My two cents on DasAnfall

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trudriban, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Posse

Hey, that's only me!
  2. Epic High Five

3. Posse

4. Corporate Thug

I made a TR character on Mattherson just for that super underpop. I enjoy punching lame zergers in the face when they least expect a fight. I started off by being pretty bad with like a .6 K/D until I realized that besides my crappy comp, I would never improve if I kept playing in zergs or steam rolling with little resistance. I started to just Leroy in the name of fun and vastly improved to where I can do well in most situations. You just have to keep trying and don't stop putting yourself in situations that you think are hopeless.

Just spawn solo or with a couple others at 12-24 fights and don't be scared to attack, eventually you will improve to a point where more things are enjoyable. If my faction isn't outnumbered then I don't even spawn, unless absolutely necessary, like needing that base for a good fight elsewhere. Mattherson is a bit different in that the pop is pretty low, but I come from Connery where pretty much every "fight" is a steam roll. You will adapt as long as you keep trying. Attacking bases with lower pop is the ultimate in fun, IF you can maintain your spawn points. The key is to slow down and analyze when you aren't doing well, instead of trying to overpower, like pulling a meh max or shot gun, try flanking or using a weapon that excels in specific situations and try to force those situations on your opponent. The best player I've ever come across played on Connery and his name was Glorin, he and his group were pretty good and taught me a lot...I eventually absorbed more than just bullets from fighting them :p Don't be afraid to face players better than you, because you can only improve. Last time I encountered Glorin it was 3 for 3, though I am still no where near his level, I can at least hold my own thanks to those a*s kickings.
  5. CaptHaddock

I spent a long time without an outfit, just randomly attacking/defending.

The biggest challenge wasn't the individual players, it's that there are 2, 5, 10 of the outfit 'lone-wolfing' together. When you are surrounded by people that seem unable to see and shoot, vs. being surrounded by top players, it makes a huge difference. It's fantastic to not get randomly shot in the back (more often from a friendly), get repaired, get healed, and have fire support.

There is a big difference when I'm off doing my own thing vs. squad'ing up with a couple of outfit members. Not much to do except focus on situational awareness and try maximize any opportunity you can gather by shooting first. PS2 has a relatively low TTK, if you can land 2-3 bullets first, any player will have a tough time recovering.
  6. Epic High Five

• Up x 1
  7. sustainedfire

The title should have been my 2 certs.

And I have suspicions about DA. Certain members do ridiculous moves and pull off stupid kills. One person in particular, I can empty almost an entire smg clip into their back at close range, and they will turn around and 2 hit kill me with an inappropriate regularity.
  8. AuntLou42

I would be honored to have DasAnFall on Connery. Playing Planetside unchallenged would get pretty boring. Thankfully we have great outfits like TRG and Recursion that oppose us on Connery. You have to take it as a challenge and as an opportunity to learn something. Every time you go against DasAnfall your not allowed to blindly walk straight at the point without dieing right? Start evolving your play man, start learning their strats and counter them appropriately.
  9. Corporate Thug

Can be issues with your client. I occasionally have issues damaging other players. Just a few days ago I unloaded a clip into some dude and he took no damage, I thought I was desynced and just tried to run away and wait it out, but he just shot me in my back and killed me. Point blank range and directly aiming at his face, yet no damage. I killed him before that and several times after so I know it wasn't something that he was doing to cause me to not register hits. It happens to me off and on, and has been this way for months. Having the same issue against the same person consistently does seem fishy, If you are 100% certain you weren't missing, but stranger things have happened. In a video by Wrel there was one incident where he threw a sticky nade on a player and saw it detonate, yet the player didn't die and told Wrel that it missed him on his screen.

Edit: There was also a time where I couldn't hurt anyone for hours on end. I saw a friend and told him, he couldn't believe it until I saw him crouched and stalking some NC on his TR char and I walked up behind him with my VS and unloaded like 15 shots into his back, then knifed at point blank range...he casually turned around and killed me and sent me a tell stating how ******** my problem is and how awful it must be. Everything else was updating normally, no people walking in the air or invisible, yet I just couldn't damage other players.
  10. OneRedBlock

DasAnfall are MLG heroes of Mattherson. <3 <3 <3
  11. Meeka

Actually, a new pilot can learn to fly in a sky full of aces.

