Scheduled Maintenance March 5th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. InoxGecko

1300ms ping on Woodman server...SOE pls. I usually average around 100ms. Right now the game is not playable for me. Scheduled maintenance ftw.
    • Up x 1
  2. Defaceo

I never had a high ping on this game and now it's ranging somewhere between 1500 and 4000. I don't know what you did with this patch, but the game is unplayable until you fix it. I'm playing on Cobalt.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rhumald

lol, let me define this in English:

On a game model, a face is a surface, the visible part of an object.

We track faces and report how many a model has because they're the most tangible part of a game model, the part you actually see, and because of some weird math, they're normally an accurate representation of how many vertices there are, but not always.

Vertices are the exact corners of a face, they don't look like they matter, but they represent a co-ordinate system the rendering engine uses to 'draw' an object, They normally store lighting and texture information, as well, and refer to other vertices they're connected to.

In reality, vert (or point) count is all we care about in terms of game performance; while they're intangible points in space to our eyes, they are, ironically, the only tangible bits of data the rendering engine has to work with. Faces do not actually exist as a part of the input to a rendering engine, the engine draws lines between all those co-ordinates it's given, and fills in the spaces between them with the information from an image those co-ordinates (verts) point to.

When you're creating a game model, it is easy to accidentally duplicate one of these vertices, typically when using one of the various shaping tools, or go to great lengths creating details the viewer will never see. It's good practice to do a pass over the model and clean up all those extra, unnecessary points, which is what they're saying they did.

... Sometimes, just sometimes, performance issues are the artist's fault, instead of the programmers. ;)

Awww, I liked my exclusives: http://imgur.com/a/YQRHu (NC) :p

I'll have to check, but I've had these available to me while they've been down from the shop.

There's been a small glitch where trying to equip the last one in that picture list will equip the first, and visa versa, which doesn't bother me as I have all three, but I hope they fixed it XD.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bonius

Please give my poor vanguard it's camo back for the turret. I can barely get it out of the door now with all the people laughing and pointing fingers at it![IMG]
    • Up x 5
  5. user101

What ever SOE did, my video card fan now screams when I run PS2. It did not do this before. And I am running an older video driver. So it is not the driver. I am also getting these glitches when people teleport into the game around you, short 0.5 second lag and drop in FPS.
    • Up x 1
  6. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Aww.
    Now I rebought nanoweave after the nerf because it worked with nanoarmourcloak,and now it doesn't work anymore. :(
  7. NeoRazielBlade

I can deal with the velocity, fire rate, and recoil if we can just get a 4x... currently feels like a short range sniper with too big of a scope. I only really get kills on sitting targets... moving ones are both sad and funny... or I am just bad.
  8. Klondor

This NEEDS to happen.
    • Up x 1
  9. faykid

getting up to 13,000 ms ping spikes after tonight's patch 0_o
    • Up x 2
  10. Sammywillz

SOE Please fix
    -Lib exterior decorations (doesnt have camo)
    -Esf exterior chrome decorations (doesnt have camo anymore)
    and im lagging so bad on Woodman its unplayable
    • Up x 2
  11. CaptainClean

Sorry but after this Update all the Characters are flipping over the place, ppl i heal just jump 10m away and back, or running out of the base in midair. Its unplayable at the moment!

Am i the only one with this issue?

If not please fix this asap =/
    • Up x 3
  12. iFlanker

Okay.. I played fine this morning. Then patching happened and on Woodman server my ping goes sky high. 16000ms at best.. And the ping meter is not broken when pressing F to activate assault´s shield it actually takes 16 seconds to activate lol. Tought it was my isp but apparently not because some one else is experiencing this crap too.
    • Up x 2
  13. Taktikawl 2140

I am ashamed by my vanguard. My camo was so nice and now my turret disgust me completly...
    I feel i have been betrayed by the last patch.
    :(
  14. Lakora

We who spent 90+ on 3 identical Camos just to have a complete set to now have 2 of those 3 deleted n removed from the game to simplify the coding of the camos. We do feel slightly different... Honestly I don't get it anymore... Ppl who didn't have access to their camos get a compensation of sorts... But those who basically had their purchases made void by a simplification in the coding are getting nothing?

N yes I'd say it's a simplification assuming object oriented codin. What it seems like is that instead of 3 seperate objects being called for camo, based on if it's vehicle/weapon or infantry is now only considered a single object. I'm probably wrong since I never really did anything concerning textures.

Also for those of you who complain about lag on the US servers... :D FINALLY! Payback *******! EU been dealing with it for the past month where we who should of been at 90ms have been at 300ms+ instead. :D Hopefully SoE will be faster at fixing your servers then they were fixing the EU ones
  15. Octiceps

You just killed your own joke. :D
  16. Mianera

What are "verts"?
  17. NinjaTurtle

Oh Radar I love you... in a manly way of course :p.... and slightly less than Emma Watson :oops:
  18. usanow2014

i cant play the game as its lag too much after the patch ...

fix it now !

:mad:
  19. usanow2014

i tried 3 servers

woodman

miller

cobalt

any fight with 24 + will lag and even when u log u will find the game slow to response

fix it now !
  20. nallar