Favourite weapon for every class.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Mar 6, 2014.

1. VakarisJ

Currently:
    Infiltrator: Sirius
    Light Assault: Sirius
    Combat Medic: H-V45
    Engineer: Sirius
    Heavy Assault: Flare
    Max: Blueshift (only have one though, secondary = default Quasar)

I like the Sirius because of it's amazing CoF, high firerate and large mag size.
    H-V45 has been the very first weapon I ever bought out of Beta. I chose it back then for it's high RoF and damage ratings, as I felt that the default Pulsar wasn't doing well enough in that regard.
    Flare my most recent favorite. I picked it up because I got fed up with Orion's 50-bullet mag size. With Flare's 150 and stats that are comparable to the Orion's -- I see no reason of going back.
    The Blueshift is self explanatory -- best accuracy and killing power among VS MAX weapons, ever since the Comet nerf.

My other favorite weapons include VX6-7 for it's accuracy in both hipfire and ADS, in addition to the fast firerate. Phobos, the tight-spread pump action, as it makes for some interesting gameplay -- trying to outmaneuver enemies as a heavy instead of simply outshoot them for once.

Among weapons I'd like to try -- Eidolon (if the damn thing was available on other classes then the engineer and the heavy...), because I favor semi-autos in most games. Crossbow (in a live environment) because it seems to actually be a long-range sidearm, which is what I wanted from the Commissioner. Lasher -- just for the hell of it.
  2. Epic High Five

Man after my own heart

200 damage weaponry or bust, no more peashooters for me
  3. MikeJackson

TR:

HA - rhino / ns15m
    medic - tar / cycler trv
    LA/engi - jaguar / lynx
    infil - armistice

VS:
    HA - sva-88 / ns15m
    medic - h-v45
  4. Attic Lion

Shotgun: Jackhammer
    LMG: Jackhammer
    Assault Rifle: Jackhammer DMR
    Carbine: Jackhammer-C
    SMG: Jackhammer PDW
    Scout Rifle: AF-54 Jackhammer
    Battle Rifle: AMR-666
    • Up x 1
  5. DFDelta

Class: VS, NC, TR

Infi: Nyx, Rebel :eek:, Repeater :eek: :eek:
    LA: VX6-7, GD-7F, T5 AMC
    Medic: Corvus, GR-22, TAR
    Engi: Pulsar C, Warden, T5 AMC
    Heavy: Flare, Jackhammer/GD-22S, Mini-Chaingun/T9-Carv
    MAX: Comet, Raven, Fracture
  6. Paperlamp

TR
    HA: TMG-50, though mostly for the sound and I think it needs a buff
    LA/Engi: N/A hate them all
    Medic: SABR-13
    Infil: MKV I guess
    MAX: Pounders obviously.

NC
    HA: God SAW
    LA/Engi: Tough choice between Merc and AC-X11
    Medic: Have been sticking by the basic Gauss Rifle
    Infil: Cyclone
    MAX: Falcons, since I don't have dual Mattocks yet

VS
    HA: Orion
    LA/Engi: They're all too ugly, can't stand looking at VS carbines in first person
    Medic: N/A as bad as TR's carbine selection
    Infil: Eridani
    MAX: Blue Shifts only way to go
  7. Razeroth

So uhm... I heard you like the jackhammer... true/false?
  8. WyrdHarper

Engineer: AMR-66

Not my gun with the most kills, but it's a really fun weapon, and it's a good support/cover gun. Plus with the suppressor on it sounds like I'm a stormtrooper, so it works well with the good ol' dreadnought helmet.
  9. Erendil

TR
    Infil: HSR-1, because she's almost a Battle Rifle
    LA: Jaguar, 40 round clip and .75x ADS let's me forget she's not a Battle Rifle
    Medic: N/A, never played
    Eng: AMR-66, BATTLE RIFLE! :D
    HA: AMR-66, cuz, you know....
    MAX: N/A, never played

NC
    Infil: Shadow, another Battle Rifle wannabe
    LA: AC-X11, a bullet hose that thinks she's a Battle Rifle
    Medic: Gauss AR, is 1/4 Battle Rifle on her mother's side
    Eng: Warden, yeah yeah, Battle Rifle blahblahblah
    HA: Anchor, was a Battle Rifle in a former life
    MAX: N/A, hardly ever played

VS
    Infil: Nyx, Battle Rifle's bigger, slower, sluttier sister
    LA: Pulsar C, w/ Adv Foregrip almost as good as a Battle Rifle
    Medic: HV-45, nothing like a Battle Rifle, but that's okay
    Eng: Eidolon, this really shouldn't surprise anyone :p
    HA: Eidolon, ^^^
    MAX: Cosmos, Because you can't weld a Battle Rifle to a MAX arm. Yet.

All time favorite weapon: Eidolon, Yes, a Battle Rifle.
  10. Linedan

Hmm.

