RE: Patch Notes 2/25

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Netsurfer733, Feb 25, 2014.

1. MonkeyCheese

As someone who has spent most of their time ingame on a medic.... I dont like this idea at all.
    • Up x 1
  2. Regpuppy

2-5 minutes? People, as others have said, that's longer than our current 1 minute timer anyway. I won't say 10-15 seconds for either of these is right, but something definitely could do with being changed. Honestly though, I doubt too many outside of outfits/organized squads will notice this change. If anything, Max lovers and people wanting to preserve their KDR's should be the ones upset by this. Others don't tend to stay on the ground long anyway. Especially since in large battles you see medics fighting to be the first to revive people.

You could, and I'm in no way suggesting this seriously, take away the medic's revive ability and it's still be a very formidable class. Between the assault rifles/SMG/shotgun, heal gun, ability to carry C4, and awesome self-heal they're practically a one-man army. A slight nerf to how long people can lay on the ground waiting won't change this. I've actually stopped trying to revive people near me in a decent sized battle anymore just because of how many medics are usually willing to run around and jump on those revives.
  3. VonStalin

This is good decision to cool down zerging. Squad with medic should not be squad of immortal solders. MAX revive should take longer. Because I don't like maxes :)
    One more suggestion.
    Person could be revived only x amount of times. Lets say 3. After third, you don't even appear as dead to medic, you must respawn.
    • Up x 1
  4. Psykmoe

15 seconds really screws over newbie medics who haven't maxed out their tools because they get to hand out fewer rezes and are way worse at recovering a group of allies that just got slaughtered - it cripples both the usefulness and the ability to earn xp of low BR medics. :(
    • Up x 1
  5. kadney

Will this also affect the single use camo's granted with the WDS rewards? Sounds like, if I own 10 Vehicle Camos, I am free to put it either in the vehicle, or the weapon or the armor slot? What exactly does that mean?
  6. HadesR

It's been confirmed that it will go to Live with a 30 second timer..

While this is a much needed change IMO to help counter the rampant Necro it does make me wonder on the reasoning behind it now ..
    It might be a change that's planned to work along side the " Consumable cross class abilities " hinted at by Higby in the last CC .. The example he used was a HA being able to carry a resource cost one off special Medi Kit that would allow the HA to revive one fallen ally.
  7. Bullborn

Way too short revive timer.
    • Up x 1
  8. Crashsplash

I don't see the point of this at all. *shrugs*

Spend the time on some other stuff in my view.
  9. Crashsplash

I half agree.

I can see why they've done it, it would be to get newer players into the action quicker, however the game needs to slow down a touch in some respects to give time for a bit more thoughtfulness.

The big problem with where you spawn on login is when you relogin just after a crash and in this instance you shouldn't need to respawn anywhere you should just be able to pick up where you left off.
  10. JesNC

Re revive change: I like it. Makes dead people stay dead unless there's a medic nearby and should even give a nice buff to performance in big fights.
    • Up x 1
  11. Netsurfer733

Just for my $0.02, I've read a fair bit of your guys posts, and you have indeed convinced me that it is indeed more reasonable to make it less than the 2-5 minute range.

But to those that agree about the 15 and 10 second mark...certainly not; it needs to be more than that. And I simply refer to the people that have already posted about it as to why it's unreasonable (their reasons pretty much hit the nail on the head already, in this thread).

PS-Yeah about those camos, it indeed seems like that one sentence of 'patch note' will have some serious repercussions o.0 (Awesome concept though)
  12. jollybadger

If SOE wants a revive timer, I insist on fixing the revive bugs first.
    Yesterday I was again revived, but stuck on deploy screen. Sucks as a MAX.
    Another point: Apparently it takes the average random hero medic more than 30 seconds to even recognize a corpse. That means you probably won't get revived, unless you are playing in a well organized squad or there is a dedicated (leveled) medic around.
    Yet another point: Imagine you are pulling off a MAX push in a techplant - you'll want to clear it from one end to the other. If a MAX dies, he is done, since the medics have to focus on engis. Immediately reviving MAXes is quite often not an option for smaller groups, because it slows down the progress and gives enemies time to consolidate and react.
    I'll be done soon: There is so much one hit bs in this game that can't be countered... Blind fired decimators, NC MAXes, wreckage that glitches through buildings, team killing (both accidentally and deliberately) by roadkills, shot mines, bad aim, worse C4...
    And let's not forget the random 2 seconds freeze that basically kills you, should you be currently be in a fire fight.
    (Yes I am aware that there was posted a workaround, no it doesn't fix it for me)

Even if SOE would fix the bugs in the game, they can not fix the bugs in the brains. If I would have gotten 1$ for every medic that ran past my corps and a quarter for everytime I was tked, I'd probably be able to buy 51% of Sony by now...
  13. DeadliestMoon

Warpgate will still exist, you just wont login at them.
  14. Regpuppy

Higby said it'd go live with a 30 second timer. Which isn't obscenely far from the 60 second timer we already had, but it'd make a big enough difference.
  15. UKAvenger

Deploy screen on log in, already said it but hate this idea. Do not understand why its being considered.

