Possible to have new semi auto sniper rifle?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by applecherry, Feb 24, 2014.

1. applecherry

Hi,

I have been a beta player before the game was release and currently, there are only 2 semi-auto sniper rifles developed as compared to the bolt-action. I am hoping to have more variety for the semi autos. I don't consider the crossbow a real semi auto sniper rifle as I think that weapon is just a novelty and only cater to certain niche play style. I have tried using the bolt action and other rifles and carbines and I have to admit I am not really good at it at all. Thus, I only stick to the semi auto sniper rifle and I am getting bored of it... I am sure there are other people that are in similar circumstances that hope to have more variety of the semi-auto sniper rifle. I wonder why are there so many new bolt action rifle but little to no semi auto sniper rifles...Thanks for reading...

Regards,
    Natalie

[IMG]
  2. Amundsenkalmah

There's a NS semi-auto sniper rifle planned.
    You can try it on the test server (is the least ready so is bugged).
    Also there are 3 semi-auto right?
  3. starlinvf

Its kind of counter productive though, since Sniping is defined by a niche set of criteria. Then theres the DMRs and Semi-auto scout rifles that are supposed to fill the mid-range category. We basically have 2 types of Semi-auto snipers.... ones that use high powered scopes, and the one that uses low power sights. Neither of these have same kind of usability as the Bolts do over 75m, as follow up shots are a pain in the butt. I would argue the low powered semi sniper are better suited as battle rifles, as they have the raw damage and the lack of sway helps with follow up shots.
  4. Paperlamp

There's an NS one in the works, but it's going to be very, very similar to the existing ones unless they change the stats more.
  5. _Neko_

Wow, a polite thread in this forum? :eek:
    A nice change from all these troll/flame-threads^^

Well, jokes aside: Currently there are two semi-auto sniper rifles (using NC names here):
    One for long ranges (Gauss SPR) and one for short ranges (Impetus).

There also is a semi auto scout rifle (Shadow), which is even better in short ranges.

The new NS "sniper" is rather a scout rifle than a sniper.
    If you look at the stats the new rifle won't add anything new to the game: (They really need to improve it :()

[IMG]

Regards,
    Silulu^^
  6. applecherry

I am Extremely disappointed. If your data is accurate, then it a direct downgrade from the sniper rifle category to the scout rifle category. I was really hoping for at least a gauss SPR equivalent or a sidegrade.

[IMG]
  7. Cinnamon

The new NS sniper rifle on test will be different if it is released as is. The hip fire accuracy and laser sight makes it like a semi auto shotgun only better. Will be pretty great for people who play infiltrator only short range and were always jealous of other classes getting shotguns before they were nerfed.
  8. Psykmoe

The NS rifle also has 0.75x ADS speed. I'm looking forward to it, since I don't mind the semi-automatic scout rifles. They just buffed the empire specific ones (used to have the same velocity and minimum damage as NS, see screenshot above) to differentiate a it I guess.

And the NS rifle looks pretty good.
  9. phreec

10. _Neko_

Infiltrator only? There goes the only reason I would have had to buy it... :(

Also you forgot to add:

• faster bullet speed (before it was 500 m/s, now it's 520 m/s. ES SA scouts are at 550 m/s)
    • Up x 1
  11. Unclematos7

12. Amundsenkalmah

If you want a new sniper like the SPR then...
    VS is having a new rifle, shade, is semi auto but with a charge mechanic to make a "bolt action" shot
  13. z1967

I was really hoping that the new NS rifle would be all classes (except MAX obviously) to create more diverse load-outs as opposed to the usual pigeon holing.