The problem with TR weapons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by whitupiggu, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Ivalician

I find 143 damage, 750 RPM weapons to be the most effective, general purpose weapons in Planetside. They have great, maybe not excellent, effectiveness in CQC, yet are highly controllable for pinging off multiple headshots in a row at mid range w/ 1x reflex or even longer ranges w/ 2x reflex. All around beasts. In fact, the MSW-R, imo, is one of the best weapons in the game. According to my stats, I survive 3.3 or so encounters wielding one to every death. That is not the sign of an incapable weapon.

Now admittedly, I rarely use carbines because I much prefer healing or overshield over occasionally getting onto a roof or being cattle ( engineer ), and I know carbines suffer one additional tier of damage drop off, but please explain to me how these 143 damage, 750 RPM carbines are entirely useless as you are making them out to be. Sure, maybe that one extra tier of damage drop off might make all the difference, but the base platform is already incredibly capable.

That said, I fully agree that TR weapon selection is a bit too samey and I am a proponent of weapons with perhaps a 125 damage, 888 RPM model exclusively for TR. In fact, I find it hilarious so many people want increased fractional differentiation, yet all TR and VS seem to talk about is wanting more options similar to the NC's EM6.
  2. MurderBunneh

Nor do NC have a monopoly on the highest damage. As I have said before as far as I'm concerned take all the high rof weapons from NC.

Then they can give us the most damaging Shotguns Pistols and BASR. For example the NC should have gotten the big badass PA Shotties, TR the fast firing Auto Shotties and VS the more accurate longer range type like the Jackhammer. But I guess I'm the smartest man alive or something.:eek:(not).

I have never used the GDF and probably never will. If I need CQB stopping power I pull my Cyclone or Jackhammer. Because I rolled NC to use NC weapons not a generic version of the other guys guns.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bubbelda

I think TR Assault Rifles are fine. Our Carbines on the other hand...
  4. MurderBunneh

If you really want to know Tr are in really bad place a place that feels familiar to me. 5 months ago NC was terrible on the servers I played on. I am not talking about weapons I am talking about leadership and plattoons.

I try to play TR late night on Connery and it is just an awful experience. Dudes blasting music(squad leaders no less) I get TK matter of fact they make a game of TK each other.

This is what it felt like on NC when morale was at an all time low.

I and many other are all in favor of TR getting whatever it needs to get back to respectability.

What I and many others are afraid of is a return to utter dominance.

Too much horizontal recoil and your weapons aren't fun to play with. Too little horizontal recoil and you have the 845rof bullet hoses you got used to having last year.

Also NC have yet to win any kind of event EVER. So if we have the best weapons and the most pop why do we continue to lose out?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while but not NC.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bubbelda

^TR doing poorly late night on Connery is not due to leadership. It's due to sitting around 22% world pop with VS at 46-52% and NC bringing up the rest.
  6. MurderBunneh

No. You can fight well with 15% pop if you want to. You might not cap **** or win but you can still slay people and be smart. There is no smart that I have seen. This is a result of the thinning of your ranks and good people leaving.
    We NC fight the VS hordes with 27% pop but for some reason you can't do it with 24%?

The VS fought NC/TR on Connery for months with less then 20%.

Dig your heels into the dirt and say no more. Get good at killing not winning. Killing feels almost as good as winning especially when you have a 75% xp benefit. If you getting zerged there is no cowardice in staying behind the shields and farming them till it's time to redeploy. There is a time and place for it with experience you will begin to see which ones are lost and which ones can be won with hard work.

Once again I feel like I am the only person that can see things objectively on these forums.
  7. Trudriban

It's the first NC gun I Auraxium'd and if it weren't for my mad lust of certs I'd be using it almost exclusively on my LA. Give it a laser sight and a 2x scope and you have a ridiculously controllable ADS carbine that kicks the competition's teeth in at hipfire too. Sure it fires slightly slower but it's hardly noticeable with all the full auto headshots you can pull off whether it's down the sights or not. Engineer though I tend to use the Warden more often but that's just me, I love the slow firing high damage guns like a true NC

Though since the razor seems to be hit and miss with most people, I'd say give it a try in the VR first or even trial it. If you can get past the iron sights it's still a great weapon with no attachments. And if you do cert into it and hate it, only 250 certs gone and for plenty of us that's no real biggie
    • Up x 1
  8. Bubbelda

Let's be honest. I try to fight the VS at night, but when they swarm every base with ESFs and tanks and have 70% pop at that base it's just not fun. To make matters worse, you NC rarely fight the VS at night. There's usually one huge TR and NC fight somewhere and small skirmishes everywhere else. Even if TR or NC find an even fight with the VS somewhere it turns into 70% VS pop before you know it. They zerg everywhere.

The poor leadership is on NC. I see you guys make awful decisions. The VS do it too, but not nearly as much as NC.

NC have this dumb habit of trying to warpgate us during alerts and they succeed, but it ends up with an hour left in the alert with VS backdooring you with impunity and us easily pushing out from our warpgate which causes you so many losses. I don't think I've ever seen the NC win an alert with lower pop than the VS. I've seen the VS win plenty of alerts with lower pop than NC. Hell, we've won sitting at 29-30% pop for a majority of the alert. It's fun seeing NC and VS pop plummet near the end because they're so demoralized about losing with pop advantage. TR can be dangerous when we want to, but late night it's pointless. We'd rather cert farm late night.

