EU Server Issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Feb 21, 2014.

1. iPlague

What if they missed out on amazing prime time of the EU servers man?
  2. kadney

3 a.m. CET is nearly the daily deadpoint on european servers, descending, hitting the minimum around 6 a.m. CET.
    This time they are doing it right. I only feel sorry for the people that have to sit in an office at 6 p.m. :)
  3. SidCom

You are right, it makes not much difference regarding the framerate if you have the shadow settings low or high.

But i experienced that with "shadow off" the scene looks much brighter, which is good by the way. Easier to spot an enemy hiding in the shadow. But then the game looks not so dynamic, the sunsets, sunrises and all this nice lighning environment gimmicks.

With most settings on ultra, the game looks like a prerendered CGI film. But you are also right. I not thought that it is a 32 Bit client which limits the mem. adressing space.

Think i have to decrease settings..
  4. LordMondando

This needs fixing and we need more information on where its at. It's systematically destroying prime time after prime time on miller.

I do appreciate work is being done, but its at survival level problem for the Miller community now.
  5. JonboyX

We had these same problems last year when population was at maximum for the server. It just feels like a more robust server queueing system is needed, like pretty much every other MMO out there has already. OR, some clever server system that pushes a busy continents population load on to another server cluster in exchange for a quiet one.

And also; if you're logged in - some simple check to see before it tries logging you in again? Because that really is annoying; beating the login meta-game only to get trounced by the DeusExMachina that is an old login attempt.
  6. WTFMYACCOUNT

they just removed their good server hardware for everqest ( remember the hw update ) lol
    now the ****y game has to run on 386xSX servers with 1mb ram
    Sony´s best Rig :D
  7. JonboyX

7.30pm GMT. Miller log in ducked again.
  8. Brasjtamanirya

I'm a bit lost. I just tried to launch the game and it's making the Big install again but on the announcements section of the launcher window the latest patch is for test server... so ...?

The client worked fine after relaunch. Post cancelled.
  9. Raxxyl Ryan "Raxxyl" Wells

Getting closer. We're updating the servers tonight (EU morning) with another potential fix.