Farewell and Welcome to RadarX PlanetSide 2's New Community Manager

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

Auraxians,

It’s been a long journey. Through the creation of the game, to Alpha, Beta and updates galore, I have enjoyed your company, but as with all good things…They must come to an end…Kind of. =P

I’ll still be fighting the good fight on Auraxis and doing streams like Friday Night Ops and Community Clash, but you’ll be seeing less of me in general as I’ll be heading over to Norrath to be the Community Manager of EverQuest 2.

RadarX will be returning to relay your lovely ideas to the Development Team and vice verse. I expect you all to welcome him with guns blazing and huzzahs all around! Although be certain you let him know, despite the fact that “victory is his tradition,” y’all run the show. ;)

Feel free to keep in touch with me via Twitter or any of my other contact locations.

Thank you all for the great times and memories!

Good hunting,
    • Up x 53
  2. RadarX

If you played PlanetSide 2 around launch I’m probably not an unfamiliar name but if you didn't, as Luperza mentioned I’ll be working once again with the amazing PlanetSide 2 community.

I’ve been poking around Twitter, the forums and Reddit the past few days to get a feel for things and it delights me to see you aren’t a bit less passionate than I remember about gameplay issues.

Luperza will still be around doing Friday Night Ops and a few other livestream projects but what does it mean that I’m your community manager?

First it’s my job to know what the vocal community is thinking and saying which means I'm going to read as many of your thoughts as physically possible. We have tools that help us do this but it still means a lot reading. Obviously those who aren’t vocal I haven’t worked out a system using psychic powers yet so I encourage you if you aren't comfortable on the forums to drop me a PM, a tweet , or grab my attention on Reddit.

Second it’s my job to communicate as much information as I can to as many people as possible. Sometimes I can answer your question and sometimes I can’t but my goal is to make sure you know we've seen it.

I look forward to the near future of PlanetSide 2 as the team has some exciting things in store for you. See all of you on the battlefield!
    • Up x 45
  3. Blarg20011

But seriously, welcome back Radar!
    • Up x 14
  4. Dezik

Welcome Back Radar!
    • Up x 2
  5. Nihil

;'(

Well we know you won't go far. And you're always welcome to run with Ghosts of the Revolution when you want a PS2 fix. You've done great work dealing with a crowd that is often... difficult. Best of luck in Norrath!
    • Up x 1
  6. Wezdor

Aww, we'll miss you Purple Community Girl! But welcome back RadarX, hope to see your name in as many threads as possible :)
    • Up x 6
  7. ItZMuRdA

Well this came as quite the surprise for me at least...

At any rate, quite sad to hear about your "farewell" from the PlanetSide 2 community, Maggie, though I am glad that you will still be around on #PS2FNO and the like. I feel like we've become pretty good friends over the past year or two and I hope that continues on, so please do be in touch. Best of luck with everything EQ-related!

That all said, I'm glad to see a familiar face in RadarX and happy to welcome him back with open arms. The same goes for both of you: please feel free to reach out to me if I can ever be of any assistance with anything whatsoever, and I hope to get to know Tony better as well, despite our clashing feelings when it comes to polar bears. :)

- Murda
    • Up x 11
  8. Zorro

Alas, you were a champion among Planetside 2's community! I hope that Everquest 2 will hold you in even greater esteem.
    • Up x 3
  9. Whizzmaster

I'm sad to see you go, Luperza, but I hope you have a good time with the EQ2 department.
    In any case, welcome back, RadarX! It's good to have a Terran on our side in the community department.
    • Up x 2
  10. cawsking555

• Up x 1
  11. nikev21

We will miss you Luperza, hardest working gal in the gaming biz, good luck in the new job!
    • Up x 1
  12. Jaybo H

:(

Going to miss you. Hope you will still stream PS2 now and then.

Congrats Radar X! Hang in there, the Auraxians can be a rowdy bunch.
    • Up x 2
  13. Dogen

Best of luck to you Luperza, you will be missed.
    • Up x 2
  14. xboxerdude

The girliest thing on planetside now is basch
  15. MrUnimport

Here's hoping for a return to in-character patch notes.

Glad we'll still be seeing you on FNO and CC!
    • Up x 3
  16. InvitroCanibal

Good Luck to you, Is this a demotion though :( I didn't know there was a community for Everquest 2
  17. RadarX

Absolutely not a demotion for her. She's been working on PlanetSide 2 a really long time and we as Community Managers move between games to stay fresh and ensure we have a broad skill set.

EverQuest 2 isn't as busy as PlanetSide 2 but she's going to spend that time trying new things with FNO and other similar projects.
    • Up x 10
  18. Alarox

RadarX is a cool dude. I don't mind this.
    • Up x 6
  19. Locke

Best of luck to both of you in your new positions :)! Don't be a stranger to PS2 Luperza you have done a really good job of representing the game to a tough crowd.
    • Up x 1
  20. Feydakin

[IMG]

Just kidding, change is scary! Good luck to both of you in your new positions! Welcome back RadarX! Maggie can't get rid of me that easily... I will see you on stream and I might even play EQ2 again. ;)
    • Up x 4