vanguard shield need to get balanced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, Mar 10, 2014.

1. PlatoonLeaderG

Story:I was driving a full health prowler,default gun with just basic certs for it(zoom+ammo).My friend was a gunner with halbert with basic certs too(zoom+ammon) both of my guns dont have the reload certs!
    We found a vanguard far away from everyone else so me and my friend agreed to get the jump on him 2/2 vs 1/2.I tried to sneak in and he still didnt see me and i managed to get in his back,i lockdown(lvl2 certed) and we both got the first 3 shots landed on his BACK.What he did he fired back and we begin the shot exchange,he put his shield on and we were still shooting.In the end we die first and the vanguard was shown in my death screen with just 1-2 health it was empty so guess.I didnt get any points so i guess he managed to repair it..........

Is this fair?Only to NC........i m never going to fight vanguards again and when a vanguard come close to us next time,we are going to get off the prowler and start running because at least this way we can live.
  2. Dieter Perras

your mistake was using lock-down for anything but artillery work.

as well trying to brute kill a vanguard is always a bad idea. at least trying to keep moving and use cover, just sitting there exchanging fire you will lose to a vanguard.
    • Up x 3
  3. Hosp

I believe :eek: is appropriate.

Something seems fishy about this story. A lightning can potentially take down a Vanguard from behind if it got the jump on it. Combined with the fact that a prowler can pretty easily outrun a vanguard tells me you did something wrong, or some glitch happened (no register?), you didn't notice it, and allowed yourself to get killed.
    • Up x 5
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

Dont know if we get the glich(it happens a lot lately too) but i m sure i was getting the X mark when i was hitting it,my friend isnt here to ask him now but i will tommorow .Next time i m gonna record it,to have a proof for what i say
  5. Meeka

You don't lock down when you engage Vanguards, you signed your own death certificate on that one.
  6. PlatoonLeaderG

I m already thinking of getting rid of it and get fire suppresion,i just cant stand to not brawl(isnt that what tank fight should be?)
  7. dragondrop

Vanguards shouldn't have a "Get out of jail free" card that allows them to win with terrible positioning.
    • Up x 1
  8. PlatoonLeaderG

but still 2/2 shouldnt be stronger than 1/2? (if we cant beat 1/2 vanguard how we can beat 2/2?)
  9. nubery

I'm sorry but you shouldn't lose for letting the vanny flank you? Sure...
  10. PlatoonLeaderG

I just called my friend o ask him,about the glich and he told me he wasnt shooting when the vanguard shield was on(he thought he was invisible so he didnt want to waste his ammo /facepalm) but still i was shooting o_O.

edit:Anyway we are not gonna face vanguards anymore,we will focus on magriders that are equal with us
  11. Hosp

So you screwed up, called Vanguards OP, and now won't fight Vanguards? Does that mean when the same happens to Magriders you're gonna come back here and call them OP? How about Lightnings that sneak up on your locked down Prowler? Of course Nerf LAC4. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  12. PlatoonLeaderG

Still man i was shooting with a lvl2 lockdown, and he really get to dps when the shield was off and we even got behind him.Its dumb and it need some balance,i dont want a total SOE nerf.Lower the dmg,make it a resist dmg or something.If you dont agree then i cant do anything about it,everyone have different opinions and experiences.I fought a lot of magriders before and almost all the time the magriders i fought were 2/2,its who misses and who gets the first shot that count.
  13. Purg

What was your main weapon? I'm guessing HE.

3 rear AP shots will put a Vanguard on fire - combined with your gunner, that Vanguard would have been dead if you were and we'd not be here.

I would almost guarantee that the Vanguard wasn't running HE.
  14. Kaktwox

There is nothing wrong with the Vanguard I-win shield. It is perfectly balanced. This is obviously a L2P issue.

At least that's what you will hear from the NC, who think a tank being completely invulnerable while the other faction's MBT abilities are either a detriment or negligible in a tank vs. tank battle.
    • Up x 2
  15. Odin

worst performing tank overall since the game opened needs a nerf....suuure.
    Unless they massively buff the overall quality of the vanguard in anti infantry and mobility don't expect the shield to get nerfed any time soon.
    You do realize the prowler is the best performing tank still right?
    • Up x 5
  16. Latrodectus

I agree with this, and my major gripe with the Vanguard shield is that it shouldn't negate damage from the rear. If a hit is going to register against front armor or side armor, then let it be absorbed, but no tank ability in this game should let you come back and win against an enemy that manages to unload on your backside through either superior positioning or your own carelessness.
  17. Ultramarine

Yeah, that was your bad. You can't lockdown on a vanguard that still has its shield up. If you use your far superior mobility to hide for 5 seconds, the vanguard will fall to you for sure.
    You also didn't note how the combat went. Assuming the Vanguard was worth garbage, he was probably moving, which means he dodged some of your shots. For all we know, you had HE rounds, and he had AV, and we know for a fact that you were not moving or dodging his shots. Sounds like you were outplayed, not outbalanced.
    • Up x 1
  18. RHINO_Mk.II

Your anecdote is either false or blatant exaggeration. If you get 3 clips of prowler HEAT and 3 halberds into the back of any tank, it will die. You claim he only activated his shield after you began to exchange fire - by which time he would be long dead.
    • Up x 4
  19. AltF4Fun

The problem is not the shield,its lockdown....waste of certs.
  20. Degenatron

[IMG]

3 volleys into the back of a vanguard, plus your gunners Halberd? IF that's not dead, then it's on fire. That means you are saying you didn't land another shot before he killed you. That means that he landed 5 AP rounds on you in under 8 seconds (which is completely impossible BTW), or that you and your gunner were completely incompetent in landing the last shot on the vanguard.

I've got bad news for you pal: The devs aren't stupid. They know WAY better than you what it takes to kill a vanguard and what it takes to kill a prowler. This is a wasted thread.

Here is what you are ACTUALLY saying:

"I want to drive my Prowler exactly the same as how the NC drive their Vanguards. I don't want to play to my strengths or their weaknesses. I WANT EVERY TANK TO BE IDENTICAL IN USE AND STATS; MERELY RESKINNED VERSIONS OF THE SAME TANK."

Next time just say what you want instead of making up a BS story.
    • Up x 6