Consolidated CAMO: SC REFUND?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. RF404

Not really comparable unless it's only a matter of lowering the cost, but it's not in this case.

What if you had bought 3 separate parts last year and this year the store owner suddenly decides to grant 2 of those parts for free to every previous customer who's ever only bought 1 of them, while giving jack **** to their other customers who's spent more. Would you not be a bit perplexed as to why the store owner only offer extra benefits for customers who's paid less?
  2. Nitrobudyn

This is not the case. It is more like You'd buy ice skates, roller skates and normal shoes. After a while You get three pairs one pair of ice-roller-whatever and anyone who bought only the shoes gets the same thing - even though you paid for three things. This doesn't seem fair to me.
  3. Chivalry

After the patch there will be one type of camo -- universal. If you bought a weapon camo, but not the matching armor and vechicle camo, well now you have the full matching set for free.

It should on average balance out with much more people gaining more free stuff than people "losing" money on buying at a previously higher price.

You have only full sets of matching camo? You don't have any lone pieces?
  4. RF404

I bought all 3 (armor/vehicle/weapon) mega camo bundles. F*ck me, right?
    • Up x 3
  5. MurderBunneh

Any camo you buy in the future will work on anything except a few cases.
  6. MurderBunneh

Nothing has changed for you. You still have everything you had before. In the future you will get more for less.

Tell me again why you are owed something?

It's embarrassing really. Some of these posts just feel bad for them.
    • Up x 3
  7. Nitrobudyn

Only WDS single-use camos. Other camos are armor+weapon or all three.
  8. RF404

No, like I said in the post above: There's nothing strange about not refunding anything for simply lowering the cost. The thing that leaves me perplexed is the decision to grant extra benefits to customers who's already paid for the old prices, but only to those customers who's been paying less of it.
    • Up x 1
  9. St0mpy

10. Goretzu

I see your point, but I don't think there should be a refund, it's better value now (hopefully) and they'll sell more, but no one twisted your (or my) arm to buy the camos we did at the price we did.
    • Up x 2
  11. NinjaTurtle

I see no issue. If I buy a pair of trousers for £30 and then during the winter sales those same trousers are being sold for £10 should I go into the shop and say "hey I bought these trousers a month ago and paid more give me money back"

That is not what happens anywhere, why would this be any different, you bought it as seen and advertised at the time.

Things are subject to change, it says so in the ToS so you must always consider carefully before buying anything because SOE can move the goal posts whenever they choose
  12. Hatesphere

Exactly, people who bought all three at one point felt it was worth the value, SOE did not hold a gun to your head. When they changed the camo over to it now being a pack, they decided to just grandfather in all the people who paid less instead of muddying up the market with new payment options and re coding the system so they could fill out their camo, and they didn't even have to do that (and if they did i bet you that the people with one camo would still be paying less then we did). If you didn't think it was worth the $15 when you first bought it, you shouldn't have bought it. I personally bought 2 full sets and I dont really see the issue here. Prices and packages change, its nice of SOE to help out people, even if they arent helping me directly in the short term because I already had full sets.

Flooding the market with a large amount of extra SC due to a minor change like this is not in SOE or the games best interest.

The only people with the right to complain are those who bought their camo within the last 30 days before the change. if you bought it months ago then you get what you paid for, simple.
  13. f0d

im hoping i get my nvidia infantry camo for use on my vehicles :)

i would have bought it on ebay if i knew which nvidia pack gives them out
    • Up x 1
  14. RF404

I'm glad that they're finally lowering the costs of camos and I don't think there's anything strange in not refunding something just because they're lowering the cost of it. But what I can't help but feel is odd is their decision to grant extra benefits to all customers who's already paid the old prices for camos, but only to those customers who's been paying less of it.

It would be more like buying that £30 pair of pants last month and find out this month that anyone who bought £10 pants at the same time as you get sent the same £30 pair for free.

And honestly, I totally understand that their business model don't allow them to refund any SC, and I don't question that, and I personally have more Certs than I know what to do with them...

But I would've expected to see atleast some form of recognition for us suckers who bought all three sets (and even all three mega camo bundles in my case). Even if it's just something simple as a decal that reads "I paid 3x over for my camos and all I ever got was this lousy decal" or some odd Title or even a random free camo it would've been enough IMO.
    • Up x 2
  15. Hatesphere

see I am fine with some other benefit, what i dont want to see is people wanting it as a full SC refund. maybe an "I bought camo before it was cool" decal. for my lib
  16. phreec

I'm one of those suckers and it's a shame but I don't really think we're entitled to anything. We wouldn't had bought these camos unless we deemed them worth it back then. We knew the price and we still bought them.
  17. Winterreise

i just bought a camo bundle 4 days before. The "depreciation rate" is really fast.
  18. Hatesphere

you are one of the few people with the right to ask for a refund. in fact I would try opening a support ticket.
  19. Nitrobudyn

Wrong. You bought 3 different pairs of trousers for £10 each and when the winter sales comes You are left with one combined pair only.
  20. Winterreise

support ticket sent