C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT_Latency

No one is complaining about C4 killing they tanks either. You shouldn't let a infantry get directly above your tank. If you screw up that bad you deserve to die.

Light Assualt means they don't get a RPG and a shield
    • Up x 3
  2. Revel

No one is complaining about C4 killing they tanks either. You shouldn't let a infantry get directly above you tank. If you screw up that bad you deserve to die[/quote]

Saw it before the edit. Again, you guys have no defense so you cry "bad player" its like a broken record.
  3. Revel

No, you get something more powerful than an RPG, and something more useful than a shield, true 3d movement.
  4. LT_Latency

I am sorry but it's true, If you get blown up by C4 alot you need to learn to play.

You are faster and more mobile then a infantry unit. If you can't use that to stay out of their range...........You are doing it very very wrong
    • Up x 3
  5. LT_Latency

/yawn Yep, That is why HA is the most played class. LA is near the bottown for classes played
    • Up x 2
  6. Revel

Everyone who dies to C4 is a bad player? Okay.

Your second comment assumes every tank is always in the optimal situation.
  7. Revel

Uh huh. You and I both know for players over rank 70 LA is one of the most played classes.
  8. LT_Latency

It's your job as a tank driver to think. Hmm were could a LA come from and think about how much of a threat they could be. If it's high you reposition or keep watching the high threat spot.

Not hard
    • Up x 3
  9. LT_Latency

Sure it is.

Lets see your play time. How much LA are you using??
    • Up x 1
  10. vincent-

C4 is never a problem too me, when you've played shooters as long as I have you know ******* better than to make it an advantage for anyone to jump on your tank or vehicle, just because bullets don't hurt you doesn't mean you should feel comfortable from infantry.
    • Up x 2
  11. Revel

LA is by far and away my leased used class, and even I have 2 bricks of C4.
  12. Epic High Five

The 200 resources used to unlock the 2 C4 bricks required to do anything to vehicles are more valuable than any amount of air or mechanized resources.

2 C4 will not kill a full health sundy in any circumstance, so you're better off running mineguard because two tanks mines will. If you don't have engies on your sundy it was gone no matter what.

Tanks only get C4'd when they get lazy or dumb, and I don't think anything should be balanced around allowing people in force multipliers to also be really dumb with no consequence. If my medic C4s your tank guess what buddy, you screwed up.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's either Medic, HA, or Engie (for the "never leaves a vehicle" crowd)

I know for me it's Medic by a wide, wide margin.
    • Up x 2
  13. LT_Latency

But it so OP, You should be taking advantage of that OP power. What are you doing???

Let me guess almost 0 c4 kills as well.
  14. Revel

So my not taking advantage it of it somehow means LA + 2 c4 isn't an overpowered combo? Logic in your world is wonderful.
  15. Xellas

Yet another C4 nerf thread? You tank jockies really are trying to push for this crap, and it's getting old.

Let's recap actual facts:

1) C4 costs half as much as your tank in infantry resources per attempt (not success, ATTEMPT) to destroy your tank. Any mistake, failure, or random glitch (which happens FAR too often) and the attempt fails, all resources are wasted, and I'm likely dead.

2) I have to either be above you (at which point you are too close to buildings or in a chokepoint, and you've failed at placement), or at knife range to your tank in order to attempt to use C4. And it takes 4 seconds minimum (2 seconds to lay 2 C4, 2 seconds to detonate). If I managed to walk up and be in knife range for 4 seconds without you noticing me and killing me, or your allied infantry doing so, then I've EARNED that kill, since I had to use superior tactics and placement to even get a shot at it.

3) Sundies can run blockade armor, which makes them immune vs instakill to anything but an engie packing a rank 2 utility pack, and at that point it costs 400 infantry resources to kill the sundie, which is nearly as much as the sundie costs... and takes 6 seconds to lay, at point blank range. If you let that happen, you needed some defense around the sundie to begin with. If it was multiple people laying C4... well ****, you had multiple people reach your sundie, you should have defended better or you got outplayed. Either way, they earned that kill.

4) ALL tanks (hell all VEHICLES) can reverse faster than infantry can sprint. Run proximity radar, you can't be surprised, and unless you've got a rock to your back (positioning failure, your fault again) then you can literally reverse away from the infantry and they can't do anything but eat a tank shell.

5) LA cannot fly very far. If an LA is managing to C4 faerie you, then one of two things happened: Either they've jumped from a building, rock, or tree (Your fault for positioning failure) or they snuck up to within 50 meters of you without you noticing, at which point it's an awareness failure on your part. The only exception is drifter jets, which make it even HARDER for LA to get height, and are only useful around watchtowers and other tall structures.

6) Any LA that is flying is bait for enemies on the ground. If you have absolutely no infantry support... then you have overextended your tank, and are asking for trouble to begin with. If you DID have infantry support, then either they failed at their job or you got too far away from them.

You have all the tools you need to prevent the majority of C4 deaths, but I see far too many people not using them. C4 is perfectly balanced, with the exception that they need to allow us to pick C4 back up from the ground instead of having it be wasted. Follow the 3 rules below, and 95% of your C4 deaths will be prevented:

1) Run proximity radar. Yes, it means you can't get autorepair... so what, you are already an engie, just manually repair. It's more XP for you anyways. Proxie radar means you can just keep one eye (or have your gunner do it) on the minimap and bug out when someone gets remotely close.

2) Stay away from buildings, trees, or anything else that can hide infantry. You can oneshot infantry 300m out, you should NOT be in close quarters. Work on your aim and learn some better positioning. If I have to hike 150m out to get you, 95% chance is that I'm gonna be spotted long before then.

3) When in doubt, keep moving. A moving tank is almost impossible to C4 with 2 bricks, and unless you have battle damage already 1 won't kill you. Most C4 users won't bother wasting the resources. Learn to shuffle around like your tank is busting for a piss and you'll irritate the hell outta C4 users.

There ya go, from someone who's been using C4 from beta that's the 3 golden rules to ruining my day.
    • Up x 4
  16. LT_Latency

You should actually use an item to see how effect it is before you get all teary eyed about it.

You will start seeing good tank driver drive away an LOL at you before they blow you to pieces. You will also see morons who do nothing and let you land on top drop 2 c4 and fly away and blow them up.

Just don't be one of the morons
  17. Revel

Thats great. Now tell me why tanks don't get a C4 defense slot when other vehicles do.
  18. Bobaflay

c4 needs to be buffed. so hard to use for me. Tank mines are better
  19. LT_Latency

Because you should always have a driver so you can always drive away. A sundy gets setup in one spot then you leave it there. It's just a spawn point and doesn't have the moblity or the fire power of a tank
  20. Revel

Harassers have C4 defense. Anchor turns you into a piece of immobile field artillery. That is why its useless. A sundy is more than just a spawn point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.