I'm not an ace, I get shot down by most really skilled pilots, but I've still learned to fly pretty damn good and get a decent number of air to air kills... when I started flying I realized I wasn't good enough to fly alone. So, I flew in a group... engaged in battle with air groups. That is where you can learn to reasonably fly without worries of getting solo'd out of the sky so easily. Now, I can decently solo with most pilots, just not with the best of them yet.
  12. Get2dachoppa

I've played enough PvP online games to recognize this phenomenon. Its what I call "being a victim of your own success". Get enough exceptional players together into one dominating, organized group and eventually no one wants to fight them anymore because its no fun losing to them over and over again. As more and more people start to recognize this group and avoid them, then the group itself starts lamenting how it can't find any good fights anymore. That's how it always seems to go.
  13. Ender

That's why we have an NC outfit, a TR outfit, a VS outfit on Waterson, and an VS outfit on Connery too :)
  14. jak

I would say that we traditionally look for fights where we're outnumbered, so you're probably not seeing us because A) we've left the hex for a few varied reasons or B) no defenders responded.

In the case of A, we often don't finish a cap for a few reasons - first, the VS have a tendency to zerg the **** out of anything that moves, so we move on when they're busy...tactically suppressing...defenders. We may also leave if we see areas where VS are severely outnumbered, so we try to go break those assaults before they get out of hand. PS2 has a time range when it's viable to save a base that's closely related to the enemy population assaulting the facility, so we have to move quickly. Most of us are high BR, so we don't really care about capture points...we care about shooting bad guys.

The B case is pretty self explanatory. We're not online to do territory grabs and pat ourselves on the backs for having 16 liberators, 8 vanguards, and a herd of lightnings camping a spawn room. We actually enjoy the shooting people part of the game.

Now, we will fairly often take bases that set up fights or pull the other factions away from where they're concentrated. In the end, we do concentrate quite a bit on defense, but that's more a symptom of looking for good action. Most of us don't consider fighting 1-12 with 48+ as the definition of good action.
    • Up x 6
  15. LibertyRevolution

I have watched DA streams, these are a group of players that play well together.
    They tend to redeploy to play defense a lot, I don't blame them, this is what all the good outfits do.
    Why attack a base if you can defend one of yours? Defending gives you an advantage, you know where the enemy will go.
    DA teamplay takes advantage of this, they can lock down a point and slaughter anyone that tries to get close, they are great at it.

I have nothing but for respect for DA.
    I see skill, thought, and positioning when I watch their streams, not once I have thought "BS hacks".
    They are nothing like the wanna be MLGpro VS outfit we deal with on waterson...
    • Up x 3
  16. Tycoh

How does a new pilot practice fighting other pilots if those other pilots are always defeating them with an iron fist? PS2's air game is first come first serve. So beginner pilots best pick another game/class because you're never going to win against the early bird aces.
  17. Solaries

Komrade hit it on the head.
  18. rogviir

I used to hate fighting DA but now I seek them out. the only way to get better is to fight these dudes. the biggest thing you need to learn about fighting them is they always play defense, rarely go on the offensive. and if hey do go on the offensive they are in a lightning, harasser, or bull dog spamming from a galaxy.
    now when they are defending a base, they will find kill zones like open doorways, stairs and other tight spaces and just wait for you to run into there bullets. they will use a lot of light assaults to blast you if you try and flank them. very difficult to crack there defense unless you just mass zerg, or spam conc grenades. at all times you will fight maybe 6 or 7 on a base so once you crack em they are pretty much done for. they will only fight if they can camp tight spaces.
  19. Alarox

If I fight NUC or ZAPS as an NC player on Waterson, I feel the opposite. Yes it is harder, but every success is twice as rewarding because it was against players who (likely) are coordinated and actually know what they're doing.
  20. Alarox

And almost every other VS HA. I am tired of fighting those things. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to fight a whole skilled and coordinated outfit of them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.