I don't understand the Matherson Vanu overpop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Yuukikun

dude have you ever been on NC command chat? It's so funny sometimes i turn it on only for this.
  2. Maljas23

Those damn Venu.

That DAMN Buttface.
    • Up x 1
  3. spacesheep

As I understand the matter (and any TR, please correct me if I am wrong), normally what happens on Mattherson (and I play NC) is that the vanu zergs/outfits usually attack the NC, then the TR attack the NC on the other flank causing us to lose everywhere as our pop gets really spread out. Then the VS often just ghost cap the TR while the TR are fighting the NC.

Also the vanu have way better outfits, with a couple of high level outfits (AC anyone?) who provide backbone to their zergs.

I would also like to say that back in beta the TR were my least favorite faction, now seeing the TR do reasonably well on Mattherson despite their underpop has caused me to respect every TR player on Mattherson.
  4. Posse

NC are overpopped until an alert starts at the end of prime time, that's when they all go to sleep because they don't want to get owned, while none of the VS go to sleep until the alert ends, and thus, we end with a ****** 50% world pop

The graph from last night is pretty representative of what I'm saying.

http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/...d_id=17&daterange=1394013920470,1394117700000

At 9PM all 3 factions peaked, what happened afterwards, NC and TR declined steadily while VS maintained the same pop for 4 hours

So we have roughly these numbers (disclaimer, pop numbers and % are rounded, not exact numbers)

Peak hour (Around 9PM EST):

NC: 680 (40%)
    VS: 500 (30%)
    TR: 490 (30%)

Alert start (Around 10.20PM EST)

NC: 490 (39%)
    VS: 420 (33%)
    TR: 350 (28%)

Alert End (Around 12.20AM EST)

NC: 300 (30%)
    VS: 460 (47%)
    TR: 220 (23%)

From the peak hour to the alert end the VS pop diminished less than 10% (and it actually increased from the alert start to end, probably because VS just don't quit during an alert an of course some people log in during it) while NC and TR dimished more than 50%, that's the problem, the behaviour of the VS is fundamentally different to that of the NC and TR, if it weren't for that, then we would have NC overpop all day yesterday. In fact, you can see how after the alert ends, the VS pop decreases more than 50% in less than half an hour, and we have NC overpop again.

Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't days with VS overpop consistently, but lately, the NC overpop days occur far more often.
    • Up x 3
  5. Ultramarine

Populations shift. Is that not obvious? Did we need a post to spell out "Things change"? I thought the Vanu were supposed to be the smart ones ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

7. SnatchMaster

Wow, a whole two weeks compared to how long the VS have been farming alerts on this server? Its not like it matters, for the most part even with all these numbers, the NC isn't worth anything and on its best days it can push the TR out, but that's about it.
    • Up x 1
  8. CrashB111

VS has always dominated the server after midnight, even back at launch as soon as the sun went down all the night crew were VS players because I guess Australians like spandex.

We hate VS way more than NC, NC are still somewhat decent people that you can have a good fight and GG each other afterward. VS are total dicks so I just stomp them when I can and sack them in the mouth.
    • Up x 2
  9. Posse

http://3.bp.************/-yZwsy9lfcEA/TjwWi5l2EAI/AAAAAAAAGco/A0tJlOW7BTY/s1600/kent.jpg
  10. PlatoonLeaderG

Matherson VS are the worst kind of players i met on any online game so far(worse than cod fanboys),I dont want to name him but a guy on RAAGEQUIT or what the outfit was called.we were both maxes but i was 1 vs 10,he had 2 engies repairing him while other infantry were shooting me.
    What happened i died,but 1 more shot from my pound he would have been dead!He then /tell me that i suck so much and he was superior to me in every way,he even tried to troll me with UMAD lol.Anyways because i m the type to always make the guys that make fun of others to rage.I started to trolling him.
    He even said he was popular and he was leading a platoon and he even said to me" do you know who i am?"."?I replied "no and i dont care?"
    Anyways the best solution to find who is the best and to make him shut up was to challenging him to 1vs1 duel.I told him we would park our sundies in an area without other pop and the best will win!
    Guess what he did?He chickened out,haha that elite player that was making fun of me was scared to have a fair 1vs1 duel.He then said to me that he was recording and his friends were laughing at me.
    Then i tried to learn who that popular guy was,guess what i found he had a youtube channel with 62 subscribers.Who is lauging now,i m already trolling his youtube channel :D
  11. EzioDevil

I never saw any thread with correct spelling of Mattherson
  12. sustainedfire

1. They have more population, win more alerts just for being on the overpop team.

2. They have overpop. No matter how how well you play against them, you kill one, and there are 10 others within a few meters that will undoubtedly kill you- theres one behind you, theres one on the roof, theres an infiltrator waiting to snipe you, theres 4 magriders camping the spawn, 2 liberators are floating around above, and a guy in a sythe who performs suspicous moves is also hovering around. Who gets a better k/d when they have superior numbers? Its the overpop team.

