having a 100 round magazine is a HUGE advantage.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bankrotas

I'm guessing that, if old horizontal recoil stats are still true (hell knows), Orion has a slight advantage at burst firing than CARV
  4. Corvus Corax

Been rolling lately with TMG-50 for longer range fights but MSW for everything else. MSW RoF has been killing it for me recently, absurdly good.
  5. KnightCole

CARV, learn that it is best used 10-30m. Beyond that you need luck and lots of 2 round burst firing.

I can pull of shots at like 50m if I quickly tap fire off 2 round bursts.

I run my CARV with a laser and x1 to remind me that its not a ranged gun. Run it as a CQC-Short range weapon and it will do well enough. Ive hated it, ive loved it, its becoming my go to TR LMG.
  6. FourTwoFour

The T9-CARV and the MSW-R are the TR's best LMGs. Perhaps learn how to use it properly and always use 1x or IRNV. Nothing else.
    • Up x 3
  7. MostlyClueless

You point it at people and hose them down with bullets. It's a ridiculously easy weapon to use with a mag so large I was surprised when I eventually found out that it does eventually need reloading.

I like it. It's not exciting, it's just the best Close/Mid LMG in the game. Comparing it to the Gauss SAW is silly, the Gauss SAW is a long range gun that's pretty useless up close.
    • Up x 2
  8. GrandpaFlipfox

The difference is that the Gauss SAW's short range face off disadvantage(which isn't very big to begin with) can be over come by just aiming for the head. Nothing you can do will ever make the CARV compete with the Gauss SAW past 50m.
  9. Goretzu

The CARV reminds me of the the EM6 turned backwards.

That is the CARV is a bit better at close range, but a bit worse at longer range, but a great generalist LMG overall.

It is IMO the easiest and "best" starter LMG in the game (at least since the Orion was nerfed in PU2), and it starts out strong even before you cert it (which is I think why some people seem to think it is weaker - because certing it up doesn't gain it as much as some other weapons - but again it starts stronger to begin with).
  10. Tentakewls

100 bullets on anything just makes me wet. I wish they'd at least give the Polaris extended mags so VS could get a 200 round LMG.
  11. MostlyClueless

Yeah ADS aiming at the head in close range fights is the way to go. That's why no one uses SMG's or Shotguns.

The CARV kicks the Gauss SAW's *** for a gun that's meant to be used in CLose/Mid ranges. It loses if you want a Mid/Long range gun. The closest thing the NC have to the CARV is the EM6 or GD22, neither of which really stack up to it.
  12. Kronic

The Carv is a great gun. I love the 100 round mag and 750rpm. As well as being good in it's own right it's an amazing room clearer with grenade bandolier/concs. It's spread while moving and relatively high horizontal recoil combined with its high rof mean you have to have to burst alot. Spray too much and you'll miss half your shots. OP don't use a 3.4x scope, the Carv is no good at ranges where that scope would normally help. Use 1x/NV and a foregrip.
  13. Konfuzfanten

I dont get the hate for the Carv,

750 RoF with a 100 mag, yes it might be slightly less accurate then the Orion or Gauss SAW and you shouldnt use it for range engagements, but that 100 mag combined with the DPS is just too good to pass up.

I think i have only gotten killed a handful of times because of i had to reload on the carv (4200 kills), while i get killed nearly every week because of the low mag on the Orion (8800 kills).

The carv-9 and striker(pre-nerf), was the reason why i switched to TR from my BR 73 vanu and now got a BR 81 TR - and enjoy both of them.
    • Up x 1
  14. GrandpaFlipfox

200dmg/500rpm weapons have the fastest TTK on headshots of any automatic weapon in the game. The point is that a high aim player has the ability through skill to be more effective with the Gauss SAW compared to the CARV regardless of range.
  15. minhalexus

I basically chose my faction based on trying out the 3 heavy assault weapons:

Orion
    Carv
    God SAW

I liked the Orion a lot but the 50 round magazine with 750 rpm, was kind of unforgiving for a new player like me who basically held down his mouse button.
    As a new player, i chose the God Saw over the Carv simply because, it had lower RoF but the same magazine. (more forgiving and more spamming)

I never liked the TR weapons, even when the TR were the top faction. (when i started to play this game)
    Only thing i liked about the TR was the Prowler, simply cuz as a new player i could take down infantry much more effectively. (i had no certs back then, and there wasn't such an uproar about "NERF THE VANGUARD SHIELD")
  16. johnway

I favour longer range, accurate hard hitting weapons and in this regard, the NC fit the bill pretty well with their weapons. They felt like i was doing damage whereas the TR and VS weapons fill a bit weak. I play TR more often as miller was a better experience and i was suppose to be playing on that server anyway and when i played with the Carv i absolutely hated it and wasted no time in investing in the TMG and never looked back.

Most of the TR weapons feel a bit spongy and the Carv9 just doesn't feel right in my hands, i might go back to it every so often in a base raiding op, but it feels so limited. Range is a short to medium and the amount of bullets it takes for me to kill anyone was a massive disappointment. I prefer the MSW-R for the accuracy, yeah fewer bullets in the clip and all, but i have more success with it as its probably because its more accurate and thus connects with the enemy.
  17. Pikachu

This is always what I tvunk of wheb zplahing my terran character but it never happena. The supposwdly highest DPS From its 750rmp feels just liie shooting any other KMG. :L Its always a disappointing experience. Big magazine is nce but when coming from nc uaing nc6 it deosnt last nearly as long it feels.

I thouht you getans were pround and loving of your carv just As.s NC ocer theur defUlt LMG. But youre the only ones who complains on it.
  18. Ryme

Does a foregrip not make the horizontal recoil better?
  19. Nicknobreak

My outfit leader and a number of soldiers praise the T9 Carv and insist it is one of the best LMGs in the game, even now. I however, have had a different experience. I find that when I operate the T9 Carv that I perform inconsistently. That is to say, I will have some good days and bad days with this gun. I find it difficult to rely on this gun for accurate, consistent performance. Therefore, I've found that I do much better with the TMG-50, or as I call it, the Terran Manliness Gun. I know where the shots are going to land and how the recoil is going to effect my shots. I perform more consistently with this gun because of its accuracy and predictability. However, this is just my own experience and should be taken as one testimony only.
  20. Rogueghost

6,000 Carv kills and I have auraxium with every TR lmg in the game (expect for the 32 Bull, **** that gun) and I can safely say its TR's best lmg, I even prefer it over the Orion.

Forward grip and 1x relfex is all you really need.