Deathcam inbound..... time to fight it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by smokemaker, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokemaker

Deathcam is now on test servers.....

Its coming so new players dont quit.......

Fight this or lose another game to brain dead players with no concept of situational awareness...

Deathcam or anything like it is bad for gamers brains.

No need to think about things the PC will do it for you.
    • Up x 9
  2. TheBloodEagle

I'm against it giving your position away in the current form (from the last pics I've seen) but if they need to do it to retain new players then ehhh alright. Higby said it's the #1 complaint from newbies (getting killed "randomly"). But right now I feel like it is still too precise.
  3. HadesR

As someone else suggested if the purpose is to help new players then ok. But have it so that one you reach BR 10 or 15 or w/e the feature is disabled ..

New players are helped without adding a default crutch to the whole game ..
    • Up x 4
  4. TheBloodEagle

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!

Please do post it on Reddit & Twitter, since they seem to listen more on there.
    • Up x 1
  5. Oreo202

What if instead of disappearing completely it becomes less accurate after BR 7, and decreasingly accurate until BR 17. After BR 17 it disappears.
    • Up x 4
  6. Zenanii

RIP snipers?
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

Maybe the current line on PTS until BR10 .. Then the suggested Vague arrow indicator from 10-20 .. Then removal after 20
  8. LIKE A BOSS!

If they add this stalker cloak will become almost useless same with snipers. Sniping with suppressors will also become pretty much useless. Whats the point of hiding in the tree anymore also.
  9. dBMachine

I could go with or without it. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.
  10. f0d

im less against deathcam as i am against dorito spotting
    preferably i would like neither deathcam or dorito spotting but since we have the worst one might as well add deathcam also
    • Up x 1
  11. smokemaker

I can almost support the idea of having this limit out after a certain low level.... giving the new player some time to get a hold of things, but if its there regardlesss of Br lvl.... it is wrong.

heck its wrong as is, dumbing down a game to help people with lower mentalities is bad game design.
  12. RadarX

Please feel free to discuss this topic (we want both positive and negative feedback) in the Testing Feedback using any of the available threads
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.