3. Vanu do have plenty of people on Mattherson. Its quite tedious. At one point, one of the high pop outfits was asked to be transferred to another server where it would even odds- they declined, even when provided some incentive. Its difficult to consider them as good players, when they have significantly higher population numbers. Its not hard to "win", when youre 10v1 odds vs the enemy.
    • Up x 3
  13. EliteEskimo

Except the NC doesn't know how to manage its population so they lose out to the VS on a regular basis. The NC don't participate in alerts like they should, and this this allows for a massive number of Vanu victories since they hand their facilities over to the VS by choosing not to defend them. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mattherson TR seem to do more and win more alerts while being underpopulated than NC win with a regular amount of population. Mattherson NC could defintitely be a much bigger threat to the Vanu if they got more organized.
    • Up x 4
  14. PraiseTheSpandex

I'm doing my part! I'm helping Mattherson NC and TR get lots of certs, by sprinting around corners and hovering Scythes near their spawn rooms!

Come on, guys, we can fix this. Together!
    • Up x 1
  15. VoidMagic

Well... if the Vanu have truly won... then I guess it's time for the Disco party...

your all invited...

Oddly, after thousands of years of intense academic study and research at the highest levels of the Vanu priesthood the most sacred concept of "Disco Party...."

has been roughly translated into taking bases on Indar and killing each other for certs...
  16. Posse

You didn't play many online games then
  17. PlatoonLeaderG

yeah might be true,i played many online games but most are not so competive like planetside 2.
  18. CrashB111

No, hes right. Mattherson VS is one of the most toxic player bases in online gaming, they think because BuzzCut was mean to them they can spread that kind of vitriol to the rest of the server. Even to people that had absolutely nothing to do with our resident neo-****.
    • Up x 2
  19. WyrdHarper

This is an incomplete picture of the situation.

First of all, this conversation alone basically sums it up:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...ion_of_the_ultra_the_united_league_of/cfraoib
    TR has a lot of experienced commanders who have been fighting VS for a long time and have a pretty good idea of how VS tends to approach alerts, and has the organization and ability to somewhat handle the overall strategy, even if we suffer a bit on the tactical side (in part due to numbers--all else being equal, numbers win...but only in a 1v1 situation, so having the third faction keeps it fresh).

So what we're talking about there is a very common situation: VS starts pushing TR territories with a feeler squad to gain adjacency to an alert objective (while also pushing to NC). If it doesn't get picked up (since it looks like a small ghostcap), those organized feeler squads will crush any pubbies who interfere, and once they are close to adjacency--or sneakily grab it--VS mass redeploys to take the objective. However, TR will often be in command "THIS IS 903RD ACTUAL REQUESTING SMALL SQUAD SUPPORT TO ELIMINATE ENEMY SCOUTS IN SECTOR GRANITE VALLEY GARRISON" (because we all RP hardcore), and someone goes to deal with it. Now VS has two choices here: they either put in more numbers, which draws more attention from pubbies (and pubby attention matters--~50% of people have never joined a squad according to Malorn) and that fight turns into a meatgrinder which wastes manpower OR they redeploy and fight the NC because in that time NC has generally failed to respond in kind.

So now if VS has pulled off the TR, which means TR is free to redeploy those troops somewhere else. We generally push both sides; however, NC is generally an easier fight. Additionally, one of the most frustrating things of late is how often NC completely screws up and hands VS an alert victory. On TR we consider a draw a win with our pops. But it's very frustrating to fight hard to get the draw...and then have NC just drop the ball in the last ten minutes or so, and so we'll often end up racing VS to take NC territories.

(Example: A couple weeks ago during an amp station alert, TR had ~24% world pop the entire alert. We lost Zurvan to the VS--so we had two amp stations--but retook it around ~20 minutes, tying up the alert. We were pretty happy, people were joking "As long as NC doesn't drop the ball completely we should be good." With less than ten minutes left in the alert, NC lost two amp stations within two minutes of each other, while also pushing TR amp stations they didn't have time to take. It was a crummy feeling for TR to see VS get the win, but it was really just embarrassing for NC. NC has some great outfits and players...but they also have some not so great players).
    • Up x 2
  20. Fredfred

Zoe max made so many good NC players leave Connery for good. I don't know if anyone on Helios/Connery remembered HELK (Hell Kittens), they all raged quit and never came back. It brings back bad memories for me and is the reason why I will never be a premium member. **** YOU ZOE max.