Medic revive change: I am all for reducing the revive effectiveness in this game. Currently its just too easy and too quick to do it and over all it degenerates the gameplay. If people are not happy with a 15-30s window perhaps they should change things in a different way. The abundance of medics and their effect on the gameplay is something that really does turn me off this game.

The engineer tool has a usage limit. Why not the medical applicator?

Consider. L1 10certs. L2 30certs. L3 50certs. L4 100certs. L5 500certs. This tool is cheap, basic gear is supposed to be crap and most people will have high level gear. People can also supplement healing process with their nano regen device. When looking at certable items, the highest level or top two levels are the only ones of importance in terms of effectiveness in general.

Uncerted: 12 seconds to revive infantry and MAX units. One revive will 'overheat' the tool.
    Heal rate = 40HP/s. Healing generates 12% heat per second.
    Cool down from 100% overheat = 12 seconds.
    Revives infantry to 50%HP. Revives MAX to 5%HP

Level 1: 11 second revive time. One revive will overheat the tool.
    Heal rate = 55HP/s. Healing generates 12% heat per second.
    Cool down from 100% overheat = 9 seconds.
    Revives infantry to 50%HP. Revives MAX to 6%HP

Level 2: 9 second revive time. One revive will overheat the tool.
    Heal rate = 60HP/s. Healing generates 12% heat per second.
    Cool down from 100% overheat = 8 seconds.
    Revives infantry to 60%HP. Revives MAX to 7%HP

Level 3: 8 second revive time. One revive will overheat the tool.
    Heal rate = 70HP/s. Healing generates 12% heat per second.
    Cool down from 100% overheat = 6 seconds.
    Revives infantry to 70%HP. Revives MAX to 8%HP

Level 4: 6 second revive time. One revive will heat the tool to 75%
    Heal rate = 85HP/s. Healing generates 12% heat per second.
    Cool down from 100% overheat = 6 seconds.
    Revives infantry to 80%HP. Revives MAX to 9%HP

Level 5: 5 second revive time (6 on MAX). One revive will heat the tool to 50%
    Heal rate = 100HP/s. Healing generates 12% heat per second.
    Cool down from 100% overheat = 5 seconds.
    Revives infantry to 100%HP. Revives MAX to 12%HP

Any use of the tool during cooldown period halts cool down at current point until action ceases.
    If you try and carry out a revive when the heat level is too high, you cant until it falls to the required level.
    Maximum sustained healing time is 8.3s across all levels. Dont know if L5+ Nanoregen device = godmode for your target. I just made these numbers up as examples.
    Oh yea and keep current ranges/increases per cert level.

You could always make this (and engi tool) ammo dependent. Much like in PlanetSide, which is what i'd prefer but the above is just in keeping with the current engi tool. Nanites could be refilled either automatically by the tool over time or by rearm/ammo packs. Tool could have 100 nanite per mag. Cert levels increase your reserve nanite pool (like having extra mags) or regen rate. Revive and healing use up nanites. Cert levels increase tool efficiency.

Revive grenades should be more expensive and less frequent however the resource change may effect their abundance. If not i'd make the things revive you at 25% HP or less HP on revival if you are further away from the blast center. That or disable the cool down timers on abilities such as your personal shield while your dead on the ground.

Just an idea.
  16. BarxBaron

I have to agree that revive is way too strong at the moment.

It's annoying seeing all your flanking work earased so ez because you didn't get that one medic out of the 7 person slaughter you created by your lonesome.

Changing to 30 sec is perfect.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nickhead420

I really dislike the shortened timeline here, but I'd be ok if they added even 2 seconds of spawn immunity. There's nothing worse than a guy camping dead bodies, waiting for a medic so he can throw out a 'nade during the res, and we click "accept" only to be dead before the screen finishes loading.
  18. DeadliestMoon

Yes it is, now they just have to make it so that its not as "ez" to flank and all will be fair.
  19. robo

If there is a guy camping your body, you shouldn't accept the rez. In fact, if your medic cared about your enjoyment instead of his revive points, he would say "Guys, don't accept this rez, your bodies are camped".

I'm not trying to say your medic's a terrible person, but in my opinion you shouldn't get spawn immunity in a situation where the smart play is simply not spawning. Spawn immunity from revives counters good gameplay like you describe - a guy waiting patiently to make sure the dead people on the ground stay dead. If the whole squad came back up around him with 2 seconds of spawn immunity, that would be bad for gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  20. Gammit