Snipers, Don't be that guy...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pascalli, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Littleman

Once I start shooting at the bad guys, I don't stop my burst until they're offed or I need to reset the CoF. Sadly, the bad guys can shoot through my buddy. Apparently, I can not.

I don't even say sorry anymore. I mean, I can get if there's some desync, but it's not THAT bad that One can't see I'm shooting or towards what when they cross my line of fire.
  2. Akeita

It's for safe farming, all farms.
    Without us, infiltrator, medic will have less certs
    Without medics, we will have no certs
    You have to love that metal clash sounds when someone head shot you, and which snipers wouldn't love that sounds like they just stab a pillow when they hit someone head... Satisfying stuff.
  3. FouckingBamn

@OP Even worse when you're using a pump-action and some low BR newbie clips right in front of you just as you fire. Happened to me thrice at the same base.
  4. KatieCross

Simple solution: Dispose of the obstruction, then continue on your merry way!
    • Up x 1
  5. Nyscha

Preferably this way.

• Up x 3
  6. LibertyRevolution

Stand in my line of fire, I warn you once.
    If your still standing there when the enemy comes, you will be looking at the deploy screen.

Also, don't be this guy:

These videos could always use more views, they still make me lol.
    • Up x 3
  7. KatieCross

I've run into a few people like that Ig when I was sniping... They died many well deserved deaths.
  8. Pikachu

This thread makes me laugh. :D
  9. Serevn

Problem is there are many HAs that can use their LMG better at range than many snipers can snipe at range.
  10. Trudriban

I ain't gettin in the way of no cowardly sharpshooter

I'm comandeering their position to FIRE FOR FREEDOM
    [IMG]
    I just really wanted to use this gif, lol I'm not even American
  11. The Rogue Wolf

Ever notice that when someone shoots you in the back, it's your fault for getting in their line of fire, but when you shoot someone else in the back, it's your fault for not checking your fire?

Anyway. Let me play "devil's advocate" here. While it's entirely true that there's plenty of clueless chumps who don't care, there are times where both the faction-colored outline for a cloaked teammate, and the team-flavored Dorito, entirely fail to render. Therefore it's rare but not unheard of for a friendly Infiltrator to be completely invisible to someone.

If you communicate to them that you're there but they obviously don't care, however, then giving them a bolt-action enema is entirely allowable.

At least he's being smart for an exceptionally generous value of "smart" and holding the AK in his right hand.
  12. Duban

I almost never got shot in the back for walking anywhere in their way and when I do I admit I ****** up. 99% of the time a good player gets TK'd it's because of a careless n00bs that didn't bother to check if the person they were shooting was friendly or not.
  13. Giggily

If you snipe from a "spot" then you are basically ******* up as an infiltrator. You should never stay stationary between shots because that makes you significantly easier to countersnipe.
    • Up x 1
  14. DJPenguin

Sometimes I'll purposely keep firing even if it kills whoever stands right in front of me.
  15. Gendomaoken

Oh, this kind of thing happens with all classes. There are always morons, who come under your gun, while you stream bullets, or OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE AIMING. I accidently headshotted a heavy once while sniping with my mid range BASR. he gets rezzed than tks me... Fine bro, lets play game "who can take more bullets up his skull".
    Same things happen to me while trying to do ANYTHING inside the buildings. People dont respect, that someone already stands at the window, door, whatever.
    Personally, while we engage in a outfits ops, we refrain from TKing eachother and watch our backs, but i cant just be arsed to stop shooting, because some random kennypwnator192883(not a hyperbole, theres tons of players with names like this) doesnt see the stream of lead, heading thru the door, and immediatly cuts the stream. He either dies from enemy fire(saving me in process) or dies from mine ;)
    After all, human beings learn the fastest from own experience. At least one would think so... Unfortunately alot of today players prove otherwise *sigh*
  16. Maelthra

I don't always snipe, but when I do, I do it far away from my team mates.
  17. sustainedfire

Today I had a fellow infiltrator end up on the same tall perch of unclimbable mountain of southeast Indar that was overlooking a fight.

I think this teammate was drop podded down and saw me and decided I had the best and only vantage point.

I was stationary, lining up the shot vs. my nemesis who had been trading shots with me for some time as I was taking down his teammates on the ground.

I cloaked and waited stationary as I lined up a headshot on this guy I had my eye on for the last 5 minutes- and as I had him in site and pulled the trigger, this random fellow Infiltrator walks into my line of site and I headshot my teammate.:rolleyes:

Accidents happen, but it was only me and this single other infiltrator- I think he could have found his own space!
  18. LibertyRevolution

Meh.. They can't kill me in the spawn anyways, so why move. :rolleyes:
  19. Kanil

Ah, snipers... so adorable.