"Kill cam" being considered in Roadmap forums.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UberBonisseur

2. maxkeiser

Nobody wants this. Please remove before it is too late. Just so not needed.
    • Up x 2
  3. IamDH

• Up x 1
  4. NanoBitSplit

Wow, that looks like crap.

Way too cluttered and filled with useless junk. It's pretty easy to see the whole reason they'd put your own life stats and medals and et cetera on the death screen is to try to convince you to play just a liiiiittle longer to get that next medal.

The minimap thing is crap as well.

I don't understand what's supposedly so wrong with the current death screen.
    • Up x 1
  5. Wecomeinpeace

That doesn't look too bad imo.
    I don't get what this outright hatred towards a killcam in a game where you are dead when you don't keep moving is about anyways.
    Are so many people camping on one spot for half an hour that this would ruin their gameplay? Seriously?

I don't care about killcams either way, but i see them being benefitial for newbies especially, so i don't oppose them this vehemently.
  6. Lakora

Nobody is a strong word, that would entail that you spoke for every single person playing Planetside 2.

Anyway I think people are mostly miss understand what it is. It's nothing more then an after death damage indicator. Now personally I'd be happy if they removed the current damage indicators overall. :D No more red "I got shot from there" indicators.

Edit: Just had another look at the screen... I do hope it isn't what it looks like now.
  7. NanoBitSplit

You know, there's a reason damage indicators have been around since the days of Doom and Douk.

I guarantee you would regret saying that within the first hour of getting plinked to death by LAs and SMG INFs whom you now don't even have a general idea of where they're hiding.
  8. UberBonisseur

You know, I think that'd be fine IRL where people don't communicate and respawn after they die.
  9. Lakora

Why am I not surprised to see these kind of replies? Lol, just what I wanted actually. Since at least how the killcam been advertised is as a damage indicator that is shown even after death showing the direction of the killshot. I just hope that the image they've shown isn't the final thing n that it won't show where it was fired from cause that's complete bullocks then.
  10. NanoBitSplit

Because you were wrong and needed to be told so.
  11. Lakora

<.< Just to make it ultra clear I was provoking that kind of response on purpose hoping the ppl replying would be the same kinda of people who don't want the "kill cam"
  12. Wylding

Kill cam, eh?

Well SOE, it's time to find a new game. Thanks for the good times. Cya.
  13. sindz

Please remove this!
    • Up x 1
  14. Ttariel

No SOE please dont.
    This is just another thing that gives excuses to learn nothing.
    I get that the game should be doable for new players, but you cant take the hand of them for everything.
  15. Brandmon

Shamefur necro.

But I don't mind the changes. They don't change much as I can still figure out what killed me from where 99% of the time anyway and I still communicate what killed me as it stands. And whenever I rely on stealth, I consistently change my location anyway. So from my point of view this killcam might actually mislead the enemy as in their reaction I will hit them from somewhere else instead.

The section of the community that this will benefit the most are the newbies and the ones that will be hit the most are the campers. And I am fine with that. An addition that will give newbies a helping hand into getting to grips with what got them killed is always welcome in my book and furthermore this might solve the few occasions where I can't tell what killed me: because the render distance cannot comprehend and strange stuff starts happening.
  16. UberBonisseur

New players ?
    It'll just allow me to instantly communicate the exact position of enemy troops to the rest of my squad.

There's no such thing as "camping".
    If you're defending a position from a vantage point, you're a camper ?
    If you set up AA nests on top of buildings, you're a camper ?
    If you sit behind a turret covering a hallway, you're a camper ?
  17. Valok

It's not "beneficial" for then - Why you ask? Because they won't be the only ones with access to it. Wanna know what I managed to improve a lot of my 500hours on this game? Awareness/Positioning. Now if we combine my already long experience with a automatic enemy locator what do you think will happen when the "newbie" gets a "lucky" shot on me or actually studies the overall map and use it to his advantage? Correct, with the "killcam" I will know for a sure where he is and I'll just head over there and end his little party.

Now on the Snipers subject:

As a Sniper there are situations where said Sniper should be relocating, most of the times it is when they are taking shots too close to enemies. Due to the distance it's easier to hear the cloak/gun sound/tracers.

There are those other times however where you spend 15minutes looking for proper advantage point and it is in your best interest to not move and start taking carefully well place shots, otherwise the already low cert gain that you have with this class will go even lower if you are forced to move for every single kill you make. And for Stalker's.. Well I don't even need to explain why this is terrible.

But it doesn't stop here, LA's will also get hit hard due to this. Actually, any person/class that uses positioning over frontal assault can consider this a terrible ideia.

TL;DR This is a bad idea BFR style. Don't you dare to implement it.
  18. Brandmon

The reporting of enemy positions after getting killed is already possible and happens. All the time within channels of communication. When killed by unsuppressed weapons you get highlighted on the minimap automatically. And even when killed by supressed weapons the person that gets shot has a good idea of where the shot game from. It is a matter of situational awareness. Not the mention tracers and the associated audio cues.

And yes, all the above may qualify as camping. But only of you don't bother to relocate your position periodically so you don't give the enemy the upper hand when he decides to strike back. If you are of any importance and are hindering in a major way the enemy, you can sure as hell expect the enemy to retaliate before you know it. Happens to Mountain-camps all the time. When an enemy doesn't bother to strike at you, it isn't because you are being clever and stealthy but it is because you are so unimportant that the enemy is better off not bothering.

Otherwise if you actually play smart and relocate constantly out of habit, this patch doesn't put you in any danger. If anything it will mislead the enemy in pointing the enemy at a certain location in which you would certainly not be there any more.

Please do implement it SOE. The tantrums thrown by people who think too highly of themselves are glorious.
  19. OldMaster80

This is probably the worst idea I've seen Dove the game is out: it's not needed and will destroy flanking making harder to outmaneuver the enemy. Just think how hard it eill be for infiltrators to keep their position secret.

Don't push this crap livr for the sake of god and remember the old SWG and BFR lessons: when the whole community tells you you're doing it wrong STOP IT.
  20. R71

This is crap. Do we really need to hold every ones hand. Let them learn how to play. In fact get rid of the mini map dots too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.