Taking the shortcuts on Amerish

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ravenwolf Foxtrack, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

Everyone that runs a sundy knows about taking the "shortcuts" while driving around Amerish. For those not too familiar with what I'm talking about, here is a real world example:

[IMG]

And just like the above example, sometimes your sundy just doesn't quite make it.
    • Up x 14
  2. Cougarbrit

I did that off the cliffs in SW Indar once, my Sundy made it, it was p cool.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I've done it too, ended up with like 1/4th health left and drove away. kind of fun really.
  4. iPlague

This is why Magriders rule Amerish with a clenched fist
  5. Alarox

I do the same in my Vanguard. Although it's like comparing a slug to a grasshopper.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kerunian

I've done a complete front flip and a half in a sunderer in a ski ramp on Esamir. Made the first loop and was like OMG then landed on the roof and slid along until explosion. One of my first outfit ops and I killed my SL, PL and the rest of my squad XD.

I've also killed 4 infiltrators cloaked hiding on a hill on indar when I had a "shortcut" and rolled over them whilst on the way down. No idea what they were doing there as the front had shifted by like 4 bases.
    • Up x 1
  7. iPlague

You forget the magburner too, you can scoot great distances with that thing
  8. Alarox

A slug vs a grasshopper.
  9. Radioactive Bomba

The gif screams !MURICA!1! So i guess it's a NC only problem?!
    • Up x 1
  10. VakarisJ

That's not how you do it... You're supposed to drive slowly and have your front wheels land on the cliff before driving down. That way you don't flip or take any damage.

In addition, don't compare an aluminium car to an APC, that can take 10 rockets up the *** before even catching fire.
  11. kadney

While watching the gif I got curious: Did anyone ever manage to flip a sunderer upside down where it wasn't able to flip back again?
  12. RaZz0R

He would have made it if he pointed the car straight down - you never go down something that steep on an angle
  13. Rabbitz

The Auraxis firearms corp shortcut to Raven landing in a nutshell.
    • Up x 1
  14. MasonSTL

Points for style?
    • Up x 1
  15. bubbacon

So funny and so true!...LMAO
  16. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I agree, i think he was trying to angle down, but hit that hard point and gravity just took over. Sadly, the same happens in PS2 with some of those amerish mountains. You think you are going to go straight, but then that hard point you didn't see just says no and you roll.
    • Up x 1
  17. Erilis

lol, wow, no one on the hill even flinched.
  18. RaZz0R

Thats because those model jeeps seem to like rolling so its not a surprise - plus at that point it would have been stupid for anyone to move - it was too late and it was going over.

I have a Range Rover Classic thats seriously beefed up for 4x4 like this. I went out with someone whom had a jeep like this - a lot of the time the guys dad was at the rear of the car putting pressure on the rear corners so it didn't roll - on fairly basic tracks lol.
  19. Rithlar

That's what a flash looks like going down a normal road.
    • Up x 1
  20. bPostal

No, No. I've got this.