Infiltrators too versatile

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Polystigma, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Dragonblood

yeah, experience the limitations of this class for yourself.
  2. Gendomaoken

Wow, i just wanted to say, that even tho i didnt bother to read every page in the topic, id would like to give a response/opinion to OP.
    Infiltrators are not versatile class at all. They lack health to be competitive in open combat. Because of that they recieve tools to start combat on their own rules.

SMG infil is sacrificing EVERY range capability to become CQC beast, losing only to shotties.
    They dont have any AV possibilities(and no, crossbow is laughable).
    I can agreed, that snipers are horrible pain, cant advise you anything else, than getting your own counter-snipers. Other than that, i give some of the snipers kudos for aiming skills to kill people from long ranges. And i dont mean snipers who kill stationary guys, i mean those snipers, that can murder running targets.
    Stalker Infils lose even SMG, to be able to perma stealth, not making any noise at all. But trust me, playing stalker infil is very challenging, you mostly lose combat if they catch you off guard.

I LOVE hunting Infiltrators, when i hear cloak, i start sniffing untill i take them down(or they take me). Its a wonderfull challenge. Saddening is that players with low end PCs are shafter against Infil cloak. While i play on ultra, i can easily see standing and running Infiltrators( crouched only if im few meters close ). I hope, that SOE finds a way to even the odds for low end players.

Oh, and i almost forgot about that crossbow OP argument. Umm, crossbow is NOT op, it is incredibly stealthy, but it requires smart player to use it to full potential, mainly because of its rate of fire, bullet drop, and damage falloff. Its not underpowered in any way, but its a specific type of weapon, that needs to be used differently from normal guns.
  3. Epicstrat

The HE tankers with prox radar will have a feild day.
  4. Shinrah

Efficiently playing Infiltrator is probably still one of the most skill based playstyles in PS2. Like others mentioned you have less HP, and if you are caught while cloaked you are dead 9/10 before you can uncloak and return fire.
    Sniping anything but stationary targets is alot harder than some people seem to think it is. SMG Infiltrators might be brutal if they catch you unaware and from behind, but they are also forced to "mingle" with the enemy and once cloak runs out they have to be sure to be in cover.
    Stalker cloak is the most challenging, sofar. It´s really awesome for support duties when your intention is to hack terminals or towers, but it reduces your offensive capabilities alot. Since you´re limited to your sidearm while stalking you have to make sure to always get the jump on your target and finish it quickly. This basically requires you to stand right behind your target to be able to use quickknife + CB or Comi singleshot.
    So no, infils are not op and not too versatile and instead of complaining about how OP they are I would suggest you try it out for yourself for an extended period of time. I´m sure you´ll be frustrated before you even start to get decent results.
  5. Bl4ckVoid

A ghost capping field day.
  6. Robertooooo

It's easy to outplay most people with all classes so it's nothing that is unique for the infiltrator.

That depends on which type of players you are facing. Zerglings are easy but the ones that are used to small scale battles and look at the minimap now and then knows when there are an infiltrator in the area if you use recon darts and/or decloak.
    I consider myself a most mediocre player and i rarely get jumped by a infiltrator since they are very visible, so i usually take them out long before they are in SMG range. I would not call infiltrators OP.