Crossbows taking down tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, Mar 7, 2014.

1. IamDH

Heres what you need OP
    [IMG]
  2. Ghosty11

Well I guess 20 infiltrators could sneak up behind your tank and pretty much insta-gibb it.:eek: Nerf nao!
  3. ScrapyardBob

4. WorldOfForms

I am not new here. Been around since the tech test. One person whining about a ridiculous situation does not equate squeaky wheels.

Still, what are you referring to? What was changed that didn't need to be changed, but was done so merely because people were whining about it?
  5. Luighseach

Still wouldn't change my argument. If it was 12 Heavies the results would have been similar. Either way even with cloak and the ability to get close to a tank it is not OP.

Since they would all have to sneak up, and if you're using medium+ graphics it is not that hard to see the infiltrators even at upwards of 30m, and decloak and all shoot at the same time.

Even then would 12 explosive bolts kill one tank? Since the OP managed to live long enough to fire back It would seem that he had time to at least get out of there.

Also if he did not have time to get out then he was in a bad position, not paying attention(since cloak is pretty visible while moving), or just really unlucky to go near 12 stalker cloaked infiltrators which is just a good ambush on their part.
  6. Ronin Oni

12 v 1....

They could have done the same thing with only 4 HA's.

Actually, 2 HA's... 4HA's could have killed the tank in 1 volley instagib

That's 6 times as many players to accomplish the same task as a dedicated AV class. That is not particularly a good ratio.
  7. BobSanders123

Had some fun with a group of 24 infiltrators armed with explosive crossbow bolts and stalker cloak. Killed fourteen vanguards in two hours. We merely sat next to each other and waited for a tank to pass by then unleashed hell.
  8. Tuco

It's 4 on my skill rotation: 1-2-3-1-4-1-4-1-4
  9. Armchair

Did you get a video? We all want to see a video of this.