We're incompetent sometimes, every faction is, but Connery NC should be the last to say anything about another faction being incompetent. The decisions they make a lot of the time are mind boggling and make little sense.
  9. MurderBunneh

Can't respond to this because I play 12pmto 8am and this what you have describe does not happen in any plattoons I am in.

Your XPIV fun platoons will never compete with a platoon such as vOc that is being run like a machine. I played an alert last night that we were asked to switch continents 5 times in a 20 minute period. Nobody complained they just followed orders because that is how you win.

Log on make a Connery NC tonight and check it out you will see. Around 60 days playtime here I've seen it all good and bad and I know the diff.

If you are going to continue to make stuff up don't even bother responding.
  10. TheBigHert

Don't know what you're talking about OP, TR infantry guns are the easiest to get kills with.
  11. Bubbelda

12pm to 8am PST? VS do zerg everywhere. NC do slightly better than TR because they have more pop, but you still get steamrolled whenever the late night VS zerg rolls in. Oh, are you talking about Esamir where NC love to ghost cap? Yeah, you guys do great on the continent nobody else wants to fight on that late at night.

I wouldn't be caught dead making a NC character on Connery. I play TR on Connery already. I'm on enough and fight NC enough to know your shortcomings. It's easy to see you make mistakes during alerts. It's embarrassing seeing you guys crumble during the day when you have the high pop. I really feel sorry for NC sometimes.

On the other hand, we actually win some alerts when we try, which isn't much to be honest.

Edit - Neither NC or TR win alerts late at night. VS horde too strong.
  12. Aegie

Evidence? Anywhere? No? Cool, then I'll add my opinions

T5AMC
    Rhino
    Cycler
    • Up x 1
  13. Gendomaoken

I can give you one problem with TR weapons. Its TR players. Whining about EVERYTHING. When i play my TR i do it, because its fun to use those bullet hoses with good hipfire. Nobody ever understands, how big advantage is "those measly" 10 bullets. Now, i already know how this argument will be countered by most. But all i would say: No matter how you say awesome high damage headshots are. Having selection of high RPM weapons with build in ext mags is advantage, for high rpm guns always give advantage in FPS over slow firing. Thats why players use GD-7f(and serpent)
    Also, can anyone notice and start whining, that VS also got GF-7f? Its called serpent. Its a copycat of it.
  14. MurderBunneh

Well I will just end it here because I don't feel anything constructive will come from further discussion.

I will add that I don't have not and never will ghostcap. Any large platoons I see doing it late at night get called on that ****.

Good day.
  15. PostalDude

Go back to NC, if you think TR guns are okay in their current form. You are in a state of psychosis.
  16. Aegie

Holy **** people really- lets see some performance figures if you want to talk about how crappy weapons are because otherwise its just meaningless and leads to the very likely conclusion (based on, you guessed it, performance figures) that a the decrease in performance (to achieve balance) has been noticed and the people who had grown accustomed to it are unhappy and nothing more.

I'm not saying there is no problem, I'm saying there is, as far as I have seen, no evidence of a problem- just opinions.

I've been playing TR recently and I'm having a blast. Where's the beef?

Variety is one thing and every faction would appreciate more variety in different areas. Performance is empirical and nothing less or more.
    • Up x 1
  17. Paperlamp

On the subject of the T5 AMC: I've auraxiumed the T5 AMC and I still hate it - it's just our only carbine with acceptable accuracy on TR. Would trade it for a Merc in a heartbeat.

Merc has less velocity, granted. But...significantly lower TTK making it more well rounded whereas T5 AMC is pretty helpless at close range - plus Merc has lower starting horizontal recoil and can afford and succeed with a laser much better than the T5 AMC which relies more on the advanced grip. Then it has lower horizontal recoil and no bias making it easy to just drag down for headshots, and of course the smaller starting CoF makes it better for bursting when you need to do so.

The TTK difference matters a lot because you give targets more time to react. High alpha damage with a burst of Merc headshots > the sustained accuracy and slower damage of the T5 AMC in most situations. This is also why the 200/500 tier is also great, albeit it makes more compromises than the 167/600 tier.

70 velocity really just does not matter enough on the T5 AMC to warrant all the ways it's inferior to the 167/600 tier guns on NC, it's far less versatile and even then it's questionable whether it's even better at its long range niche(and I think the Razor is almost certainly better regardless). And I think that's true for every 143/652 gun(and probably 698 in many cases as well) except maybe the NS weapons due to the .75 ADS. Regardless, we need more weapons between that niche long range and CQC, the sub-750 RoF 143 guns are not even close to covering that "all-rounder" role adequately.

I really do not care about player usage, KD, KPM, SPM, etc. statistics or the odd player who swears by the T5 AMC, the raw weapon statistics are what matter to me because I'm not the average player and I look into the details of a weapon rather than just assuming it's good 'cause it seems to kill people fine when I use it. People aren't the best judge of their own performance with different weapons, and many aren't even using weapons properly.
  18. whitupiggu

How many months did it take of NC spamming forumside before SOE finally did something?
  19. MurderBunneh

A year. And there were real issues not some 5% performance difference.

And I and many others were treated way worse then any of them are getting treated.
    • Up x 2
  20. y3ivan

TR carbines are pretty decent after the rebalance. Pre-nerf jaguar is just way too versatile that outshine Lynx and TRAC 5 (talking about one carbine to rule them all). T5AMC is a unique weapon and its completely different discussion.

So is TR carbine balanced? Yes, but it lacks of variety. NO - 167dmg/650RPM and 124 dmg/896RPM either, keep the +10 mag size.

an for those guys whining about GD7F and serpent. Just use Armistice.