Liberators "Not" OP

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BrokenMirror, Mar 11, 2014.

1. BrokenMirror

A Solo lib: (just tankbuster) can instadeath an ESF.
    Can Take down a skyguard in 1 second
    Can kill a galaxy in 20 seconds (using Tankbuster)

a Lib with a Dalton Gunner
    Can kill a skyguard instantly
    Can kill a skyguard from render distance
    can instadeath a Battletank
    Can kill a battletank at renderdistance
    Can Farm a Sunderer
    Can Farm a sunderer at render distance
    Can farm a spawnpoint
    Can farm a spawnpoint at render distance
    Can shoot beyond render distance
    Can shoot through spawnroom shields out of renderdistance
    Can kill infantry zergs
    Can kill infantry zergs at render distance
    Can kill infantry zergs beyond renderdistance
    Can snipe ESFs
    Can Shotgun 1 shot ESFs
    Can kill ESFs at renderdistance
    Can kill ESFs beyond renderdistance
    Can only be killed by several people using an extremely coordinated attack
    Can Instadeath Maxes
    Can Instadeath galaxies
    Can put the Dalton through the warpgate shield and shoot the enemy

Liberator Tanking
    Can survive the same amount of daltons as a galaxy (Thanks to new Composite Armor)
    Can Kill more and not die (Thanks to the ability to sit outside of renderdistance)
    Can now Counter ALL air thanks to Hyenas. (They nearly instadeath ESFs and take 12% of a Galaxys health in a Volly, They are BETTER then Coyotes)
    Are now STRONGER against AP rounds

Liberators...
    Can ruin a zerg
    Can kill you without you knowing where it is
    Can kill you with no animation or sound
    Can kill you with you shooting a skyguard at him
    Can kill you if your standing behind a spawnshield
    Can kill you if the Dalton lands 6m away from you
    Can kill you if you stand still
    Can kill you if your running
    Can kill you if your in cover
    Can kill you if your in a Tank
    Can kill you if your in a sunderer
    Can not be killed by a Sunderer with walkers
    Can not be killed by a lone skyguard
    Can not be killed by an AA max
    Can not be killed by an AA max with 2 AA Turrets up
    Can not be killed by another liberator (Thanks to composite Armor)
    Can not be killed by a galaxy Pointing FOUR guns at you. (If a Gal gets 2,3, 4, and 5 on you, 2 Walkers 2 drakes, the lib STILL wins)
    Can not be killed by an ESF (Hyenas put an end to you, MAYBE you dodge Dalton, you no dodge 100% Chance to hit lockons that set u on fire)
    Counters EVERYTHING, From ESFs to Sunderers to Galaxys

Countered By:
    The ground
    TRees *** only affects Vanu and NC
    Mountains
    The Warpgate Bubbles
    Out of Bounds
    DEATHWATER

And That is a List of Reasons the Liberator is NOT Overpowered
    • Up x 6
  2. Pikachu

All those things are of ideal situations.
    • Up x 3
  3. BrokenMirror

If im at renderdistance, Im shooting you, your dieing, you don't know where I am...

if Air comes to kill me it dies, because I have a Missile launcher that is Extremely deadly, and rarely misses.

That isn't situational
  4. Goden

The new resitence against tank rounds is just silly. If a Lib is flying low enough to be successfully hit by a tank then it is because the Lib pilot is being too risky with his flying or is just a bad pilot. The Lib should not be given protection from stupid decisions. If pilots don't want to be hit by tank cannons then don't fly so low.

Libs are bombers and gunships - not low-flying strafing aircraft like the ESF.
    • Up x 3
  5. HadesR

I think a few of the changes fall into that category .. Did the game really need another HE spamming AI weapon ? And buff the resistances of it's delivery vehicle.

If Libs become anything like they were at release then all the Kill cams in the World will not retain new players ... Or even old ones ..
  6. Goden

I would have preferred they expand the Libs role as a precision tankbuster rather than give it more HE spam infantryfarm weapons. I agree with you there.
  7. doombro

I was going to agree with you, but then you crossed the line.
  8. Masterofm

You can instantly kill a skyguard? Man I must be doing something wrong because I've never been able to 1 shot a lightening.

You make some fair points, but I hope you do realize that quite a bit of what you said isn't actually true.

Please at least be factual because a lot of what has been said is a lie.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

How often do you experience any of the things you listed? All liberators do currently is:
    * Denting vehicles a little then they have to flee.
    * Trolling and farming enemies that have already lost.
    * Killing some lonely tank out in nowhere.
    * Shooting ESF with dalton if the crew are the elite.

Most of the time they hae no impact. Theyre the unwanted child who loses 1/3HP befor hitting something
    • Up x 2
  10. Riddlley

I was playing around with the new gun, with .35m splash radius and horrid accuracy... Its actually worse than the zephyr at the moment.

You don't have more than 10 minutes in a liberator either do you?

AV turrets do nearly all the things listed. Besides the blatant lies... This thread is incredible nonconstructive.

The idea behind the composite armour was to make low level liberators lives a little easier. Besides that, it opens up a new style with strafing runs with the new bellygun. Not much is actually going to change with regards to high level play, except having a tail gunner is worthwhile now.

SI'd be more understanding of you if weren't flat out wrong on large sections of your post.

One last thing with regards to render distance. Since you clearly have no idea.... You cannot attack unrendered targets. Ever. Second, infantry render is 300m. In large fights this decreases dramatically. Tanks render at about 800. And liberators something absurd like 1000m. Now, the funny thing about all this. You ALWAYS see the liberator before it sees you. Whether it is flak or an ESF, the tools are there.
  11. BrokenMirror

You Tankbust it than Dalton it, its dead before it can run.

