1 Tip to spot hackers.(if you can notice it)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 4, 2014.

1. VakarisJ

You do know that Gauss Saw kills in 1 body shot and two headshots, right? It has slightly more recoil then the Flare, but fires slightly slower then the Flare, meaning that it's about as easy to control. If you believe dasanfall, my headshot accuracy with the Flare is 26%, I rarely use it to specifically aim at the head and like to use it at extreme ranges -- out of it's effective range. If someone were to be using a weapon that does so much damage to the head in close-mid ranges, then it's fairly plausible that he'd have a headshot accuracy of ~60%.

Also, just a note: "top players" doesn't necessarily mean the most accurate players. It can just mean people with great positioning or cautious playing, biolab farmers, vehicles users, among other things not related to accuracy.

Not saying that you definitely didn't encounter a hacker, but it's not a certainty.
  2. NinjaTurtle

I have seen a few suspicious players but nothing that definitely points to hacking

If fact the only 100% hack I have seen first hand in game was an NC firing an AV turret through walls at a bio lab. He had 150 odd kills in a period of about 20 minutes and was even admitting over /yell that he was hacking :rolleyes:

I would have TK'd through the head if I knew where he was but he wasn't in the NC teleport rooms
  3. AssaultPig

If you see someone who you think is hacking and really care to do more than just report them and move on, just go check their stats. In 99% of 'hacking' situations you will discover that they're just some dude who probably happened to get lucky, or knows some trick that you don't know.

I got accused of hacking the other day for killing people through the exterior walls of a biolab. Guess what, guy, there's a hole you can shoot through! He proceeded to run in front of my gun two or three more times because I guess he thought it would prove something.

In the 1% of situations where you discover a guy whose stats are good enough to possibly support your hackusation, they're probably either 1) high BR and just really good, or 2) a low BR hacker who'll be banned shortly.
  4. AssaultPig

just for the record

no it isn't
  5. Get2dachoppa

Yes, but for what its worth I'm sure the person in question was racking up these headshots prior to the nanoweave armor change.

Fair point about top players not necessarily being the most accurate. I tried checking another player who made that video about aiming for the head as the nanoweave change was about to be implemented. Featured some great headshot aim using the Orion. His headshot ratio with that gun is 44%. The guy I'm talking about is 20% higher. That's a huge difference. Besides the Gauss Saw, he also has a 57% headshot ratio with the Mercenary. Still incredibly high.

To clarify a bit, it wasn't just his uncanny ability to land headshots that made me suspect hacks. But I don't have any video recording so its all I can fall back on for evidence to say "hey, look at that! those numbers are really suspicious".
  6. iller

3% inf accuracy ..... god did he ever spend a lot of time Stat dumping. Someone should tell him at a certain point it just starts looking suspicious again when you go too far to the other side of the bell curve.

My favorite part with those guys, is when I switch to HA and shoot a G2A at them, AND A FLARE COMES OUT.
    :eek:

lol, /reoprted
  7. LibertyRevolution

That is called exploiting, and he was more than likely getting you on tape so he could file a support ticket and report you.
    You found a bug, and you were exploiting it, then you come on the forums and admit to it?
    Dude.. enjoy your vacation.
  8. AssaultPig

nah, there's holes you can see and shoot through. They're pretty small so they're not good for much other than farming some kills, but sometimes when the defenders all have their guns pointed at the landing pad you can give them something to think about.

next time you're attacking a lab walk around the ring to the right of the landing pad and look for'em
    • Up x 1
  9. MurderBunneh

I shoot corners for fun sometimes just to make sure. Now the dudes that are so sure they walk up and knife you I can't vouch for.