Planetside 2 win7 64 bit problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TommyXXX, Mar 8, 2014.

1. TommyXXX

Hi,

This is my third thread on the two problems I ve had on my computer playing planetside 2.

1. When I press PLAY in the Launch Pad, the game will not launch. Nothing is showing up. And the Launch Pad stays on with the Game Is Starting message.
    Solution: Make the launchPad run in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode.

2. After applying problem 1 solution, I get crash in game every 40-80 minutes. The game simply stops for 5 seconds and then disappears, no message shows up.

Sys Spec:
    Win7 64 bit
    Intel Core i7 3770k
    GTX670 4gb
    8gb RAM

For this build I will definitely run ps2 well, so I assume Problem 1's solution made the game crash, because it may disable some memory functions in order to run in compatibility mode.

I m here, asking, are there any other players with 64bit experienced any of the two problems?
    If anyone solved them all, Please tell us your solution.

Many Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. ToastyMan

I have nearly the same build as you, but with a 3570k and 2 gigs on my 670 instead of 4. I don't get the first problem but you've solved it. The second problem, on the other hand, usually happens. Sometimes with a blackscreen other times without. Not sure why, but I'm not too mad about it because it usually happens as I switch continents and stuff, but I guess you'd assume a few crashes like this from such an intensive game.
  3. TommyXXX

Thanks for the reply,
    Seems like the crash is way too common. yea I crash when the screens "pauses" and the audio mute it self for a few second.
    It does happen when I deploy, but the problem is I m half an ESF pilot and sometimes squad/platoon leader. This crash usually happens when I m flying, and it is really disrupting for commanding squad and platoon.
  4. TommyXXX

5. user101

router problems... tired of writing about it... ! Desync / Lag / crash 99% of the time Video driver cause the crash... Lag is router
  6. TheAppl3

Pretty weird. I have Win7 Home Premium 64-bit with specs in sig and have never had this issue.

Does compatibility for Vista SP2 work?
  7. TommyXXX

No it does not work. I think its kinda strange too, someof my friend never had this issue even with an older build. Also your RAM is 2x bigger than mine.
  8. TommyXXX

??? This problem is not about router...
  9. user101

PS2 speeded up the packets to the routers... to reduce lag so now you get DoS in the routers. Speeding up the game requires that the packets come faster to your router.....! I had the same thing. If your talking about the jerking in the game yes everyone gets that. Its a game problem. Crashing is almost always a video driver. They have known issues with cloaking and crashing.

If you are playing on ultra it is only for the 64 bit PS2 that has not come out yet....! Ultra crashes your PS2.

If you desync from the game that's your router.... miss shots that's your router, warping that's your router. Unless your an EU person, and no one knows why they have a problem.
  10. TommyXXX

!! is the 64 bit ps2 gonna come out soon? I AM playing on ultra!
  11. Lakora

It's comming out "soon TM" basically between now n never if that helps answer it.
  12. TommyXXX

did they announce anything?
  13. Lakora

14. TommyXXX

Well it's good to hear they announced it, and it's not too far long ago. So it's the texture problem. I see. I assume it's gonna come out before June?
  15. fumz

This has been a problem since the game was released. Who crashes is really weird and random. Two identical systems could, and often do, produce radically different results. For example, I have a 2500k and never crash ingame. I can actually count on one hand the number of times I've crashed out of the game. Here's the kicker, I have never once exited out of the game and had it not crash.

At the same time, I've read dozens of threads from 2500k guys who crash all the time. If you were to ask guys who crash a lot you would find that every 40 to 80 minutes is, to them, only something they can dream about. I've read too many posts about guys quitting because they kept crashing every 10-15 minutes.

There's really no rhyme or reason to it. Sorry I could not be of more help.
  16. user101

Tommy ULTRA when it comes out ??? And that is a big question...? Is for 4K monitors ONLY.....! Standard 1080 monitors can not run Ultra in PS2. So say the Dev's..! I assume they will have SLI working by then and maybe PhysX... !
  17. TommyXXX

Well I meant ultra graphic quality. There wont be any possibilities that shaders are limited to 4k. I ll even play in 1366*768 if I need to.
  18. Walrus308

Date: 4/17/14: The new 'relaunch' of the 64 bit client (or perhaps something involving the april 17 patch in general)
    Issue: Frustratingly frequent crashes
    Symptoms: Client freezes for several seconds (let's call it 5 seconds) then crash to desktop

Issue was previously found to be related to Nvidia drivers. Previously frequent black screens for several seconds (most often when accessing the map).
    Previous issue RESOLVED by rolling back Nvidia drivers to 332.21. Doing so resolved the black screen issues, however the client would still crash (no trigger discovered) maybe once or twice over extended playtimes.

Now, however, I cannot even stay up and running long enough to capture a base.

Failed attempts:
    Started with the obvious, which had no effect: Restart PC / Verify files / Re-updated drivers to most recent (properly.. full remove +DDU tool / safe mode reinstall)
    Issue remains.

basic specs: (however I doubt this has much bearing, as many other outfit/friends/others are experiencing similar issues with varying frequency - general consensus is that the crashes are now much much more often)
    Windows 7 64 bit; i5-4570; Nvidia 760; 8gb ddr3;