Changes ; Under Construction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ADps2, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Rikkit

But wait, you mean a baby-blue bra on a man is aesthetically to anyone? Wow, now I'am confused.
    • Up x 5
  2. John_Aitc

You will be happy to have the bra once we get out Implants, though!
    • Up x 4
  3. EmperorPenguin5

We greatly appreciate your post on the forums letting us know of these changes.

Now if we could just get a word from the coding department that's tweaking the physics......
    Any chance you could get one of them on next command center?(whatever you call the show you do that is either named that or similarly..)
    Pretty please....
  4. Codex561

go play BSGO. Its exactly that
  5. VaIhall

Don't use short names for games that sucks chances are people don't know what it mean, like me.
  6. Codex561

pro tip: Google it.
    or go to http://bsgo.com
  7. Dieter Perras

What I would really like is that all the camos that look blue go to the NC and all the camos that look purple go to vanu.

I'm so sick of turning the corner and accidently shooting a friendly who's wearing the hostiles colors.:mad:
    • Up x 2
  8. Erilis

I think the combination of the thigh pad armor cutting off at where short-shorts would be and the tight white material around the crotch are what really make it feminine or at least sexual. The blue stripes lining the crotch draw the eye there.

I did this quickly in photoshop.
    [IMG]
    I moved the blue bra up to the shoulders leaving the pectoral armor plain white. The blue shoulder pads I think give the impression of epaulettes making him look stronger and more militaristic.
    The thigh pads were moved to the sides (getting rid of the short-shorts or "thigh highs") and I added an armor pad at the groin. Just an example of how the designs can look a little more masculine. Anyway, I don't think anyone is asking for too much ADps2; this would be a small change on some outfits I think.

Still, I don't think it's a major issue, and I appreciate all you and the team are working on.
    • Up x 2
  9. ncDieseL

Any news on if this is getting fixed? I purchased this camo over xmas and now it looks totally different to how it was when I purchased it. I'm tempted to just ask for my SC back. It's definitely made me think twice about buying SC items.
  10. infpwned

CHANGES: Right the current bonus is based on the continent population, i'm talking about a flat world population XP increase as well as the continent increase. The problem were having on matherson is other factions come to the TR because they have more targets to shoot at and it gets boring ghost capping. So what they are doing is joining the TR until and alert or something important comes up and then they transfer over to their main accounts. Alt counts are fine and fun but we need something more concrete.
  11. Zazen

Seriously T-Ray, this is the most important thing. You have two very desirable cosmetic types that are mutually exclusive, major design oversight.

I make good money and view my expenditures on this game as a way to support continued development for a game I love, but even I have not bought any infantry decals because of the failure to stack over armor. If you have an internal priority for this stuff and you want to get on the bean counters' good side, absolutely make this change first.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheBlazing

Can you please optimize texture usage without making everything look ugly? I don't have too much experience in texturing but I can't see how reusing the same generic NS texture everywhere will get you any significant improvement, you will reduce the space needed to load them but they will still need to be displayed on the surfaces.

I have heard this conspiracy theory according to which the game is getting graphically nerfed to allow the Playstation 4 to run it at max seeings. Please prove to us that this isn't true. (And you could simply run the "graphically nerfed" version on PS4 and leave the normal version to PCs)
  13. Bindlestiff

I gotta ask T-Ray - do you honestly think hand on heart that visual fidelity has not been reduced? For me, running ultra textures looks amazing in parts and downright ugly in others; buildings and parts of vehicles (covered with camo) look pixelated and quite frankly, trash. Ultra should mean exactly that - Ultra. We should be positively blown away by the crisp detail of everything, even up close. At times some of the building interior and exterior textures wouldn't look out of place on Duke Nukem or Doom.

I know it isn't a massive issue, since most people who play this game want to consider themselves 'pro gamers' and are therefore playing with the absolute minimum detail possible, but there are others who want to play the game AND have it looking great too. In the main, it does, but falls short in others which make it look shoddy.

C'mon man. Give us PROPER ultra please, whether that is fixing the textures or a bug with LOD.
    • Up x 2
  14. iPlague

Here's one thing a lot of players would like. ACTUAL GUNGAME BALANCE. How about you add that to the list.
  15. Nitrobudyn

My proposition:
    [IMG]

1. this is how it looks now.
    3. My personal favourite.
    4-5. the chest is mostly behind the gun, so there can be some more fraction color there.

The colour was taken from NC logo and imo it fits better.
    (originally posted in February - Infiltrator Update)
    • Up x 8
  16. Astraka

Number three looks amazing. Would be very happy to have that pattern (and color!) for my NC Infiltrator.
    • Up x 3
  17. FIN Faravid

Can`t wait to have both Grey cracked earth camo and enviroment specific camo on my armor :)
    EDIT: Can i have 2 camos on my infantry armor too, or only vehicle armor?
  18. Erilis

3 is awesome, and I think it matches the NC style pretty well. (boxy shapes)
    • Up x 4
  19. Locke

Agreed
  20. Bruhja

then lets do it democraticly hmmm?