The Annihilator is now the best anti-air launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Accuser, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Accuser

While the -real- G2A launcher had its trajectory nerfed to the point that it rarely hits anything, the Annihilator retains the old tracking mechanic. If you get a lock with the Annihilator, you WILL hit the target unless it flares or gets out of range.

Looks like SOE hadn't sold enough of them yet, so enjoy its functional lock on mechanic while you can.
  2. IamDH

I honestly hope you arent referring to the striker.

If an ES weapon is going to have similar functions to NS or regular weapons then its simply going to be stronger hence OP. They must come up with new concepts otherwise it will suck. I'm certain that TR werent happy to have a lock on launcher as an ES weapon and im even more sure that it was unpleasant for NC/VS because it had to be stronger than all other lock-ons.

----------
    Unless i am mistaken, Anni should not function like this and you pretty much alerted us all so it will get fixed. Merci boaucoup
  3. Reavx

Functional.
    Don't make me laugh.
    The old G2A could sail around obstacles like crazy, the ultimate in no skill crap.
    I can understand why they buffed the velocity of them I used to out run them all the time but if you want velocity you lose this super AI controlled mega rocket that can sail around mountains and obstacles as if they did not exist.
    You see the phoenix having that sort of maneuverability? Or Engs mana turrets? The turrets are good but nothing compared to this glitched looking ******** mechanic.
    I'm glad its nerfed and I hope the Anh is nerfed too, nothing should be so damn easy to use and hold down air and an area with impunity.
    At least with bursters and sky guard you have to lead and aim.
    Or if you want super rockets, great solution! Spend resources for them, that way they will work but no one will spam them like nuts. You don't see C4 fairys jumping from tank to tank bombing them in one run with the help of an ammo pack, no they have to resupply and there is finnate amount of uses.
    Seriously...
  4. Meccar

Annihilator has always been the best AA launcher simply by virtue of the fact that it has a shorter reload than the ES ones while having the same damage & velocity.
  5. Accuser

But now it will also hit the target FAR more consistently than the standard G2A launcher.

What?
    The standard G2A launchers are the Grounder/Hawk/Nemesis for TR/NC/VS respectively. But yes, the Annihilator is also better than the Striker.

I don't think I've been hit with a standard G2A launcher since the change, and that's despite not using AB tanks or flares. As a pilot, it seems much less effective than it should be.

If it needed a nerf, it should have had its damage reduced while maintaining the ability to actually hit targets.

Anyway, the point of this post is to point out that the Annihilator is now better for anti-air, not to argue the merits of the G2A nerf. The ridiculousness of that situation is my main point.
  6. IamDH

My apologies. I was unsure about which "real G2A"
    you were referring to
  7. Drudid

oh lol this thread again, yes yes magic right angle turning noclip rockets have been nerfed slightly-SLIGHTLY so that air can now use cover, and suddenly the weapons are unusable and broken? o_O quit complaining this increases the effect skill has on the game. for both sides

if you are so bad that you fire lockons when an enemy is nearly in cover thats your own fault, adapt and stop crying about how lockons "dont function" when they work perfectly fine as is.
  8. Accuser

I didn't think there was a thread pointing out that the Annihilator is the best G2A launcher. Do you think that should continue to be the case? Seems like it's kind of OP to me.
  9. MedecineMan

Standard G2A launchers do lock on a fair bit faster than the annihilator close up, and can also be used to hit close ground targets.
    • Up x 1
  10. Drudid

i apologise if that was the intent of this thread, i assumed it was merely a buff thread for the other launchers, if that is the case then yes ani needs to be put on the same level as the other launchers

sorry about any wrong assumptions and inconveniences i may have caused