Scheduled Maintenance March 5th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Meeka

It depends on your game play style.

As an Infiltrator, I stopped running with Nanoweave long ago. Full Nanoweave maybe stops an extra bullet or two, for me, as an Infiltrator, it's not worth it. I tend to fight in the middle and behind enemy lines without Engineer/Ammo support, so that means dropping Nanoweave and taking extra ammunition magazines is far more important. Having a few hundred rounds for my SMG and nearly a hundred rounds for my Commissioner will be a lot better in the long run... I rarely run out of ammo now. So, while I don't use it myself, I could see the Nano-Armor cloaking without Nanoweave still being very useful to highly aggressive Infiltrators.
  2. Demon013

This doesn't seem like a bug to me o_O Alt + TAB takes me to the desktop. I use it all the time when I want to check something on Google and I'm currently in a fullscreen game. The game stays running and when I click on it, opens back up to where I was. Maybe it's you and the PC you have, going to desktop crashes the game instead of minimizing the window? otherwise. Don't Press Alt + Tab. Fixed!

BTW, currently on the newest Nvidia drivers. No Problem.
  3. skifton

334.89 are the newest ones that have been confirmed to give many people problems. So I guess you're one of the lucky ones then.

Alt-Tab works for me too (most of the time) but every now and then when I alt-tab back to game it'll freak out and either black-screen (then come back with a message saying my drivers crashed) or it will crash the game. That said, I rolled back my drivers and it seems to be fine now, so clearly a driver issue.

Also it's more often when you open the in-game map that it happens. I suggest not being a ***** about real problems people are having. It has nothing to do with "me and the PC I have"...that's just asinine to suggest. Between the recent game update and the recent nVidia driver update, it was clearly one of those two things.

That said, RadarX answered my question above (SOE post tracker to find it i assume), and stated that it's happening in multiple games with the new nVidia drivers.
  4. ZeroErrorz

i actualy take the ammo belt on every loadout i have,yet the default cloak is really is the best option, since really any 1v1 will have 50% chance of killing you,so i actualy preffer ambushing people by going behind them and pretend running as one of them then start shooting, but still i didnt like the nerf to stacks since it really make the costumisation option duller for "tanky" infil.
  5. lords8n

ALT+TAB Crashing...

I used to crash almost any and every time I would alt_tab out of PS2.
    Then I noticed there were some occasions when I wouldn't crash.

For me, your mileage may vary, bringing up a menu screen in the game before I alt+tab has allowed me to do so without a single crash in months.

Maybe it's just a coinkydink, and SOE fixed something? I don't know.

But I have had zero crashes on alt+tab after always going to an in-game menu before doing so.

Give it a try!

I have a nVidia 560 GTX POS, and am running the latest drivers.
    Also AMD Phenom II 940 proc and 4gigs RAM.
    Yes, my system is crap!
  6. ScrapyardBob

It's hit or miss. Sometimes it works properly and the squad / cap-point elements move nicely outwards to make room for the bigger mini-map. Other days, it just doesn't work and I have yet to find a rhyme or reason to why it sometimes works and why it sometimes does not work.

(When it works - it's wonderful.)
  7. BillBoBaggins

Since the patch i have any many others getting really high ping resulting in lag.WTF id up with this?
  8. OrrwrenX

Losing Luperza as a community manager was a somber event, yet I also had no doubt in my mind that Mr RadarX would work out fantastically well.

Truth be told, I was already quite fond of Mr. Radar because of the "X" following after his name. Yes... I am biased.
  9. Longshotrider

Yeah, I haven't gotten anything at all, maybe the vehicle decal is only for the overall winners? In that case then I still haven't gotten anything for my NC on Mattherson either. Is there something I need to do to get them or something that I had to do? I got the 2,000 WDS points for each of my main faction characters, and if its simply bugged for me, can this be fixed and can I get the rewards I earned?

SOE, what can I do to get the WDS reward I worked for, or will there be a Hotfix for this on Friday? Have a nice Thursday evening!
  10. Thardus

This patch totally fixed my launcher problem. High five for SOE.
  11. Yutty

So about that Camo Issue? I've been missing my single use camo's since they initial patch that caused issues and after updating today all my camo's are back except for my One Single Use African Forest Camo for my light assault class. I read that people that received their grant. Was i suppose to make a support ticket to be eligible for this or are you guys still working on getting camos back?
  12. Vendrette

I got my camos back, but no mea culpa granted camo.

Thanks for getting me back my Alpha Squad camo, at least.
  13. GiretsuSensei

For those who crash on Alt + TAB try using windowed fullscreen mode. I recommend always using windowed mode unless for some reason you must use normal fullscreen.
  14. N4v1N

You gave us an infil "update" with a ton of bugs & duplicate items that you call "new". When we find a niche for this class, in a group, you nerf it. I give up...
  15. N4v1N

very wrong...
  16. EmmettLBrown

It hasn't been mentioned since they messed up the scoring at the end of the first week. I was surprised they actually gave out patches at the end of it.
  17. SprintingGhost

I wish they'd fix the bug which fudge's up the head of an infiltrator when crouch cloaked....
  18. zerg

The ping on EU servers is getting crazy I have spikes up to 800+ or 1000+ and my min/usuallyl ping doubled my fan is getting crazy let's not even start with ingame bugs wtf. I spent more than 700 eur on the game because I love it and dont have much time for games and I am not regretting it, but I have to tell you guys that as a company you should be ashamed after one year to not fined out how to release stable updates ! RadarX where was your response to inform us that you saw that people are posting the problem with the crazy ping and maybe to inform us about the steps SOE will do to fix that. There was no post on twitter about that you are looking in to that, nothing. I just lost more than five people in my Platoon after five min. after I started the Platoon because of there ping and more after one hour.
  19. Brogan9001

May I ask what a "vert" is?
  20. TheBlazing

Short for vertex. A vertex is a point in a 3D model where edges meet, much like the vertex of a tridimensional object in traditional geometry. In 3D models, vertices can sometimes be coplanar if the model is poorly done, which means that there are several vertices on the same plane fulfilling no real purpose other than sitting there being useless. The devs have probably removed such verts so that scopes have a bit less impact on framerates.