Nanoweave Math

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

Figured I'd post in Gameplay as well instead of just the Heavy section but correct me if I'm wrong here:

So in this case with 20% resistance, a 167dmg round hits you but does 133.60dmg instead? With 1000 hp/sh, 167dmg in a perfect scenario will kill you with 5.9 rounds. If they do 133.60dmg instead that's 7.4 rounds. Correct?

25% resistance to 167dmg rounds (I mostly fight NC):
    25% of 167 = 125.25
    125.25 = 7.9 rounds to kill @ 10m

Of course have to keep in mind you won't always get shot at 10m. So more than likely further out it'll take about 8 shots to the body to kill you with max nanoweave from a 167dmg weapon.

25% of 143 (most TR) = 107.25
    107.25 = 9.2 rounds @ 10m

20% of 143 = 114.40
    114.40 = 8.7 rounds @ 10m

Seems worth it to max out nanoweave if you mostly fight TR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main reason I asked in HA is because I've always used ACS. It's worked great for be since they buffed it. I only ever used Nanoweave up to level 3 before but since I didn't use Resist, it would a bit useless. I'm about to max out my NMG which I use more like a 2nd ACS. So trying to figure out if max nanoweave would do be good for me.
  2. VakarisJ

Actually, it's:
    1: 07.5%
    2: 10.0%
    3: 12.5%
    4: 15.0%
    5: 20.0%

Resist shield aside, nanoweave 4 is cheap and gets you maximum defense against just about any firearm.
    Nanoweave 5 only adds an extra bullet requirement at max range and then again -- only on some weapons, such as the Eridani (that does 91 minimum).
    • Up x 1
  3. TheBloodEagle

Ah, yeah, should have checked to see what the max actually was. Hmm seemed worth it at 25% but not really at 20%.
  4. Hoki

No don't get NW it sucks.

As an inf that doesn't use NW and truly only has 900hp and low dps weapons, all you heavies running around with your 100 round full-auto skill hoses with 1750ehp are annoying as ****.

So the next time I kill you, feel ashamed. Feel very ashamed.
  5. TheBloodEagle

I never see you on Waterson, so most likely that won't happen plus you're TR, no? :p
  6. Hoki

Next time you die to an inf then.
  7. DashRendar

Nanoweave 5 is now more worth it than it was before due to the way a resist mechanic works as opposed to the old health mechanic.

Stock: 1000 eHP
    NW1: 1081 eHP
    NW2: 1111 eHP
    NW3: 1143 eHP
    NW4: 1176 eHP
    NW5: 1250 eHP

As opposed to the old NW4 which gave you 1200HP which was enough in most situations that you didn't need the final stage. Now the final stage is much more of a perk.
  8. Dtswiss

115@ 20 -------- 92 = 11 shots
    115@ 15 ---------97.75 = 11 shots

113 @20 -------90.4 = 12 shots
    113 @15-------- 96.05 = 11 shots

* Does not consider heavy shield

Conclusion: Its only effective when a bullet does less than 114 damage per hit. Which means that close range level 4 to 5 isn't worth it. We can than ask which weapons are more likely to do this type of damage @ medium range.

SMG and Carbine. This is specially true for SMG as they drop off in damage rather quickly.

Is it worth it still? Depends on your certs income.
  9. HerpTheDerp

Yeah, but that's only against small arms. Old NW worked on anything and everything that damaged you(even fall damage).
  10. VakarisJ

Strangely, even though you might think that there's much difference -- there really isn't any. NW4 still does almost exactly the same against just about everything as NW5, regardless of the fact that NW4 now gives slightly less eHP.

The thing is, that no matter how much or little you increase/decrease any specific value, as long as it doesn't cross the line of needing an extra bullet to kill -- it doesn't matter. Unless you can gradually heal mid-combat of course.
  11. vsae

Nanoweave is a crutch and a placebo. Stop using it.
  12. VakarisJ

A crutch? Just about as much as a heavy shield, medic heal or infil cloak are crutches. You get that in exchange for something else -- there's a price you pay for being slightly more durable.

A placebo? I don't think you know what the word means. If it makes you survive 2 extra bullets, it's very much real.
  13. vsae

It doesnt. Not even a single one.
  14. VakarisJ

An excerpt from my excel sheet on nanoweave:

[IMG]

Effective health = health + shields, 6 divisioned rows = nanoweave 0 to nanoweave 5.
  15. vsae

It still doesnt give you anything except for very rare occasions. Most of the time whoever shoots first - wins. Double that with the PS2 netcode and the latency. There is no reason to use it other than just feel comfortable knowing you will survive some additional bullets.
    In my experience this thing doesnt work in CQB, positioning is far greater advantage and more times than not simple ammo belt is more useful than some not so consistent armor.
  16. VakarisJ

Then your twitch aim sucks. If you don't see a reason to get a 33% more time before you die in a firefight, then just keep it to yourself. There are lots of people who find it a lot more useful then some extra ammo that you'll likely not use up solo in a lifespan, while if you have a squad behind you -- you don't even need to worry about ammo at all.

Among the things you can get in your suit slot, nanoweave is almost always the best choice. Other times, you'll want flack, grenade bandolier (for medic -- 3 rez nades FTW) or utility pouch (for engineer).
    • Up x 1
  17. vsae

I am solely infantry player and mostly HA, there is currently no reason to get anything except ASC for this class.
    For LA there is nothing better than ammo belt, due to class nature. If you engage targets directly or where they can see you - you're playing the class wrong.
    The only real purpose of NW is to use it with medic aoe heal, which effectively increases your survivability for 1-2 additional bullets if you pop your heal aura just like heavy shield.
    What do you mean that I'm likely not use all ammo in a lifespan? I'm not running with a zerg and more times than not there are no engineers at all.
    And there is last. In a squad of very skilled infantry players nobody ever wants to play engineer, because this class sucks.
  18. Plunutsud pls

I've tried playing with and without Nanoweave, and the difference is evident.

Nanoweave is totally worth it, especially for an Infiltrator.
    • Up x 1
  19. VakarisJ

Skilled infantry players my ***... Just about anyone worth a damn enjoys the XP trickle from ammo packs, infinite ammo for themselves, turrets, explosives and the almighty repair gun (for which just about everyone I know has >40% playtime as an engineer).
    Saying no one likes to play engineer, is like saying that no one likes to play an infiltrator or a MAX (except that we often end up with half the squad being those classes). The least played class in the entire game has to be light assault -- if I see one, chances are he's below BR50 and has ~15% accuracy rating.
  20. IamDH

You dont see him bec he is an infiltrator