[NC] WASP Inc [Miller-EU]

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Core, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Bvenged

It's aesthetically pleasing when watching back the footage I record. It helps mask the 30-40 fps I drop down to, which becomes obvious in videos more-so than the gameplay :p

You learn to deal with it. I do prefer it off, but I get a framerate boost when turning too, so that helps.

P.S.
    I got some more motion blur. Not so much blur, much wow, but this time you're in it!

[IMG]
  2. iPlague

Hah I recognize Starman/Seadee and Trickery from that APB picture. Maybe it's time for you lads to commision a PS2 variant instead of sticking to that old thing.
    Sincerely TheDreamer - Former Sting
  3. Bvenged

Hey hey!

Nice to see an old STING member. When did you leave WASP APB?

PS2 has got STING of its own now. We've warmed it up slowly to make sure we know what we're good at and what we need to work on. Our first lineup of scrims are this month against CONZ & FU, with BRTD on the horizon, and our taste is in the Planetside-like 24v24 & 48v48.

In regards to the artwork, it wasn't cheap... worth several hundred IIRC? They still use it a lot over on the APB side of WASP, so it kind sticks around as heritage for the whole community. Plus, it would get costly to commission artwork for each division in the future.

You running on Miller TR by any chance? If so, with what outfit?
  4. iPlague

It's been quite a while, I think it was in the Summer of 2012? I can''t be sure.
    Keep up the work or I'll tell Chabs!

Doesn't surprise me, of course back in APB being sting meant having access to fancier designed clothes by guys like Seadee'n Starman ;)

Yeah commissioning those lil art pieces were never cheap, though back in the day there was some artist with WASP who were pretty keen on those things as well.

I guess that was obvious eh? Yeah I'm sadly running with INI, discovered that WASP had an PS2 division far too late.
  5. Bvenged

It's cool. They're good competition when they decide to turn up to our fights ;P

A lot of those older members are gone now. Seadee's still around though, a CM in fact and APB Patriot Battalion Commander.

In fact, APB STING got shut down as it became an elitist club that didn't really do much other than neglect the rest of WASP. PS2 started up STING though and so far it's going really well.

80% of WASP is from 2013 as people come and go, but we hold the same values of teamwork and communication as we always strive to be/maintain top tier gameplay.

It's all good right now in WASP. I'll keep an eye out for you when we next bump into INI.
  6. iPlague

It saddens me to hear about old members leave, but it's inevitable when playing games like these, I myself had to leave on personal reasons at first, but in the end just couldn't get back into it afterwards.

Sting elite club.... brrr the idea itself sounds totally blasphemous of what it was like when I myself was in WASP, sure we had "STING" ops, but generally we'd run with just about anybody from WASP, cause everyone from WASP was above average... at least on paper unlike lord of the OSMAW Chabs :rolleyes:

Glad to know that things have settled down a tad. It's ExpBoosted in game, may the reavers forever hit trees in your favor.
  7. Bvenged

Aye, STING was always meant to just do matches together, then play with the rest of WASP the rest of the time, considering all players were Gold anyway.

But that deteriorated as it became an exclusive club of the elite, so the CM's warned them. They didn't listen, so CM's shut it down across all APB battalions.

PS2 STING is doing it right though. Competitive training together to form a synergistic team, twice a week, then play ops and train with the rest of PS2 each week so they're still HIVE at the end of the day.

APB is still getting "hackusations" through daily though, so not much has changed there I suppose :p

Catch you around dude, I hope we give you some really hard fights when we clash. :)
  8. Arphelior

That looks awesome! :cool:

In other news: one of our NEST games, DotA 2, is still growing! Soon WASP might even have a third battalion!
    (with APB and PS2 being the other two)
  9. Sovereign533

The WASP APB wallpaper was made by a former APB senior concept artist named "Omochabox". She quit and someone from WASP managed to get her to do 1 last APB related art project.
    We would do a PS2 wallpaper as well, but the problem in PS2 is that there is very little character customization. Especially compared to APB. In APB we have a very specific clothing style and very specific vehicle style. And that's good to work with for artists. In PS2 we can't have that because of the very limited character customization.
    The end result would be a generic PS2 wallpaper with a WASP logo on it (and people with brightly coloured yellow camo's).
    :( If only Planetside 2 would have the same customization options that APB has (problem is SOE wouldn't make any more money >_< ).
  10. iPlague

Well if you take a look at what BAX commissioned
    http://i.imgur.com/YzPQKIg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/pjoMupa.jpg
    Sure, soldiers tend to look the same by faction, but that doesn't mean you can't make it stand out. Military outfits and alike tend to... well look alike due to the gear provided for them are the same with few exceptions, and since PS2 has... hats and armor just have 1-3 with different combinations of this in it, heck even the max would be using a fancy helmet, if you could get camo applied as well is a different matter, but I suppose you guys run around with the hornet decal? That'll fancy things too maybe.

And trust me, APB custimization was glorious good, I spent a lot of time customizing my own Sting outfit after Seadee gave me the templates.
  11. Bvenged

We're investigating the possibility of splashing some cash for some more commissioned artwork.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lakora

Is it gonna be black n yellow with our helmet?! :D It better be if not this WASP won't be happy. Camo+Helmet = Happy Wasp <3 >:D
  13. Dotz0r

Dont bother, i got you covered!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. Bvenged

15. Sovereign533

yes, Yes, YEs, YES, YES
    And thank you Dotz0r. I saved it to my browser favourites and made it my wallpaper. It really grasps the essence of the WASP gameplay and our style through the game. I must admit it´s really hard to see that it´s not a screenshot. Because if you look closely at the bvenged character that you made, you see he isn´t dying from a grenade when holding a map. Other then that it´s really well done.
    Thank you so much, +5 interwebs from me.
  16. Dotz0r

Feel free to stick it on your fridges.
  17. Arphelior

So.. is it copyrighted or anything like that?
    *psst.. I think we can make some cash out of this if it's not
  18. Arch

You guys took exception to our MoX picnic in the hills in NE Amerish this evening. There we were having a nice little sing-song with Scout master PirateCat, when you come along in your Gals and Libs. MYC not far behind either. Got to love lock down Bursters ;)

Its always good fun crossing sword with you guys, I ended up playing dodge the dalton in a max.
  19. Arphelior

It was indeed a very nice fight, as usual vs MoX!
  20. Bvenged

Aye, when a squad of ours bumps into MoX it's often a nice fight.