I Miss a few Pre-lattice things.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

The ability to Select where you want to instant action into(with that really cool Icon on the map for it)

Steel rain( which was something you COULD ONLY SEE IN PLANETSIDE 2), Now with the lattice system in place maybe this could come back since the lattice is more straightforward.

The ability to tactically fight anywhere on the map if you wanted to.(meaning surprise 3 ways happened a lot and were epic if you lived threw them).

Cutting the enemy off entirely actually was possible and to some extent ment something.(it seriously needs to mean something more)

I just needed to post this because I've really wondering lately.... where did the essence of the PS2 experience go?, and where is the game headed?
    • Up x 2
  2. TheFamilyGhost

Lattice definitely took a lot of options away from the players.

We shouldn't be surprised though. Look at all the things happening to make this game easier and easier...
    • Up x 3
  3. huller

The one thing that should be returned without a shadow of doubt is 100% continent captures. The only thing even aproaching metagame was right there
    • Up x 5
  4. Scr1nRusher

^ sorely miss that aswell.
  5. Timithos

The community's idea of creating a Sunderer utility that created a temporary lattice link is a great idea towards relaxing the lattice further.
    • Up x 4
  6. GhostAvatar

100% continent cap brought some epic battles. Battles like TRAMs last stand defense at Scarred Mesa Skydock. Those were the days the game actually stood for something.

• Up x 1
  7. UberBonisseur

That **** was broken.

"OK GUYS PRESS THIS BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME"
    Suddenly, at the other side of the map
    *48 guys drop from the sky in the middle of a base*
  8. TheLeader

Lol you should try plaing ps1.
  9. Scr1nRusher

I feel like PS2 is slowly loosing itself.

hard to describe but..... it just starting to feel off abit.
    • Up x 2
  10. GhostAvatar

Unfortunately that footage doesn't really do the battle justice. You had to be there to really experience the entire server fighting over a single hex for several hours.
    • Up x 2
  11. umbrellapower

My only complaint is that lattice killed biolab fights for attackers. You shouldn't have to zerg all lanes leading to a biolab to be able to encircle it. Teleporters are essential for biolab assaults and the usual one-teleporter-room-peekaboo-massacre-fest is trash gameplay.
    • Up x 6
  12. Scr1nRusher

^biolabs are trash gameplay anyways.
  13. Blarg20011

They should definitely bring back Influence decreasing cap times, maybe not as dramatically as before, but some.
    • Up x 1
  14. NC_agent00kevin

I still dont like the lattice; but I do somewhat prefer the effect its had - no more annoying backcapping and ghost capping. I think it should have been achieved by a total redesign of the maps though, not by drawing lines on the map and saying ' you fight here'.
    • Up x 1
  15. AltF4Fun

I just remember it being laggy as ****:D.But agree epic battle.
  16. Prudentia

nn

i liked this one alot more, the base was better accesable so the fight was more often close to base and flooded into the base in a more organic fashion instead of just galaxy spam till one of them came trough and dropped on the point to be obliterated by the rest of the TR Infantry.

The good old days of TRAM

we should really try and get that EU server clash going that once crashed the testserver. i doubt TVA, NCTO and TRAM (does it even exist anymore?) can execute a good miller only event.
  17. grazr

It does annoy me that often the one battle i want to join, the one where i feel like an extra player will make the difference, seems to be the only battle of 3 or 4 that i can't join.

If you're redeploying from the WG, you should be able to spawn in at any controlled hex as far as i'm concerned, or at the very least, a hex with an enemy presence.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tuco

spawning from adjacent bases when camped.
  19. Tuco

Groovy beta video, but those types of groovy situations aren't gone because of the lattice, they are gone because a majority of the players, after 1 year, have already figured out how to maximize CertGain/Time. And that means base cap XP whoring, camping, or being a spawn room warrior. It all pretty much meshes together into one big LAME.

After a given amount of time it all becomes very formulaic and unless tactical options become more sophisticated than the game will become boring. And the only way to expand tactics is with defensive tools like the PS1 AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, and PS1 motion detectors.

Told you so.
    • Up x 1
  20. doombro

The first warpgate rotation was the day the game died. I miss having perceived home continents.
    • Up x 1