How come this stat padder aint banned yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jaktrobot, Mar 4, 2014.

1. jaktrobot

• Up x 2
  2. HadesR

3. andy_m

Yeah, it's amazing... when you start investigating their killboards and then look at peeps they are killing, and then see who else if killing them, there are dozens of people involved in this stat padding exercise.
  4. Pondera

Pardon my ignorance, but is this really a bannable offense? It seems like a few friends who are just messing around and abusing some CERTs. I mean, they might make a few, but compared to a Medic on a decent revive farm? Not even close.

NC moron: I have a 10 to 1 K/D ratio!
    Me: *kills him easily from his lack of skill in actual combat* now it's a bit less than 10 to 1, isn't it?
    • Up x 2
  5. Revel

I'm positive it is. I remember people being banned for this when the game first launched.
  6. Killerdude8

I honestly don't see any harm done, So what, Just a few numbers on a Leaderboard which ultimately means Nothing.

Live and Let live.
    • Up x 2
  7. vsae

Who cares
    • Up x 4
  8. iPlague

Eeeeh, if that was the case Daddy would had been banned ages ago for his amazing Lolpodding stats.
  9. Robertooooo

If you can't beat other players in real combat that's always a solution :D
    I don't see the harm done. Who cares about K/D anyway?
    • Up x 2
  10. VakarisJ

He had amazing lolpodding stats because he DCed every time before he could die (or so I've heard). Those guys listed before are clearly killing the same characters over and over to boost their K/D.

When the flare guns came out, SOE suspended/banned people for exchanging the few kills needed for the gun's title. I don't get why those guys aren't dealt with yet. I mean c'mon, stats aren't perfect or worth a damn, but 97% accuracy on a magshot? For 1k+ kills? :D
  11. p10k56

After forum rant he/she/it gets probably banned. Thats about cheat detection in this Game.
    But SOE will rather pretend there are no cheaters in 3 months:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:
    But look at accuracy on gaussAR only 36% exactly same accuracy has last hacker from cobalt with carv.:cool:
  12. Nitrobudyn

SOE would probably see it as unfair way of cert grinding. To fix this, i'd suggest to lower xp gain for killing the same person during same session and make them not count when calculating killsreak bonus. This should make stat padding less attractive. To balance it, starting xp gain should be ~1-2% higher.
  13. BOOKEN

WOW!

Some of you have your head in the wrong place. Stat padding is against the rules plain and simple.

For those that say "No big deal", let me ask you. Name any other rule in the game and say that.

And FYI most of these people are not just simply stat padding, they are selling these accounts with the certs intact.
    • Up x 3
  14. Pondera

ohhhhhhh, okay, now THAT is something I can object to. Had no idea they were just making a ton of CERTs and selling the account to the highest bidder.

No one wants this game to become what WoW did.
  15. Phazaar

Give a ****...

His SPM is about 6 times lower than a decent Viper player... He's wasting his time and must be bored as fuuuuuck.
  16. lothbrook

I still don't care, their SPM is so low that that anyone buying it is a moron.
  17. Kite Carling

Why would someone buying an account care about spm at all? If they have money they are probably an adult, so won't give a hoot about spm, they just want lots of stuff unlocked to avoid a grind.

Ban clearly warranted.
  18. JudgeDeath

Finding and banning these exploiters/botters should be rather trivial exercise for SOE.

Im sure they will be dealt with.
  19. LibertyRevolution

He is farming certs with his medic, not trying to pad their stats...

They run bots while they sleep, the actual character that is getting boosted is the medic that you don't see on that killboard..
    He doesn't care if the guy killing or the guy dying gets banned, they expect those accounts to get banned..
  20. Sledgecrushr

Stat padding will earn you a temporary ban on your first offense.