The One Kill That Will Haunt My Dreams

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Skulpoe, Mar 5, 2014.

1. JudgeNu

I understand where you are coming from.
    You have to be aggressive or die.
    Compassion will get you killed, so we have to put it aside, but it can hit us in these moments.

However, that BR3 could have been the guy who just logged in to TK you.
    • Up x 2
  2. Spartan101

Ahh... those were the days. I still think they should bring that back. It was absolutely brutal but made a unique experience.

How the hell did you manage to get a kill with a restoration kit o_O !!!
    Did you kill him with a blood transfusion or something?
    • Up x 1
  3. deggy

I make it my mission to be merciful once every day. Typically the target is an Infiltrator while I'm tanking or something.

But there was one time where I was flying a Scythe around, PPA+Pods, and I saw a lone, unarmed Flash with an Engi next to it. I flew up, he got on and started to drive away. I RTM'd around him, landed in front of his Flash, and sat there for a good five seconds, staring him down.

Then I flew away.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hoki

[IMG]

• Up x 1
  5. Booface

One better. Squad of 4 sundies driving across Esamir, come across a lone infantry in the middle of the road. Instead of killing him, we circle around him and box him in, until he's in a tiny square with Sundies on all sides. We let him sweat there for a while. A light assault hops out, throws a flash grenade inside, and knifes the poor guy. Then he goes on proximity chat and says the guy was BR1.
    • Up x 6
  6. AdmiralArcher

i was feeling bad about killing low BRs.....then i ran into this rough spell of INSANELY GOOD low BR players....and i decided that i would kill without prejudice, however there was a time when i played VS before ZOE ****** up everything and i had a similar decision to make, let this clearly low BR player go? or utterly destroy him while he was running around his sundy in wonder........i actually let that guy go.....because back then you could tell when a sundy had AMS or not
  7. iller

Many ... many ... many times... in my early days right around end of beta (december was it??) ... I was constantly being 1shot by Magriders and Prowlers and Scythes as soon as my flash spawned. I used chat to ask them why...Nothing, just cold heartless silence. Other times I'd often be hit with a shell the first second after drop-podding before I could cloak effectively. That was only the beginning of the bitterness. Instead of pouring all my resources into becoming a better infiltrator or infantryman in general, I used it ALL, every cert I made, to buy Tank Mines, C4 for medic, C4 for heavy, C4 for LA, the Hawk, TankBuster, A2A missiles, the Phoenix, Flak Armor, Flak Armor, and MORE FLAK ARMOR. Every thing but Rocket pods b/c I refused to become the monster I hated so much.

When the Flash Wraith finally came out, I used it to finally sneak out wihtout being 1hit by Tanks, and go hack terminals in the bases behind those camping d-bags .... then casually come in behind them with whatever I could get my hands on, and blow the hell out of them. Then laugh like an obsessed maniac for the next minute. If there's a place to reload rockets on it, I'll spam the phoenix at them for hours on end, trying NOT to completely kill them b/c that would end the "fun" too soon. Just a constant, consistent, "whump ..... whump .... whump" hitting the back end of their tank like really slow dubstep. As soon as they're done reparing, the whumpering commences!

To this day, nothing makes me happier than seeing that "+_400 XP!" vehicle kill message flash over the screen. I shake my fists in the air and crack my knuckles. The ritual must be repeated or the shrapnel for the shrapnel God will dry up. And I loathe ALL engineers infact. Even Sniping some pooooor level 3 engie off his turret or the repair job he's doing on a Tank fills me with the same bitter glee every time and no remorse that I can feel anymore. I'll even /yell at them "GET OUT" seconds later. Sometimes I'll tk my own side's engies just to make the teeth gnashing stop when I notice they're being useless farming nobs

Today infact, I actually camped 1 single Engineer in an AA gun ... waiting and waiting and waiting. Over 10 minutes. ...I had spent the 5 minutes before that crabwalking to his Base turret infact. And 9 minutes ago left 2 Betties just underneath his line of sight. My job was already done. There was no reason at all for me to stick around after depositing those betties. But I stayed anyway. ...just to watch the beautiful explosion of my mortal foe. He didn't return :(. If I knew where he was respawning, I would have done it all over again.
    • Up x 2
  8. HLM

I've felt bad about killing low-BR players, but one thing you need to remember is with this game you can never be sure if those BR1s are actually as they seem.
    Could be someone rolling a new character. An experienced playing running an alt. For all you know you could have just stopped some griefer who was about the TK the enemy team.

