Artemis, Eridani or Sirius?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by samiodalati132, Feb 21, 2014.

1. samiodalati132

So.. lately I've decided rolling a vanu character and.. as an infiltrator I thought of a few stuff,
    since sniping isn't my profession.. out of the three empire specific weapons, Artemis, Eridani and Sirius I believe,
    which is the best in your point of view? and also any tip or hint about the difference between laser sight and advanced laser sight? P.S: I prefer close to medium quarter combat and totally hates unpredictable recoil.
  2. CerebralLOLsy

You have to buy laser sight before you can buy adv. laser. Always use advanced laser, it is just an upgraded laser sight.

I have a Sirius and Artemis build. Artemis has better range and accuracy at the expense of ammo and rate of fire, I use this in wide open sections. Once I get to CQC locations I switch to my Sirius and just hipfire. I prefer it to Eridiani since being able to hold 50 rounds helps with killing multiple enemies without reloading.
  3. AccelPrime

I have 500+ kills with both the Sirius & Artemis and I can tell you that they're both great, but cater to different playstyles.

Right now I think a highly versatile combo is using the Sirius along with the newly released Crossbow, that way you'll have a primary that wrecks at close range, and a secondary that can be quite good at medium range, although it requires a lot of skill. The difference between the two laser sights is just that you'll be more accurate if you buy the advanced as well, which is a good thing ;).

Throw in an EMP grenade into your setup, and you can really do some work.
    • Up x 1
  4. samiodalati132

Thanks guys for the useful info out there! <3
  5. Freedym Fry

Artemis is more of a sniper smg. I like eridani with extended mags or sirius with laser. Both are good. Sirius is probably the safer choice though.
  6. Jawarisin

Well, personnaly I've got the Auraxium on the sirius, the artemis, the eridani, the pdw, and the cyclone (SMG-wise). Personnaly, my favorite is the eridani, I love the light speed reload combined with the amazing TTK.

Artemis just lacks power at CQC, although it's a massive killer at medium range. Sirius is a bullet hose, but it has a long reload. Eridani is my favorite right now.

adv laser sight is the same as a laser sight, but better, more precise.

If you can keep your crosshair on the person, or if you like to have the possibility to ADS, the eridani is better. If you're unsure of your aiming skills, or you know it's a suicide mission and you'll only have time for 1 clip, the sirius is better.
  7. ironeddie

I loved the eridani but due to its tiny clip size you do need to use extended mags, which can be be limiting. So because of its larger clips I'd have to recommend the sirius for hip fire cqc fun.
  8. Adeon

Eridani(Extended Mag + Silencer) for close stealth combat. Artemis(Forward grip + Compensator) for medium range and teamplay.
  9. Dramonicous

Artemis Sirius Yes.
    Eridani NO! Avoid like the plague.

Sirius have almost identical dps (very slightly lower) as Eridani and it also have a 50 round magazine, which puts its damage per magazine far beyond that of Eridani.

Artemis
    Put a HSNV or 2x sight, Compressor, Riflegrip and your golden, always aim for head within 50m.

Sirius
    HSNV, Suppressor, Riflegrip (Yes you heard me), soft ammo.
    Hipfire is still very good while using riflegrip, and the benefits of using ADS with it are massive.
  10. samiodalati132

Thanks guys, I guess my next goal will be the Sirius. c:
  11. KO-tic

Sirius is absolutely pathetic at med range

i would get the pdw if I were you
  12. ST4LK3R

A good choice. Get advanced laser sight+suppressor+ 1x or 2x reflex sight+ soft point ammo. If you are adsing with Sirius, you are doing it wrong. I don't like Eridani because of its low magazine size. Only get it if you are collecting Auraxium for all smgs.
  13. Ravenorth

Its time for you to get Sirius.
    • Up x 1
  14. Astraka

The Eridani is the sexiest weapon in the game. Keep this in mind.
  15. Jawarisin

Eridani!

It's forcegrip, and just because I don't like what you said, I'll point out how wrong it is. Laser sight is better for hip fire, you shouldn't ADS EVER with the sirius, read the guy below. And your comparaison for damage is meaningless, it's like If I said: Specter> Parallax, the specter has 10 ammos, putting it's damage way beyond the Parallax.

Eridani! I get to kill 2 peoples per clip easily, 3 if they are standing still or running towards me. I reload so fast, It feels like I got infinite bullets.

Yes/No, you don't need to use extended mags. 25 bullets are way ennough to kill 2 peoples, 3 if you aim for the head. In fact, it works so well that with the cyclone on my NC alt (Eridani equivalent), I've got nearly 2000 kills, I'm rated S in kph, which stands for Suspicious (highest possible, 1/10 000 player gets that). It works pretty darn well :).

+1, so true. It's slim, elegant, powerfull, but has a soft heart.
  16. ST4LK3R

Might as well use a Beamer or just throw a stick if your standard of good weapon = being able to kill 2 enemies who are standing still or running towards you.
  17. cruczi

He said 3, not 2. But your point stands
  18. Rigsta

The Eridani looks really nice and is better at short (as opposed to CQ) range than the Sirius thanks to its more predictable recoil and better damage falloff. The fast reload is nice, but I always feel like it's a necessity rather than a bonus, needing to reload after more or less every kill. The small magazine restricts the rail slot choice to extended mags in most cases.

In short: If you're always really accurate, or fight at just outside CQ range often the Eridani has an edge over the Sirius in terms of time-to-kill. However, you'll probably find that under normal circumstances ie. enemies who sprint dodge when they take fire you'll struggle to get two kills per reload unless you take extended mags.

The Sirius looks a bit OTT but still good, and is a CQ beast. It has a faster RoF and larger magazine, freeing up the rail slot for an advanced laser or forward grip, whichever fits you better. It has random left-right recoil, which is harder to compensate for. The major difference in playstyle is that you don't have to reload nearly so often, but you do need to think before hitting R as the reload is relatively long.

I prefer the Sirius overall. I always feel that it has a better ability to deal with unexpected situations like an extra guy running around the corner. Their TTK under ideal circumstances is identical, btw.

Wrel did a great review of the VS SMGs here:

As for the Artemis it's a solid weapon at short & medium range but will be out-gunned by other weapons at closer ranges. It's very accurate.

Make sure to play with them in VR and trial each weapon before you unlock one.
  19. cruczi

What really sets it apart from any SMG is that it's noise profile when suppressed is much softer and quieter. Can't say the same about the automatic scout rifles of the other two factions
  20. Tentakewls

By your description of your playstyle I'd recommend the Artemis or the Eridani ( maybe the NS7-PDW too ). Sirius is a great bullet how but that's all it is, it's terrible past 10 meters and has very unpredictable recoil. Most people hate the Eridani because it used to be terrible but it got buffed on PU2 and it's a very solid gun now, especially if you are buying it for infiltrator use only.