And Pikachu, When talking about guns, Always assume that the pilot is competent. You don't make stuff OP so incompetent people can use it. Hard to use does not make OP Balanced at this level, The Dalton+Tankbuster are so powerful, any difficulty they have is outweighed by the power they actually have.
  12. BrokenMirror

Actually no, the Liberator Dalton can actually Damage infantry outside of render distance. BTW your numbers are off, Increase the numbers for infantry by a bit, Tanks maybe a bit, and lower Liberators (I play at max settings) Ive had liberators kill me that I cant even see, Why? They are too far away for me to see, but somehow they still hit me.

And libs can ACTUALLY deal damage when they aren't rendered (atleast for you) and the fact is, have you ever taken damage from nowhere? No sound, no explosion, just damage? That's a Lib shelling you from render distance.

"AV turrets do all the things in this thread"

Well a lib isn't an AV turret, its an Aircraft, with an AV turret strapped to the bottom. A Stationary turret SHOULD be more powerful then a mobile weapon. (No Real Life physics involved, just gamebalance)

If you can compare a Dalton to an AV turret, guess what? I've done my job, Because it isn't an AV Turret, it should be weaker.

And the new belly gun is kind of Not good. the Zypher and Dalton both do its job better than it does.
  13. DatatheGenius

An AV turret is tiny compared to a dalton.. Don't think it should pack the same punch...

DatatheGenius
  14. BrokenMirror

If you want the Dalton to be stronger than an AV Turret, can my Gals 2 gun be a 4 Barreled Flak Cannon.
    • Up x 1
  15. Masterofm

That's not instant. That is shooting it in the rear and then nosing up hard enough that your gunner can take a shot.

It's really easy to talk about how easy everything is. Trying to do that tactic against a coordinated group and you get dead. Trying to do that against some lone guy who is in the middle of nowhere? That scrub gets dead. Although I've had pilots nose gun me and then crash into me and die giving me a free kill before.

From max render distance infantry don't render, only tanks.

Also aren't they toning down the splash of a dalton in this new patch?

Personally I can go on far longer kill streaks on runs just using a tank then I ever could doing 2 man dalton runs. Hell even the most crack shot dalton gunner on my best run we knocked out 3 libs, 4 ESF's (although I guess we could account for 3 more that crashed into mountains by being outflown,) 5 MBTs, 8 lightenings, 4 sunderers, and killed 90 dudes (I killed about 6 and my gunner did 84'ish give or take 5 guys.) As a tank with a gunner? My best run is 2 libs, 2 ESFs, 10 MBTs, 16 lightenings, 8 sunderers, and I personally killed 15 dudes. I think my gunner got 49.

If you think libs are better then a tank the answer to all this and more is no. They are not. Even the best pilots and gunners can be killed more easily then a good tank crew.
  16. FoxD3v1lsW1ld

Holy sh*t this is ******** on so many levels, wtf have you been smoking? For the sake of it, i am gonna try...

This was just your first part, and the rest isn't better either. Learn your game mechanics before you post BS like "it can kill stuff outside render distance".

1.5/10 (at least you put effort into it)
    • Up x 5
  17. Vanon

A long shot can kill 45 people in just over 60 seconds. Short of an aimbot i doubt anyone has actually done this, but you should add it to your list of unrealistic stuff that happens once in a blue moon.

As someone who fly's a lot, libs are rarely pulled because they are situational. For a lib to be pulled you need either
    1) air dominace or little air or the ability to clear the air
    2) for the ground to not pull more then one skyguard/burster max.

Now lets talk weapons
    Zephers are only useful when hovering over a base that has no air defences what so ever, and even then most people run in the buildings. The only thing they are used as a go to now is to clear biolab pads.
    Daltons are used to kill ESF's more then tanks these days. Even if you find a tank, and have a gunner who can hit him, half the time you get driven off by flak and lock-on's, or the tank finds cover. Also if you stand still, even high alts, your going to be hit by a tank shell.

Most of the time to kill infantry from the air, it's better to use rocketpods or battle gal's.
    • Up x 1
  18. EliteEskimo

I'd like to know how many AP/HEAT Tank rounds a Liberator with Max composite armor can take. If a Liberator tried to rush my tank with a tank buster I could take it down if I caught him during his run. If I'm going to need to hit him with 6-10 AP/HEAT Shells it's going to be messed up. It's a 450 resource cost vehicle and a main battle tank, it needs to be able to defend itself against liberator pilots who don't choose to attack it from directly above.
  19. Hicksimus

This is just like the old ZoE/Harasser is not OP arguments.
    ZoE totally wasn't OP because if you stood still and didn't toggle it and didn't eventually kill a guy holding a decimator then you could totally die if he aimed well.
    The Harasser wasn't OP because it required more than 1 person and if it sat still without having an engineer in the rumble seat it could maybe die if the enemy had an MLG pro MBT or 2 and you didn't decide to drive off.

Just because you really like your liberators and the certs they get you doesn't mean they aren't OP. Being able to be killed by something if you are caught off guard or if you are bad or if you are outnumbered does not mean it's balanced it just means that you aren't hacking.
  20. Alarox

It takes, with composite armor:
    4 Vanguard AP rounds
    5 Magrider FPC rounds
    7 Prowler AP rounds

5 Vanguard HEAT rounds
    6 Magrider PC rounds
    9 Prowler HEAT rounds

A Liberator can literally hover in my LOS and tankbust me to death before I can kill him. "Balance".
    • Up x 1