Consolidated CAMO: SC REFUND?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ST4LK3R

They'd pbly refund in certs just like they did it when NS weapons went cross faction unlock if you purchased with SC. I'm looking at 4 or 5 complete sets of camo...including Grey Scale and I'm quite excited to know how they are gonna do it. It's not like i need certs or anything but I like free stuff. NOTHING TO LOSE since I'm happy with the price I paid for those 4 or 5 sets of camos! :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Torok

Yes a few, like uhm... the beehive one, then can't really recall the names, but atleast 3,4 of them are for one thing only.
    I hope those will be translated in the full bundle :>
  3. FieldMarshall

Pretty sure the TLDR version of the eula you agreed to is "We can do what we want, and you just have to deal with it"
    • Up x 2
  4. Mezinov

I am curious if there is anything planned because I bought the Vehicle Camo Super Bundle and the Infantry Camo Super Bundle when they came out, so I have quite a few duplicates.

Not personally plussed one way or the other if something is or isn't done - but it would be nice to know if they plan on doing anything.
  5. Gnomemercy

The point is digital goods do not suffer from depreciation such as physical goods i.e Driving a car off the dealers lot, there are a number of court cases you can research online that go into this. The point is SoE refunding SC they do not loose anything because a virtual good is virtual they can resell it for the same price to someone else and nothing will of changed the quality of the good will always remain the same....throw in the fact you can't spend SC outside of SoE games so they are not loosing anything the money remains within the company.

So no I don't have to try again.
    • Up x 2
  6. Hatesphere

but this really has nothing to do with a depreciation of the goods physical state, just its market worth, which can be based on more then an items physical state. the only people who really have a leg to stand on or people who have bought these good within the last 30 days before the "price change"
    • Up x 2
  7. Gnomemercy

I have probably 20 or some camo's and the weapon and vehicle camo to go with them, I'm not looking for a refund but I just find it amusing that you are against SoE giving people an SC refund when the company themselves won't loose anything as the SC currency can't be spent outside of their games and is already bought and paid for.
  8. Hatesphere

If you think that an influx of free currency into digital market will somehow not result in many lost sales I dont know what to say. if they give people a large share of SC back because they effectively decided to change the price for some items, that will result in less sales as people will use that to buy items they would have had to buy new currency for.
  9. Cirevam

This change can only be a win for people like me who have only purchased camo when it was on sale. I don't care if I get free camo out of this or not. It's enough to know that I won't have to pay 15 bucks anymore if I want a full set of camo.
    • Up x 1
  10. vincent-

Dude you shouldn't feel bad on that. I did that with tor mmo and I regret that by far. Going to make the attempt to try and sell that model though and make some money back on it. But if anything it's taught me to never buy those things ever.
  11. WyrdHarper

I doubt they'd give back SC because people buy them on sale, etc, and it would get pretty complicated. I could see them giving out camo vouchers for those of us who have purchased multiples of the same type, which would be pretty cool and a good PR move, but I don't particularly expect it.
  12. Booface

??

Go buy a TV. Wait a few months for the price to go down. Go back to the store outraged that you were ripped off, and demand the difference back. See what happens.
    • Up x 1
  13. control-z

If you didn't like the price when you bought it, you shouldn't have bought it.
    • Up x 1
  14. LibertyRevolution

Why would the refund you? Many items have dropped in price and they never refunded.
  15. LibertyRevolution

Every SC they give out is 1 less SC someone has to buy. You really don't get that?

It hurts them so much they tried to take away the 500SC we get as recurring members.
  16. JudgeNu

no game ever refunds rl cash. rare cases maybe.
  17. DxAdder

SOE can do what they want but if they penalize paying customers at some point people will just stop buying SC and they will all be out of a job.

But I do hope they can find a way to compensate people.
    • Up x 2
  18. Riddlley

My CD for MAG is worthless now, ever since the server shutdown. Why is this any different?
  19. MurderBunneh

Just don't buy any matching camo you will be granted the full set. It is on PTS now I would expect it to go live next week.

It has been confirmed by Higby.http://i.imgur.com/mEsbv4A.png
  20. RF404

---- oops! double post ----
    • Up x 1