Mana AV turret

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by squarebug, Mar 6, 2014.

1. squarebug

suggestion that the mana AV turret needs a zoom just like the AI turret, and every other stationary turret ever. thanks i'm blind
  2. HadesR

You will not need a zoom when it's range is nerfed :)
    • Up x 10
  3. squarebug

thankfully you're not the one balancing this game every week.
    [IMG]
  4. Leftconsin

Ehehehe. AV turret is not going to get a zoom. People who use it as well or better than I will just be better at obliterating tanks..
    sunderers..
    infantry..
    Libbies..
    Gals..
    and even ESFs with them.
  5. Winfield

You can have the zoom after it's range is nerfed.
    • Up x 8
  6. squarebug

7. HadesR

It was mentioned in the last Command Center by Higby that they know it is a problem and are looking at possible solutions ( no clue why it's taking so long as it's not a hard fix .. Just reduce the missiles life and hence flight time / distance ) ..
    • Up x 2
  8. squarebug

just so you know this "nerf" is bs. mana AV turret is very vulnerable you might as well abandon the thing if a tank is coming your way. plus the first time a missile burns away a few meters from its target because its range has expired will be sad
  9. Robertooooo

Yeah that's a huge problem. It's sad losing a free turret that takes some seconds to redeploy. The sad thing about this is engies even defendning their OP toy with the typical argument: ''Im a sitting duck in that turret so it needs the 800 m range and pinpoint accuracy''.
    • Up x 1
  10. KAHR-Alpha

AV turrets are vulnerable only if you can see them, which is the big issue currently.
    • Up x 4
  11. p10k56

Thats not true range will be nerfed probably to -+350m. Zoom is needed on 150+m.
    It is better then blind spotting also it is far more better than constant DPI fiddling.
  12. SteelMantis

I'm concerned about a further range reduction for the AV Mana turret. Basically I feel infantry needs some good soft counters to armor that don't cost resources and I far prefer the AV turret mechanics to lock ons.

Would it be possible to make the turrets render at the same range as vehicles?
  13. HadesR

Welcome to the World of the Phoenix ... And that still does pretty ok as an AV platform :)
    • Up x 2
  14. Copasetic

Evidently not, because this is what they've been trying to do for almost a year now. Even then it's hardly fair to give infantry a counter to tanks that works at ranges far beyond where infantry stop rendering. Or in other words, why do infantry need to be able to counter tanks at 600m when tanks can't even render infantry at that range?
    • Up x 4
  15. FateJH

They do, or at least they try to make it do that. The Engineer only has to get on and off the turret in between shots to stop himself from rendering to anything outside of normal Infantry render distance. Being shot at by something that can sit near Vehicle render distance and is capable of decent accuracy (probably thnaks to button press DPS adjustments) means retaliation, and often concealment, is a nontrivial complication for the target.

Excuse me while I try to shoot at toothpicks against the sky or a mountainside, if I you even get an icon when I spot your general location.
  16. squarebug

like i said thankfully forumside doesn't balance this game cus that'll cripple the turret.
  17. Robertooooo

Don't get your hopes up. It's only a matter of time before they overnerf it.
  18. TheBloodEagle

If they do nerf its range, I hope it just loses control after a certain distance rather than just disappearing or exploding. I think that would be some cheap & incredibly lame way to go about it. Might as well childproof everything else too.
    • Up x 1
  19. AltF4Fun

Im all for a nerf for the thing,but SOE will just break it completely.I really hope they take their time and anjust it and not gomba stomp it into the ground like they did with the harasser for example.
  20. Armchair

The only problem with it is rendering issue. IMO they should just go all-out and give it maximum render priority. Give the things a render distance greater than vehicles, and make them the last thing culled when fights start getting hectic.

Then people might actually realize that turret isn't anywhere near as strong as people believe once you remove its stupid invisibility shield.