Kill the sunderer first

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RPKOlsen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. St0mpy

Theres a difference between controlling a sundy by farming it and having your base overrun from ones parked around it out of sight.
  2. TheBigHert

No worries, I'll kill that sundy for you.
  3. JudgeNu

This is how my gameplay has evolved.
    I am mainly sniping now.
    Sure ill switch to the other classes if I find that it is needed for the mission.
    Often times though I see no real effort to do anything.
    Many half-hearted NC pushes have made me a bit cynical.
    I have absolutely no control over how people process and play this game.

I am actually too gung-ho irl when it comes to the task at hand and excel in the moment while others lack.
    It makes for a hard road. I have made some progress though!

I love to grab my Sundy and repair tanks and shoot down things that filter through and even enjoy the final onslaught of attackers because most of the time the NC front is typically pushed back due to their lack of intent and fortitude, and I have resigned to that fact and play accordingly.
    Frankly I despise the attitude that a lot of players "seemingly" have about how they play the game but w/e.

I know its just a game, however, I made the choice to go NC, it fits closer to how I believe irl.
    Isnt that what the designers intended?
    Faction based driven gameplay?

Getting back to the OP.
    I can see it both ways and it is situational.
    I like to kills Sundy's and I also like to have the enemy flowing in like water in a stream, or standing there as I drop a cap in their melon.
    So many people so many different attitudes and motivations.

[end semi-rant] : ]
  4. Sigmundr Rumare

It might not be true for your specific situation (as I wasn't there) but it's usually requested by the devs that when doing testing with large players to NOT destroy the enemy sundies.
    • Up x 2
  5. GoEErs

I am with you brother. The very first thing I learned about this game was "kill the spawn". I saw it on a YouTube video from Oblivion Arrives. Kill the spawns whether Sundie or beacon no matter what. Then cap the points and clean up the stragglers. At least this has been what I've been doing for the last 2 months.
  6. Sulsa

I am so Minor League compared to some...
    I don't think I have ever thought of one of these.
  7. Tuco

Yes it destroys the (opponent is spawning from an unprotected area) farm, doesn't it.
  8. EliteEskimo

Just do what I do since Sunderer hunting is one of my favorite past times. Aim at the base of the Sunderer where infantry spawn, if you use rounds with splash damage you'll get kills from the splash damage while the direct hits are killing the Sunderer. Kills+Helping your team= Best overall outcome. Some people would rather just farm the infantry until someone else blows up the Sunderer though lol.
  9. Tonberry76

i stile don't no what to do in this game it seems allot of players love to farm
    but for me i wane capture areas am not rely in to farming i will get my certs sooner ore later

and i use a boost also for 7 days
    but if the enemy have a lower players base and we have higher and we let the enemy win

then am rely :confused:
    ore even if we have the same numbers and all 4 generators are gone be blow up and none of my faction
    is going there so the enemy have a easy way to get into the base

i think wtf are you guys doing am rely :confused:
    its not rely my play style then i go back to the warp gate and look for something else

but its always the same sadly -.-
    hope i can find a place in this game and how it rely works

sorry for my bad english
  10. Meeka

I destroy Sunderers as priority # 1.... and you would be surprised how many people yell, "Don't destroy the Sundy!!!" or "We're farming them!"

To those people, screw you, my objective is to keep the base, that Sunderer is going down and your farm is no consideration of mine.
    • Up x 2
  11. Captain Kid

I noticed the same thing. Not may people flank and runin a straight line to the enemy. I do try to flank the enemy myself but you really need light assault for that with those stupid rocks EVERYWHERE.
    Anyway, got some nice kills streaks by sneaking up on the enemy like that.

Problem is, if you go to far from the group you get harassed by infiltrators. Either with a sniper rifle or with a smg. It's frustrating spending minutes trying to get around some rocks only to be (near) insta killed by an enemy you didn't even see.
  12. Pondera

Everyone else's logic: But destroying the sunderer ends the farming!

Ponderan logic: There's bound to be a huge gaggle of enemies around the sundy. I'll go over there, toss some friendship bricks (C4) down, hit the button to turn my new friends into friendship bits (it's magical, y'know), blow up the sundy in the process (+4 CERTs. Yessssssss) and anyone who's left, I'll sink Bloodletter (force-blade) into them for giggles.

Point? Why ask others to do what you can do yourself?
  13. Ghosty11

Nah this wasn't any special testing event, just a bunch of farmers.
  14. KnightCole

When you consider how horrible the handling on the flash is...yeah lol. Driving over anything but flat, lvl terrain makes that flash never turn, slide like its on ice, flip like crazy, spin around all the time....its horrific.

I know your kidding but still lol.
  15. KnightCole

Ya know, that would prolly be a good idea to give this game some kind of a point or purpose. Right now, I love a good sundy farm and see little point in working to overly hard to defend a base thats being overrun by guys who kill me alot hahha.