VS connery overpop must end

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlephZed, Feb 25, 2014.

1. AlephZed

http://i.imgur.com/9eIXLEU.jpg

48% world vs population. Nearly 50% vs on indar, 55%+ on amerish and esamir.

This is why WDS is broken. 3 more unearned 50% 3 day boosts to the non deserving vs.

Either create a japanese server and move all the japanese players there. Or forcibly redistribute the late night Japanese population to the other two factions randomly so pops are balanced.
    • Up x 2
  2. Santondouah

Ask them to come to Ceres. We've not enough VS.
  3. HadesR

Would be nice to see a break down of awarded WDS points for certain time periods ( IE: 8am - 4pm, 4pm - 12pm ) per server to see if and by how much over population effect's the scores both off peak and prime time ..

Just out of curiosity if nothing else ..
    • Up x 2
  4. Vivicector

Well, TR overpop on Miller must end. C'on, they need 3x the numbers to ever be a danger and they are winning.

Removing the difficulty score modifiers and population modifiers was a bad move really.

Dear SOE!

Let people switch servers on the fly! This will solve all the overpop issues we currently have.

Or at least, lock down a character creation for overpopulated empire completely on the said server.
    • Up x 1
  5. CactusLynx

Night is VS time on Connery due to NC and TR players being north american. Don't like it don't play at 3am.
    • Up x 1
  6. AlephZed

7. Hatesphere

X overpop on Y server needs to stop!
    its not going to.
    • Up x 2
  8. notyourbuddy

Its a West Coast server peeps be sleepin'. What did you expect?

As for WDS score skewing maybe SOE should only activate WDS during realistic timeframes. Say 3pm-midnight on weekdays and 10am-midnight on weekends to prevent the late night ghost zergs from borkin' up the scoreboard. (??)
    • Up x 2
  9. zombielores

VS connery at night have screwed up WDS scores for connery, not by much but you can notice enough to make a difference.
    At night, VS overpop can hit 50-60 regularly and 70 on rare occasions, when WDS pre season 2 just started, NC was in the lead for the first day, then night hit and VS gained 'bout a 5000 score lead, it's not even VS are better, we have 1 elite VS outfit that maybe has 10 people on future crew but most of the time, NC steam rolls everyone even fighting on 2 fronts because there are so many actually orgaNized outfits like 666 DD, 00 recursion, ADK, v0c, and a few smaller ones.
  10. NoctD

Population imbalance will never end - but alerts and WDS just needs to go entirely from the game. They just induce and encourage bad behavior.
    • Up x 1
  11. TheFamilyGhost

SOE has already said that the REAL data does not indicate a problem with overpop.

Regarding racist segregation (apart from being reprehensible): the Asian players have shown themselves to be some of the most capable players on Connery. I truly enjoy playing against them and with them (KOR is TR).

Perhaps your angst is a result of being outplayed instead of being outnumbered. Begging for your tormentors to be removed instead of figuring out a way to beat them fair and square will only hurt you...and the Connery server.

Regarding "realistic time frames", why should this time frame not be for Asian primetime? To suggest that they do not have a right to gaming that we all enjoy is...disturbing.
  12. AnnPerkins

Still doesn't explain why one faction is so stacked. Using the same logic during prime time one faction should have 95% of the players. I can't really respect a faction that has to have literally double the population of any other faction to succeed. 50:25:25. 2:1:1. Some of you somehow translated my lack of respect as disrespect and I feel sorry you feel that way.
  13. CWorth

Not everybody in North America works 9am to 5pm....

I work 2nd shift and get home around midnight and after dinner,shower etc I don't start playing till about 1:30am to about 5am.....so that is my normal playtime.....it needs to end.
    • Up x 1
  14. FieldMarshall

http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=10&zoom=3
  15. Pondera

Tell you what, pal. Instead of locking down my character because of a game mechanic you feel is unfair, how about the idea of the devs refunding all the CERTs and SC I dropped on my VS character, and letting me put it into an NC character? If that option was there, I'd eagerly jump ship to experience something new. Your MAXs are interesting, as are your tanks. Reavers are a touch on the slow side in turns, but..... ESF MOUNTED SHOTGUNS FOR THE LOVE OF VANU!!!

But.... until that mechanic if put firmly in place, I'm going to be against the idea of anything limiting when I can or cannot play something I have put a LOT of time, money, and effort into. I'm sorry that the VS are so overpopulated, seemingly at all hours of the day, and if I'd known that, I'd probably have picked NC as my original main just to take advantage of the overabundance of enemies and because I simply cannot say no to a challenge.
  16. Ballistix

17. AlephZed

Wow miller population is actually fairly balanced. I wish connery looked like that.

Evidence every day shows wds on connery is ruined by VS overpop.

There's no racism here. It's simply a lack of services for Japan/Korea which is surprising as Sony (parent corp.) is a japanese company. People want to play so they'll hop on the best server available to them (connery). Most people speak english on this server, so they want to play with people they can talk to so they all join one faction (VS). Their primetime occurs when the rest of us are asleep, and as a result they end up ghost capping everything or zerging over anyone playing during the night. I can't imagine it's an enjoyable play experience for the VS either, yet they keep doing zerging ghostcaps.

No reason to be insulting now.
  18. Corporate Thug

So the Connery NC with constant over pop during the day time and prime time doesn't affect the WDS? Just because the day time NC have a few guys to shoot doesn't mean that they're not also ghost capping. I rather have good fights during normal hours than to get some boost for crappy gameplay. Stop complaining about the VS when the NC has pop the majority of the day + there are probably servers where each faction has a night time pop advantage, which hopefully balances out.
  19. Corporate Thug

You mean NC steam rolls because they always have a huge pop advantage at every facility due to their server over pop during normal hours, when those organized NC outfits play? It's so bad that most times I log in to play as NC I have to log out because I can't find any fights, just NC zerging and steam rolling. My NC toon on Connery is the only one in an actual outfit and it makes me sad when I can't play because of the over pop. Quit making it seem as if there is some type of effort being exerted when there really isn't.
  20. Akeita

Over pop by 3 - 5% really, that's not too much compare to VS's 50% ghost cap at night time.

And you should be able to realize that the TR always aim for us rather than VS, unless there's an alert going... We're always over pop in day time yet WDS clearly show that VS is way too overwhelming at night, even more than us :) But yea, screaming like this won't help with the pop anyway.