Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HmmOkay

Have them at irregular intervals, but mostly while in vehicles (even though I'm mainly infantery).
    For about 10-20 seconds, FPS drops *according to game* to 15 FPS, but it's closer to 0.5~2 FPS in realtime.

Character: Okaydan [Cobalt]
  2. DeeX

Have them on a regular basis.

Charactername: xDeeX
    Server: Ceres
  3. usanow2014

lorddxb
    redcure
    vscure
  4. 3asyD

EasyD
    Miller server
  5. NccWarp9

6. ZenzotuskeN

in-game names:

ZenzotuskeN
    Loufier
    Xavmorn
  7. Kitsunami

Yep, no idea why but i do get them too randomly every now and then!

Ingame name: Kitsunami
  8. JorgeSarcos

Main: JorgeSarcos (VS)
    Alt: HugoChavezFrias (TR)

Happens every 2 to 3 hours.
  9. liamsmithuk

10. Andrea SKye

GreatAnPowerfulTrixie

Still getting it. I sent higby a mail before and he sent me a fix about adding some setting to the usersettings file, it didnt help at all.
  11. Burning Mustache

BurningMustacheTR
  12. Spartan101

I get one every couple of hours gameplay or so. Sometimes more frequently than others.

Character name: SpartanI0I
  13. syabiru

After the frame is stopped, there was no able to recover for me.
    It is that place that has experienced several times in the past, it was confirmed to a friend I was watching, and the was still in the air.

Character Name: syabiru

(I can not English well, I am using [google automatic translation].)
  14. BenYeeHua

Character Name: BenYeeHua

I get it reduced by setting TextureQuality=1 and UseFences=0.
  15. Pyrode

Character "Pyry".

Probably happens a couple times an hour seemingly randomly, but much much more likely when i'm in my scythe. Duration is up to 20 seconds (but 3-6 seems most common).
    Crashes about once every 10 times it happens.
    Also my task manager usually shows a spike in the used ram (from about 85% normally to near 100%) for the duration of the hitch.

Yesterday I got some new ram ( went from 8gb to 12, i needed it anyway) and it appears to prevent it from happening, at least it hasn't happened since i installed the new ram last night (not exactly statistically significant i know, but and entire 2.5 hour session with no hitches is much better than it has been recently).
    Still getting loading crashes about 20 minutes from the end of alerts though :p.

Oh yeah Everything's on high or ultra (which ever is the highest) except for flora which is set to lowest and i don't think i've edited the ini file since i deleted and replaced it last time.
    i5 3570k (no OC), geforce 660ti and integral (1x8gb) and crucial ballistic sport (or whatever it's called added last night) (1x4gb) RAM, Asus p8h77 mo/bo. Do have SSD HD but like most things that aren't OS, PS2 isn't on it, it's on the WD 1TB drive.
    • Up x 1
  16. Echocb

Im not having that problem but would like to ask about the black screen issue im using old 311 drivers could that be causing black screens and computer crashes while playing planetside 2? I can play any other game fine.

Also note my specs:
    nvidia 770M
    750 gig harddrive
    16 gigs of ram
    2.7-3.4 i7
  17. Rolfski

I'm on AMD and still getting the black screen.
  18. ammus

Character name: ammus5
    Description: Happens randomly quite frequently. Caused a lot of death due to screen freezing when enemy is right in front of me.
    Happens regardless of the battle condition, whether no fights or in large fights
  19. P4nda

Character name: P4nda

Happens a few times a day. ~4 hours
  20. Argash

ArgashNC

I don't know if they're related but I get the freeze frame about once an hour and a crash about once every 2 hours.

AMD 7950 with Catalyst 13.1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.