[Suggestion] Remove .75 ADS from the Orion and the SVA-88

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrogdorNC, Mar 2, 2014.

1. pnkdth

VS weapons tend to have a lower bullet velocity(to everyone; not all weapons, please, for the love of sanity, don't quote this and go LOOK AT THAT WEAPON! I know... I know...) on weapons where bullet drop would extend their range(Serpent and shotguns, for example).

VS also have the same damage tier as TR(143dmg) on most weapons yet still have the magazine capacity of 167dmg weapons(meaning 30 rounds instead of TR's 40). VS 167dmg weapons also have a lower ROF than TR/NC 167dmg versions. In some cases they have the same ROF as TR but then they have other stats that makes them slightly worse, for example, Flare vs TMG-50, where last I checked the Flare has more side to side recoil and a higher first shot multiplier.

There's a lot of stats that often gets failed to mentined here on planetside, which to be fair is not suprising given how much stats there are and that they tend to change a lot. Most of the time though, people take one weapon and disregard everything else. That's not how asymmetrical balance works.
    • Up x 2
  2. Shinrah

I don´t really get what the fuss about the Orion is. Admittedly I did not use it pre-nerf so I can´t say wether or not it was powerful before. However, I´ve tried it a couple of times post-nerf and I find the small clipsize (50) and rather wild CoF and recoil to be annoying. I´ve used the Polaris ever since release and prefer that over the Orion.

As for VS LMG´s being so great, I´d trade the aforementioned LMG´s for a Gauss SAW and EM6 any day, tyvm!
    • Up x 3
  3. NinjaTurtle

Yes they should, asymmetrical balance is more fun and interesting than copy and paste balance

I would prefer a game where certain factions have the best guns in a certain class rather than just reskins of the same guns that all perform the same

To me it is perfectly fine if VS have the best LMG weapons, if NC have the best Carbines and if TR had the best Assault Rifles (not saying this is how it is currently)

To me it is perfectly fine for NC to have the best AV tank in the game because TR and VS have much better AI options on theirs. To me it is fine for NC to ave the best MAX in CQC because the TR and VS get better mid - long MAX weaponry
    • Up x 1
  4. Imij

Stats that don't support whatever the OPs agenda don't get mentioned. It's much easier to brainwash a mob in to grabbing pitchforks and shouting nerfs when you only give them half the story. Just enough to get them riled up, but not enough to inform them "yeah this works like this, however, this is the drawback."
    • Up x 2
  5. Crackulous

NC loses their 0.75 carbine, and TR their assault rifles then.
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

That could be the case, but more often I think it comes down to not knowing all the stats or maybe not having a strong grasp on how they work. I tend to give the benefit of a doubt but yeah, in a lot of cases we see players elevating their own experiences above all others.

For example, in the HA forum, I said I liked the Polaris and nearly got my head chopped off for not using the Orion or SVA. Apparently I was such a scrub for using such a weapon(despite doing well with it). Humans will never fail to intrigue or amuse.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kurohagane

you got it backwards
  8. Crackulous

Oh right, TR's Jaguar, not NC. Errors made, my bad.
  9. ShortRovnd

lolwut?

You can decide the range at which you fight by strategic planning. Play to your strengths, avoid your enemies strengths, it's quite simple.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mongychops

Out of interest, is there a way of separating the pre and post PU02 data, to see how significant the weapons changes has been on the statistics?
  11. VakarisJ

Because the Carv has double the ammo capacity, while the MSW-R reloads faster and is more accurate in ADS.
    • Up x 1
  12. Posse

If you give me 25 extra magazines...

Do I need to remind everyone that the Orion is the LMG with the LEAST damage per magazine in the game?
    • Up x 5
  13. nitram1000

Your the only faction that can make any interior building a no go zone, you are the only faction that can stop being one clipped by an ESF by pressing F.

NC are the overpowered faction.
  14. Bape

lol no problem with NC max at 5m range or greater and you have a peasant load-out what game are you playing? I hope you are trolling because I can give many reasons why that bull.
  15. umbrellapower

Orion is a crutch for good players and will always be as long as it has 750 RPM with the 0.75 ADS movement speed. On the other hand, SVA-88 is a crutch for bad players who can't handle babby's first FPS levels of recoil. In the end, it's not a big deal; yes, you're more likely to lose a 1v1 against a VS HA as an NC/TR HA due to circumstances out of your control, but **** it. Just aim better than the other guy and hope for the best.
  16. Paperlamp

17. LIKE A BOSS!

Nc have do higher damage. TR have faster fire rate (on average) and have large magazines.Vanu have mobility. Why are you trying to take one of Vanu traits? You don't ever seeing Vanu asking for soe to take away TRs extra bullets. Vanu get one decent trait and useful trait on one weapon and y'all QQ.
    • Up x 3
  18. Elrobochanco

Well you're right we need more data, Amerish needs time for players to figure it out. Just the existance of a few tunnels doesn't make it definite one way or another. But that and esamirs designs don't change what I said, asymmetrical doesn't mean everything is useful all the time, sometimes you need to ditch the vehicle no matter your faction.

As for the bullet drop, really? you think that is a useful thing to trumpet as a "faction trait". TR/NC compensate for not having it by having motor control/hand eye coordination. Lack of drop is only a useful stat on a handful of items (smgs, battle rifle and the new phaseshift) and in return all of them have the slowest projectiles in their class. In most cases you need to lead your target more than a similar NC/TR would. You just don't need to aim as high. The "faction trait" you think is so dominant is also missing from every single weapon where it would significantly matter, that is ones that engage regularly at 200m plus (tank weapons, rocket launchers, and BASR).

You might jump to conclusions based on my sig but I play all 3 factions. I would trade no bullet drop for a 200 dmg carbine, or 10 extra bullets any day. And again, this is why asymmetrical balance works. Because I want those things (because I believe them to be more worthwhile in how I play), and you obviously want no bullet drop because you think it would change how effective you are.
    • Up x 1
  19. Baracuda

MWS-R has the least damage per mag (143 per shot). The orion is actually pretty well off as a cqc lmg, NC damage, TR RoF, VS little recoil.

Edit: sorry, scrath that, confused some numbers its on par with the mws-r , memory is a fickle thing lol
  20. JudgeDeath

Heh .. someone got killed By orion and is now taking it forumside.

Brilliant.