launchpad won't load any update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ivry123, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ivry123

I never stumbled across this before, nothing in the launchpad would load...it says that it's installing but nothing is happening...it happened after the 27/2 maintenance.

please help.....:(
  2. starlinvf

Hit the wrench icon and look for the Updated File list. Its a filtered log output for the update process.
  3. ivry123

but...what do i do with this information?
  4. KNFr-Rhe7oric

This is the closest I can get with the launcher.
    [IMG]
  5. ivry123

lucky you....
    [IMG]
  6. FleurDisLee

yeah its not updating! validate DOES NOTHING! as expected
  7. Moving Target

I have the same problem. I am unable to get more than 10% into patching before it crashes. I just tested the test server launchpad, and it works fine. I just updated an entire 8 gig of patching on the test server launchpad without it crashing. Still unable to patch and/or play the game.
  8. Jomango

Replacing PlanetSide2.exe
    Patching Resources/Assets/Assets_179.pack

That's where mine is getting stuck
    • Up x 1
  9. starlinvf

So something could be wrong with the new manifest, the delta in transit, or some kind of memory issue. If it were me, I'd look closer at the patcher logs (can't tell which one until I get home), figure out which pack file it was scanning when it hung, and delete that. That'll force a full download, probably around a few hundred MB.

Since the updated file list isn't showing the confirmations, I can't tell off hand if its posting completed task, or when its starting a new one.
  10. ivry123

OMG....THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN....IT WORKED!!!!:);)
  11. 0neWinged

I decided to just delete the Assests folder, and that worked for me.
  12. Vortigon

Same problem here - launchpad closes within a few seconds of starting to patch.

Don't they test this stuff before going live?

I leave the game for a couple of weeks and come back to this?

lol - see you again in a month - this game is becoming a farce.