Though in some situations it is obvious when you're up against a completely new player, but that's from watching their behaviour - not the number next to their name.
  9. Tekuila

I'll farm br1's all day long, don't care what BR they are. Farm farm farm!
  10. BillHaverchuck

I guess i play too fast to bother noticing BR of people i kill.
  11. Winfield

I think my worst BR1 kill was when he/she was trying to nosegun my Vanguard to death with a Mosquito, turns out that an AP-150 shell to the cockpit does wonders.

I felt bad after I saw the kill feed...like strangling a puppy..
  12. blackboemmel

i still remember this guy at 00:40 - "Wastechester - today's "WelcomeToPlanetside2-Award".
    Was it my bad? No!
    Why didn't he count to 5 before pressing the damned deploy-button the first time?
    • Up x 1
  13. Codex561

I kinda ran out of ammo.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sulsa

OMG this thread is so full of LOL.
    Thank you OP. I hope you conquer your demons someday...

After a base flips from us getting rolled by TR/NC and I manage to escape as an infil, I go about picking off stragglers and re-spawners. The ones that make me pause are the ones that spawn and then start running off into the distance to the next base, all alone, trying to catch their zerg... trying to make it back to the safety of the herd.

On those desolate expanses of Auraxis, far from any support, they run.
    I take a shot and 'thump'. Sometimes they start to run in a zig-zag. Sometimes they ignore it and keep going, hoping against hope they will make if over the next rise.
    Second shot and they collapse in a heap, alone and far from anywhere...

I sit there and ponder for a moment what I've just done but I have a job to do. I can't dwell on the hand this life has dealt me.
    • Up x 1
  15. NC_agent00kevin

I was dropped into the middle of a humongoloid raging battle at Zurvan myself. Part of me still dies inside when I kill a BR1 emerging from a drop pod; at least thats been changed.

I do send /tells to newbies that are doing things they shouldnt be, for instance, shooting at a AP Lightning with a Flak turret or shooting at tanks with their machine guns. I offer a little help and move on - after killing them. That way the message sticks.
  16. Shellana

My first drop was into the middle of the CF that is Quartz Ridge/Indar Excavation. Good times.

What is even better is if you are playing with the Recursion Killboard, you will get a "Welcome to Planetside" announcement everytime you kill a BR 1.
  17. TheBlindFreak

I once sniped a BR 4 off a vehicle terminal the moment he spawned a flash. I saw the flash materialize and roll off the pad and then instantly de-materialize. I kinda felt bad. I've also sniped countless tankers as the went behind cover to repair leaving them with a long walk back.
  18. phreec

I remember feeling bad about introducing BR1s to the game with the help of good ol' Rocket Pods. I probably made some uninstall the game for good. :oops:
  19. Pondera

Ahhh.... I remember back when I was battle rank 3. I was on an older computer back then and was lucky to see 10 fps. If you looked into my eyes, you could see morals. Not these days.

Now I'm a BR 66 with a STOMPING computer that rarely ever goes below 50 fps even on major bio-lab fights. I also run the Recursion Stat Tracker, and every time I hear "Welcome to Planetside" (kill a brand new player) I have a little smile on my face.

The fact of the matter is is that you are rewarded for being a little evil in this game. It's either fight or withdraw. Nice gets you broke or dead. I don't like either of those options. Tanks farm infantry left, right, and center, Snipers pop anyone who stands still for longer than a second (try it!), and ESFs are like lions on the savanna, tackling the BR 1-10 Gazelles who are just pulling their first flier, pinning them to the ground, and savaging them for the sweet CERTs inside.

It was good that you killed him. It's best he knows who his enemies are early in this game. They will show him no mercy, and he should do the same in kind.

And it was likely an alt just starting out on another faction anyway. His hesitation might've come from recognizing the MBT he piloted so much and realizing how absolutely screwed he was just then.
  20. CptFirelord

A few days ago a BR1 dropped in.. he thought I was friendly.. I tossed C4 onto him and he ran into the bundle of NC troops... boy, he learns quickly :p