Double exp end time...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuperLexatron, Feb 23, 2014.

1. SuperLexatron

So does anyone know when this double exp will end? SOE are gracious enough to not even announce this offically, let alone give us a time when it will end...

So when does double exp normally end? Just typing this I find it hilariously terrible I am asking the community, and not the offical devs/staff... (perhaps i should tweet them :rolleyes:)

(preferably in GMT)
  2. SuperLexatron

Hahahahaha it ended at midnight GMT.

You're willing to give EU double exp weekend according to their time schedule (as i've just learned, double exp should go through to about 6pm tomorrow) but of course, not willing to give maintenance/patch times according to EU times.

Not to mention a lot of people only found out about this double exp through word of mouth because you didn't announce it and not to mention the server logins have been ****** stopping people from even using double exp but now, it's not a normal double exp weekend, it is literally 48 hours which has never been the case before.

Can we please have EA instead of SOE? o_O

Edit: If anyone from SOE even bothers to read this, 15 month subscriber, spent too much on SC - i'm done - no more. You got my money, GJ.
    • Up x 1
  3. Phazaar

What the ****?! There's a double xp weekend?

Radar, you've failed catastrophically on your first damned task. Literally, I've refreshed the forums each day to see if there's anything worth logging in for (and trying to put up with how bad Miller is right now), and nothing. Now I find out at the end of the weekend that there's been double xp running?

That's a joke.
    • Up x 3
  4. Locke

EA would just talk about how it's only a minority of customers having the problem and do nothing. At least SOE did something to try and apologise for the problems... taking them to task on minor stuff like the end time probably discourages them from bothering in the future. Most people would not benefit from a 12pm-6am extension anyway because they have work, education etc.

I do agree on the lack of information. If one thing SOE need to sort out it's a consistent way of communicating with their audience. Finding information on this game is a virtual treasure hunt on Twitter, FNO, Command Centre, Twitch, Reddit and these forums.
  5. WyrdHarper

It's clearly your fault for not stalking Twitter enough. Clearly players have nothing better to do than sift through details of Higby's life in order to find out details about events.
    • Up x 2
  6. SuperLexatron

Yup, you missed it. My guess is, from a community point of view they didn't announce it to avoid the inevitable ******** that would come from American players.

This is literally the only thing on the website from an official that (barely) mentioned the double exp (and when I saw it, it was at the bottom of second page in the wrong sub-forum for announcements, not to mention player-created):

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/double-xp-weekend-for-eu-servers.174398/

Add on the fact that during most of this evening, EU players have struggled to login (taking up to 2 hours at a time) ... well you get the picture. The occasional awesome gameplay can only keep me interested so long. This level of 'community support' is enough to throw me back onto BF4 (Yes, BF4 - the most unreliable - or at least second most unreliable - game by the devil company EA)

Blows my mind how the devs are so mindful of EU times when it comes to a double exp weekend, but not when it comes to patching.
    • Up x 1