Consolidated CAMO: SC REFUND?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. RF404

See, this would have made sense as a fair deal if the new bundled PS3+game applies to new customer, but not when the store owner starts sending sending out a free game to anyone who's ever bought a PS3, except for those who already bought a game.
  2. JonboyX

I'll just be happy if the prices don't all go up for the new bundled sets. I only really ever wanted infantry armour camos so it'll be rubbish for me if they all go up from 500->750 or 1000->1250
  3. Diodeone

I thought I made it clear that my position, as is most people responding in this post, that we are asking for cert compensation not SC refunds as was suggested by the OP in his post. So, I don't understand why you keep raising the exploitation of SC as a reason for an abrogation of a policy of refunding certs for consolidation of SC purchases.

As you admit in your own post that "certs don't matter that much" then why not continue the policy of cert distribution for those affected by consolidation. People who would receive the certs are people who bought these items with SC not certs so they are more inclined to spend the certs on upgrades of things they own rather than use it to bypass buying primary items with certs instead of SC. It's a win-win for SOE to give out certs. They don't make money on certs and they get a great deal back in terms of good will which is actually considered a intangible asset for them and makes their own company worth more. They gave out certs during WDs past consolidations an all we are asking them to do is reciprocate the same.

Also its not in peoples advantage to use SC to exploit certs since items bought with certs instead of SC are not transferable to other characters they might have.

As far as your argument that not many people buy camo in bundles is a poor reason since compensating these few players with cert distributions would then be nominal and your arugument of widespread exploitation of certs seems a bit flawed as previous ways mentioned above.
  4. AzureKnight

Sony did this exactly before.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/16/playstation-network-welcome-back/

They used it as an apology, but it's still the same principle. If you already own the games that were given away free, then this wouldn't be fair to you. Though they let you choose between choice, if you already had the games you wanted and none of the games that were left appealed to you, again, this would feel unfair.

The new deal does apply to new customers and old, but to the old ones who already bought what they wanted, it comes off as unfair. Price points change and just because it changed to something better compared to when you first bought it, that does not mean you should get anything extra, even if the new deal includes things that the old deal did not. It's the risk you take in a consumer market, bad PR or not.
  5. Klypto

I feel good now after buying that vehicle camo bundle that had like a ton of camos in it.

I also don't have to worry about buying the shapely weapon camo now.
  6. RF404

Well, there's pretty significant differences. PSN was offering a compensation from a limited assortment of other companies products.

SOE are giving away their own goods, but only to people who hasn't bought full sets.
  7. Longasc

While I really could bite myself in the **** for buying some camos, I also got 1 filled up with the two "missing" camos.

I think there is no real or moral reason to demand refunds now, even if it makes one feel a bit sad that we paid basically thrice before.
  8. DrBash00

It sux a little bit to get no refound for camos wich i purcaised 3 times ......
    But well.... at least i have some chamos only bought once so i think it is equal (for me)....
  9. Chivalry

Mega camo bundle? When was that?
  10. NinjaTurtle

And you know what I have bought how?

I have spent $250 on this game so have spent more than most.

I also have no issue with SOE compensating people, I'm mearly stating that as their ToS stats they can change pricing as they want you shouldnt expect it.
  11. NinjaTurtle

12. Diodeone

Previously they gave individuals certs for items they bought and then were consolidated. Why can't they now do the same for items they have consolidated. I think people had a reasonable expectation that they would continue to offer certs in any future consolidations based on their past practice of doing so. I guess the same people who argue against this are the ones who applaud SOE for getting rid of Triple Station Cash days as well.
    • Up x 1
  13. MajiinBuu

I spent a lot of money on camos. Soon after, camo bundles came out and I was the sucker. Now bundles are removed and all camo's are made into super camos. I don't expect anything back, but a simple "I'm sorry for your loss" would be nice
  14. Tommyp2006

I'm not gonna say I wouldn't like the free certs from buying multiple camos, because that would be awesome, but I'm not really upset, I've spent enough time in online games with cash shops to recognize that the prices will go down or change sometimes. I got enough free camos on the other slots from having them on only one slot that I pretty much break even on that.
  15. Diodeone

You spent 250 but no mention of buying camo for weapon, armor or vehicle. I think people like you should selectively surrender any certs you received from the last consolidation (which you probably received based on your 250 purchase total) since it obviously think you think SOE should be within its rights to do so. Within your rigid view of their terms of service they would also be justified in taking back those certs from you for the last consolidation. Would you like to volunteer to surrender those certs back to SOE now?
  16. Diodeone

Just askign them to do what they have done in the past. They make no money on certs. Give them back to people who had to make 3 purchases for what others now only have to make one. That was what happened for people who bought an AA max for TR and their other toon for NC or VS and same for other infranty common pool weapons as well weapons for libs sunderer, lightning etc.
  17. Diodeone

I wonder how many of these greed defenders of SOE are being paid to do so here. I don't see why they are workign so hard to argue against a few compensatory certs for players based on consolidation-particlularly when the same compensation has been given out by SOE in the past.
  18. Astealoth

The cert grants of the past were a nightmare. They vowed not to do it again. Also if you bought so many camos that you aren't getting any freebies out of this camo grant and price reduction then you were obviously willing to support this game before. Why are you here demanding more hand outs now?
  19. Tommyp2006

That's not necessarily true, as granting certs to people may mean that they use those certs to purchase weapons rather than use SC to purchase those weapons. Not necessarily disagreeing with you whether or not they should do a cert grant, just showing that cert gain does have some relationship with SC spending.
  20. BioPhysics

When SOE previously refunded station cash with certs, they messed up. If certs are rewarded as compensation for monetary purchases, that means that certs can be bought with money. Higby stated that certs will never ever be buyable with real life money. End of discussion.