Can anyone convince me that the EM1 is not useless?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BeyondNInja, Feb 15, 2014.

1. KnightCole

But the EM6 also has Exmag...whats the damage per mag there? 167x200? lol 33400dmg?

Ill give it 3 up sides.

It sounds cool and is a very fun gun to fire and it is very controllable. But past that...meh.
  2. Corezer

The perk is its spray. You can let off about a 65 round burst before the cone goes eratic.
  3. KnightCole

Sad part is you will need that many to kill anyone.
    • Up x 1
  4. Corezer

no, that's just silly

it does make it decent for suppression tho

People always get on it for not having super high DPS. It doesn't need it, ur a heavy...
  5. BeyondNInja

I think the issue there is that for most people support/suppression gun = assist machine.
  6. Jogido

It's a preference thing more than anything else. If you like it then cool....if not, then whatever.

I liked it a lot pre laser nerf and. I'll have to revisit it again post laser nerf to see how it feels now.
  7. repairtool6

After pu2 it has been made to the very best NC LMG to put a suppressor on. Very high velocity.

Forgrip, softpoint, supressor.

Imo this loadout is its sole purpose ( even though its not as bad in other roles either like some always argue)
  8. AssaultPig

it doesn't really excel at anything other than having a lot of bullets in the magazine; as a short-ish range run and gun weapon I'm not sure why you'd use it over the anchor or the jackhammer, and at medium range it's outclassed by the SAW S/EM6.

I don't really understand the talk of 'suppression' as something that's terribly useful. Cones on LMGs go to crap too quickly to really use them for that purpose (aside from the lasher anyway.)

ed: I guess it's velocity is quite nice now, but that doesn't seem too relevant for a gun that seems to be a short/mid range type of weapon
  9. Pikachu

It looks pretty.i finally got purple medal on it and now its back to gd22s. Awsunch nice firing sound it has compared to em1. Just ugly gimmicky grips. Anyway I wont miss you em1. I miss nc6.
  10. lilleAllan

I have auraxium'ed SAW, EM6 and GD-22S and am using EM1 for funsines and out of masochism.

The velocity buff was pretty great. But I find the recoil a bit too wonky to use at longer ranges.

It looks cool and reloads fast.

That said, the EM6 is still a better gun. Better DPS, more dmg/shot, more dmg/mag. Adv Laser /SPA was basically the only thing, the EM1 had over the EM6 and then they nerfed the hipfire T_T
  11. CptFirelord

Boohoo EM1 is.. not useless.

Faster velocity than the Carv-S (worst LMG in game)
    Faster reload than Carv-S (worst LMG in game)

So it's not 'useless'.. just not 'good' like the EM6 or God Saw.
  12. Antich

Wait a second. Faster velocity(650 vs 600 if i am not mistaken which is in sniper rifle muzzle velocity .. and no, scout rifles are worse) is nothing for a close/medium range weapon and the faster reload is it and it isn´t a problem for a weapon that has 100 bullets. Not to say that the higher rof for the carv-s = the carv will actually shoot 100 bullets and reload faster then the em1. Which takes us to the rof that actually gives the carv-s an advantage(dependant on accuracy 1 or 2 bullets in a normal engagement at same damage, same accuracy stats, etc).
    So being worse then the worst LMG in game makes it what?
  13. CptFirelord

14. TheKhopesh

He kills only two people over BR 50 in this video.

The majority were below BR 30.
    • Up x 1
  15. Nakar

See? The EM1 is so powerful that high-BR players fear to even fight against it!
    • Up x 2
  16. KnightCole

The question would really be, how many did he kill that were not even firing back at him.
  17. Corezer

The answer would really be, if your opponent fights back, you screwed up.
  18. Bankrotas

EM1 for me was easiest headshot weapon in the game. I have practically highers HS ration of all my LMGs and maybe all automatic weapons.
  19. Epic High Five

STATISTICS!
  20. KnightCole

Well, the game gave it to me for that questionnaire, so I guess I will reluctantly play with it a bit to see if i can make it work.

Ive currently got

Suppressor/SPA/x1/ALS on it...idk....