Comes out Sticky Grenades are OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Gustavo M

[IMG]
    I mean, look at that! Expect Higby and his mighty hammer of nerfiness to hit it soon enough. Ab(use) it while you can!
    Don't tell anyone. You like to keep secrets, r-right?
  2. MasonSTL

So a guy gets 10 kills with grenades and that makes it OP?
  3. sindz

That headline.
    • Up x 3
  4. doombro

What are you using that allows you to get your tabs compressed like that on firefox? I hate having to scroll through them.
  5. Tentakewls

Heh...comes out sticky...
    • Up x 1
  6. z1967

I think it is mostly that they do not bounce at all. Otherwise they would physics their way into a friendly like mine do.
  7. starlinvf

Just sticky a MAX or corner camper, and let his cowardly escape do the rest.
  8. Paperlamp

I love/hate when people step in front when I'm throwing one, then run back into a group of friendlies in a panic to blow them all up.

They are really devastating against enemies holed up in chokepoints though. I have way more sticky grenade kills than regular grenades - wish I could equip them on other classes especially LA.
  9. Bubbelda

I do better with Sticky Grenades, but other grenades have their uses. I love bouncing a regular grenade off a door frame and deep into a camped room to get those pesky medics and engineers hanging out in the back.
  10. sustainedfire

Sticky grenades are wacky. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Sometimes they bounce, sometimes they stick. Sometimes they bounce once, then stick.

They are good, as lamp already suggested, mostly only in a specific situation.
  11. Maelthra

One time I tossed a sticky grenade onto the back of a MAX. I'm not sure he knew there was a grenade stuck on him or not, but he did turn around and Charge right at me. My grenade ended up killing the MAX but also myself. So much for a cowardly escape :eek:
    • Up x 1
  12. Littleman

Plot twist: those kills are ALL friendly fire. Probably at a busy sunderer. I mean... considering the recent combat action feed to the right...

Because none of us have ever accidentally tossed a grenade into friendlies. I stopped buying them for that reason. I can throw grenades all day and maybe an enemy soldier will feel the waft of warm air blow over him on a cool Esamir morning. Meanwhile, it's like a freaking fire-alarm rigged pipebomb for the oblivious masses that are my teammates.
  13. Leftconsin

Did you get the last damage to blow up a nearly full Sunderer with a sticky grenade?
  14. FatherVanu

Ok its a sticky grenade how is this OP!? if you miss you hit a wall and it just sticks there and kills nobody if you hit a person they run to friendlies to try and get away yet he kills them anyways. I don't see the big deal there's more risk that reward with sticky grenades.
  15. Mastermind

Yeah it's the funniest sh*t ever when you sticky grenade someone an they try to run for cover by all of their allies and you get like 10 kills haha
  16. P4NJ

lol so some genious ran in front of you when you threw it, noticed the grenade indicator and then ran back into your friends? Too funny =D
  17. Vixxing

Thats an amazing FF killcount for one nade! Respect to you sir, i think my record is like 2?
    • Up x 1
  18. FateJH

Throw grenade at enemy location. Enemies clear away from where grenade lands. Allies immediately move up to where enemies have cleared away. Friendly markers everywhere.

I'm starting to wonder if I'd have more success killing enemies by throwing my grenades at allies.
  19. Gustavo M

Actually, this happened when I spawned into the spawn room, noticed a bunch of friendlies shooting outside, found a enemy squad standing right next to the spawn room... and a giant INF áss appeared right in front of me when I pressed G.
  20. Gustavo M

Instead of making another thread regarding this, might as well give this a bump with the following:

"Flak 5 full health players can die by a single sticky grenade." Get to the VR room and try it out yourself:Get ready to be amused.