Some random pictures of Nexus

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Pikachu, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Pikachu

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. D3amonEngineer

The nexus already on test server yet?
  3. Pikachu

Thats where it is but its not accessible. Apparently there have been times where devs have allowed people to go there and explore. Summoning the player there. A friend of mine said that happened to him time ago and he stayed there. Redeploy is bugged so you cant get back there after you die without first exiting the game. My friend made a squad and I deployed to him there so now I have a character there.
  4. DocteurVK

This seems to be a really interesting place to fight in !

I'd like to see more of this on live continents, sometimes, they feel "empty".

Also I really would like to see more "crevices" like you have on 14th - 15th pics !
  5. DistantPower

That's why it' bugged. There's currently something with the squad/platoon system that causes the Nexus map and redeploy functions to go haywire. In other words you can't have a squad on Nexus right now.
  6. Brogan9001

I may be a little late to the party, but I am not quite clear on what the Nexus is and what it will be used for. Is it for MLG? Is it for continent lattice? I heard there are only 2 warpgated there. How are the factions chosen? The extent of my knowlege is "it's there" and "I want to play there."
  7. Pikachu

It will be between continents. I don't know if it will be a bunch of identical islands or several different ones.
    [IMG]
  8. stalkish

Id rather see 3 sanctuary conts and no home warpgates but i doubt thatl ever happen.

Have they said anything about vehicle/weapon availability on the battle islands? Will it be like Oshur version 2 from PS1?
  9. Brogan9001

Is this speculation or did the devs say this?

Also, I wonder if the "home warpgate" will have its own perks (or at least something grander than the regular warpgate)
  10. Pikachu

The picture is from the roadmap thread by the dev.
  11. Brogan9001

Ah. Sweet. Would be cool if the environments of battle islands had attributes of the two continents they are connecting, like a map where its half snowy and mountainous, with high altitudes, then the other half a desert basin, going down. Kinda hard for esamir/indar but for Amerish/indar it'd work with a mountain range separating the two (IRL the mountains block clouds, so you will get lush forests on one side and desert on the other)
  12. DeadliestMoon

Seen it, nothing new.
  13. Pikachu

Not everybody has. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  14. NeOn

Now I wonder which BI will be cut out..my vote is extinction! I hated that place..ascension/desolation get my vote. :p
  15. Erilis

Damn, that's beautiful!
  16. Brogan9001

What were each of these BIs like? What made you dislike that one and like the others (screenshots? :3)
  17. libbmaster

@Brogan9001:

There were four battle islands in the original planetside.

Only one has been designed for PS2, and you see it here.
  18. NeOn

Each had their own characteristic. Nexus only had one base on it..made for some epic fights, the others had 3 based each..Desolation was my favorite cause it was perfect for tank battles across the desert, ascension was good as well..but extinction was mountains and rivers..lots of bridges...unless you were in the air..it SUCKED to be on the ground.
    [IMG]
  19. John_Aitc

I may be incorrect, here, but did Nexus get mixed up with battle islands somewhere in this post? Are they the same thing?

I thought Nexus is part of SOE's MLG dreams. It is not a place where a regular player will ever be invited.
  20. Pikachu

Nexus is the fancy name of battle islands.

Edit:
    "We’re going to build three, so we’re going to have three different Battle Islands. The one that we’re showing now is called Nexus. That’s kind of the first one. And then we’re working on another one called Desolation right now." - Matthew Higby

Taken from PS2 wiki site. I'm glad there will be different ones. Hopefully they will have different terrain, and different unique sky. :D Nexus has unique in case you didn't know. Sky color is similar to Esamir but the sun halo and crepuscular rays are green. Also the sun stays green during night time and is even higher than that of Esamir. The halo gets weaker the higher up you get. It's all blue sky at the mountains.
    • Up x 1