Community Clash - Season 1 Dates - STARTING NEXT WEEK !!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torkz, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Torkz

I know there has been a long wait for the start of Community Clash Season 1 but we finally have confirmation for season 1 and no further delays will be encountered. With that being said below are the dates for the US and EU matches. All US matches will start at 8pm CST on www.twitch.tv/planetside2 and all EU matches will start at 7pm GMT www.twitch.tv/planetside2europe. We are in the process of creating a site for all the information revolving around Community Clash but for the moment the official rules for season 1 are below

Season 1 Official Rules

First Rounds

3/5/2014
    US - Jenk Squad Alpha VS Sturmgrenadier
    EU - The Foundation VS Rebel Rifles

3/12/2014
    US - No Nonsense Gamers VS The Republican Guard
    EU - MercenaryS VS Indestructible Phoenix Team

3/19/2014
    US - Sex Drugs & Lazers VS Das Anfall
    EU - Keepers Of The Void VS INI Elite

3/26/2014
    US – Future Crew VS Total Recoil
    EU – Rock Planet Shotgun VS The Jesters

Semifinals

4/2/2014
    US – TBD
    EU – TBD

4/9/2014
    US – TBD
    EU – TBD

Finals

4/16/2014
    US – TBD
    EU – TBD

World Champions Match

4/19/2014
    US – TBD
    EU – TBD

I hope everyone is looking forward to seeing these matches as much as I am. Follow @ps2commclash if you want to follow the Season 1 action. As always feel free to contact me via my official PS2 forum account Torkz or contact me via twitter @ps2commclash or email ps2commclash@gmail.com
    • Up x 7
  2. DevDevBooday

3. Torkz

Community Clash is a player run event for outfits to compete in. It is run on a private server and the current format is 24v24. If you want to see some previous Community Clash matches you can see them here. https://www.youtube.com/user/ps2commclash
    • Up x 1
  4. VSDerp

Looking forward to this.
    • Up x 1
  5. Torkz

should be interesting to see :)
    • Up x 1
  6. Locke

Should be awesome. There are going to be some really interesting matches between experienced outfits especially after the initial stages. :)
  7. Mastachief

Thanks for the dates
  8. Zar

I normally hate anything to do with stuff like this "BUT" the fact the community is running it and on a private server not trying to cram it into the game like soe is trying to with the battle islands for esports purposes makes it about 100% better carry on sir's and ma'ams you people might save this game.
  9. Torkz

glad you are looking forward to it , im sure the team will appreciate your comment.
  10. bPostal

Good Luck INI! (And also I suppose MCY, RPS and KOTV)
    I look forward to you fighting to the death for my amusement.

P.S. And GL to everyone else too I guess. :)
  11. Klyka

Going to be great fun to watch and cast the matches! Can't wait!
  12. Gustavo M

My infiltrator is ready.
  13. Crackulous

I had only heard of 5 of them, haha. I know who I'll be rooting for though. Good luck all.
  14. Padawanchichi

Eratum on EU matches that'll begin at 8PM GMT (9PM CET).
  15. Ice

Excellent! We get three weeks to sit back and hoard leet strats from the other competitors!!!11

Good luck everyone!
  16. Gav7x

Cant wait for this! so much skill involved
    J/K

This will be really interesting tho
  17. Lazaruz

I'm going to be rooting for INI and TRG... Make the Republic proud! :)
  18. PinkamenaDianePie

ZAPS will, unfortunately, be withdrawing from Community Clash.

There are a number of reasons, but the bottom line is that we can no longer field a team that would provide for any meaningful competition, and we decided the most respectful thing to do would be to step aside and let another outfit take a shot at it.

We were founded with the intent to play Planetside competitively, and for a long time we were extremely dedicated to that end. But competitive players can be restless, and for us, the hammer simply did not fall while the iron was hot. We couldn't live on promises forever, and gradually our roster dwindled over the months of waiting and practicing. The frustration with the comp scene came to a boil during the preseason, and we all saw how that went. Our roster had became hopelessly frustrated and many moved onto other games or simply lost interest.

A meeting concluded that there's just no will to continue with the competitive scene in this game, and most of us have moved our focus elsewhere.

I know there will be some very unpleasant comments directed our way over this (the inevitable gloating and insults will be fun), but all I can offer is the truth of our situation. We haven't always had a spotless reputation, but I figure we can at least go out with some class.

Like NUC and others before us, we will continue to maintain our modest presence on the live servers, but we are formally withdrawing from competitive play in PS2.

To the organizers and participants who have managed to stick it out, we wish you guys the best of luck.
  19. EliteEskimo

I'll be interested to see you and Mustarde playing side by side as a sniper duo:cool:
    • Up x 1
  20. Posse

:(