Laser Sights

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -NightWhisper-, Mar 4, 2014.

1. -NightWhisper-

Just some Questions about how they work:

1) Can the enemy factions see the laser?

2) Does turning off the laser sight (which i always do) affect them?

Thanks, I would just like to clear some things up :)
  2. Kronic

Yes to both questions.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ballistix

I was told different . . . .
    1) yes NME can see laser
    2) turning the laser off does not affect their purpose

can we get either A) dev to comment or B) link to actual answer
  4. whiteshadow2000

FACTS

1. ENEMIES CAN SEE YOUR LASER WHEN IT'S SWITCHED ON.

2. TURNING THE LASER OFF DOES NOT AFFECT HIPFIRE ACCURACY. YOU'LL STILL GET INCREASED HIPFIRE ACCURACY WITH THE LASER SWITCHED OFF, SO PLAY WITH YOUR LASER TURNED OFF.
    • Up x 1
  5. deggy

Turning off the laser does not affect the benefit, but it prevents enemies from seeing it.

Unless you like the red beam for looks, keep it turned off.
    • Up x 1
  6. doombro

Enemies can only see the laser if they're within a certain range of it, and if the cylinder that the laser originates from is visible to them. If the little laser module thing or whatever is obscured by the gun, then they can't see the laser.
  7. Flapatax

Turning off the laser is a client-side thing only. Enemies still see it as if it was on.
  8. Rohxer

LOL a few of you guys still get this wrong. The guy above in ALL CAPS is correct.

1) Devs confirmed that the benefit remains while the laser is turned off. This is probably test-able in-game as well, though I have not done so. I just accepted their word... strangely. I may actually go test this now.

2) Enemies will only see it *if* it is switched on. If you turn it off they will not. And neither will anyone else. It is not client-side only. This is easily verifiable in-game, and for you people above dispute this I don't know what to say since you can test with your own two eyes (and a friend). There's also many videos showing this.
  9. Trukk

Enemies/Friendlies who spawn in your area AFTER you turn it off will see your laser even though to you it is off. So you need to turn it on then off again on a regular basis if you really want to ensure it's off for others. Yes, I tested it with a friend.
    • Up x 1
  10. AltF4Fun

This is like the number one myth for me since beta. There are so many different storys to the damn laser.Would just once like to have a solid answer to this.Once a clear word from a SOE member and this would forever be solved for me:(.Maybe there is and I just missed it....
  11. Captain Kid

This seems right for a SOE game. I might have to remove the laser sight then on my Light Assault (I play sneaky)

Bytheway, not trying to hi-jack the thread, is there a downside to having the laser equipped?
    (maybe less accuracy while scoped?)
  12. Lord_Avatar

No Foregrip, Ex. Mags, etc.
  13. Captain Kid

Yes, obviously :)
    I use NS weapons so I have no horizontal recoil anyway. And carbine can't have an extra magazine :)
  14. Prudentia

Laser sight is the Only Attachment that has NO disadvantage that is available to most weapons. it's only enemy is the extended Magazin that a very low amount of weapons have access to.