Engineer: AC-X11. I'm learning to appreciate it. Definitely can't spray with it. Honorable mention to the T5 AMC.
    LA: GD-7F or MKV Suppressed. For playing LA I would rather have something that's better at hipfire.
    Heavy: SAW or CARV. Two guns about as opposite as you can get and I like them both, even with the CARV's recoil.
    Infiltrator: Play it very little, but I would say the Longshot. Or the MKV for an SMG loadout.
    Medic: GR-22.
    MAX: Hacksaws.
  11. Epic High Five

What he said:

What he heard:
    • Up x 2
  12. Razeroth

jack-hammer?
  13. Kunavi

For no reason at all I'll put it down in as full detail as I can, I feel like typing I suppose...

TR

Infiltrator : SOAS(I quit LR Sniping as IMHO it's not worth it, or I'd have to say TSAR-42 despite using the RAMS too often at lower Rank)
    Light : T5 AMC
    Medic : SABR/Cycler(Tie)
    Engie : T5 AMC/AI and AV MANA(Duh, still count as weapons though and I like both - AV is OP clearly)
    Heavy : Rhino/RL(All of them are great except the Striker)
    MAX : Hard to say - Probably tie between dual Mercy/Pounders, quite different things but each is great at what it does. Mutilators feel great and are viable but I'd pick the Mercy over them if I had to permanently choose only 1.
    2ndary : Repeater/XBow

All with Grip, Suppressor and 2X or 1X. TSAR's got 4X. Standard Ammo for all. Repeater's got Laser and Suppressor obviously, while the XBow has iron sights and Laser.

VS

The Serpent, OMG, once I bought that I could not stop using it. Orion and Flare are also excellent. Lancer is fun, I don't have it yet but the Try-Out I did was enjoyable. Lasher impressed me but just not enough to pick it over other LMGs. Still better than the MCG. And the Medic's default rifle is very good too(Name?). What else.. MAX, right... Nothing I did not like yet but that might change the more I play.
    Same set up as TR weapons in terms of accessories.

NC

I really liked all the default weapons, they felt more viable than their alternatives... Except for Heavy I'd go for the EM6 I think? Or was it the EM1? Can't remember at the moment but it was one of those. Oh and the JackHammer! Damn that thing! Feels great! As for MAX I think the NC one has the best feeling IMHO, though I have to play more to say more than that.
    I use the same set up as with TR where applicable.
    *Edit* Forgot to mention the RailJack, how could I!

I can only comment on TR weapons I won't use either at all or not any more, or until they are balanced; And these would be all the ones I did not mention. Worst so far IMHO is the TRAP, either it's crazy UPed or it's just not for me even though I perform too well with the SABR and I do treat the TRAP like a Scout Rifle or buffed SABR. As for the other Factions I don't really know yet. Fact of the matter is, as a whole and generally speaking, IMHO the TR comes last while the VS comes on top, with the NC being middle grounds. That's taking every single thing into consideration. I should give the TR some credit though, for some exceptions to this over all impression, like the SABR and the Mutilators or the Repeater. And a couple of decent looking helmets.

For what that matters, I use normal, Sticky and AV Grenades, C4 and AI Mines a bit too but that's probably OT... Or I'd have to mention all the Tools and Vehicle Weapons I use as well.

I'll shut up now.
  14. Ultimatestormer

Infil: NS-7 PDW (CQC)/ NS-30 Vandal (short-mid)/ Parallax (Long, duh)
    LA: NS-11 C
    Engie: NS-11 C
    Medic: NS-11 A/P
    HA: NS-15 M
    MAX: Dual Cosmos

I like to refer to myself as an NS soldier, can you guess why?

It should also be noted that excluding variants and certain season exclusive guns, I own every NS infantry weapon except for the MKV.
  15. Attic Lion

Sounds about right. Been Noobhammering it up since 2004 or thereabouts. I wish Waterson wasn't such a ****hole anymore so I got to use it more often.
  16. Devrailis

MAX: Jackhammersaws
  17. Devrailis

At his wedding:

"I now Jackhammer you Jackhammer and Jackhammer. You may now Jackhammer the Jackhammer."
  18. cruczi

Infiltrator: suppressed Artemis
    Light Assault: Mauler S6 semi auto shotgun with extended mag (NC)
    Medic: any AR with smoke grenades
    Engineer: T5 AMC (compensator, adv. foregrip, 4x zoom)
    Heavy Assault: suppressed T16 Rhino with iron sights <3
    MAX: dual Fractures
  19. SnatchMaster

>looks at stats sheet
    >3k+ kills with the NS-11a

I guess that one. For a long time, that's all I would use.
  20. GardenOfSilver

Oh, this one is easy. On my Terran I use...

Infiltrator: NS-7 PDW
    Light Assault: NS-11C or my Barrage shotgun
    Medic: NS-11A
    Engineer: NS-11C, NS-7 PDW or Barrage (sorry T5 AMC)
    Heavy Assault: NS-15M