My two cents on DasAnfall

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trudriban, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purg

The only way to improve is to play against opponents that are better than you.
    • Up x 5
  2. NinjaTurtle

This so much this.

In every fight you will notice the bulk of your faction going one way, go the opposute and use your own team as the disteaction. Flanking can catch even the best players off guard.
  3. Fleischwolf

If you are having a tough time winning your gunfights, I recommend playing one of the many support roles. Support players may not get the most kills, but they often have the most influence on a battle. Personally, I find that playing support is often a lot less stressful.

You can be the guy that places Sunderers in great spots or repairs friendly MAX units. Also, a revive grenade at the right moment can turn a fight in an instant.

Finally, I will say that playing support will reward a player with a significant amount of certs if played correctly.
    • Up x 1
  4. iller

Upvoting exclusively for this comment. DA is to "Art", what Sonic the Hedgehog & Naruto has been to "Comics".
    • Up x 2
  5. Shockfrosted

I understand the core of OPs feeling here.
    There were many moments on Waterson, when ZAPS showed up and I was, quite frankly, outgunned.
    I'm by no means MLG pro but I can generally drop enemies before they drop me. Then ZAPS comes around and I'm just not good enough anymore.

So I try to do different things. I take alternate routes, sometimes even just fight at a different area.
    You've got a lot of flexibility to pick your battles in PS2. If you're not planning on practicing until you can match up to your opponent, you need to leg it and change the engagement rules.

There's no shame in admitting your enemy defeated you, but if that frustrates you: Pick a different battle.
  6. Prudentia

Well that is basicly a problem in the design of the game that many High skilled players seem to not understand. eg Matti saying that skill should be rewarded and your equipment shouldn't make a single difference on your performance.
    They just fail to see that this is not a Shooter with many many servers, where you can find a server where you have a chance, but also a challenge. In Planetside, you are either good and have a chance or bad an have an unbeatable challenge. You can rarely find opponents of equal skill to test things out and learn about the game mechanics.
    The skilled players can face worthy enemies every few fights and the bad player just dies and has no fun.
  7. Meeka

I used to hate fighting DA, but now I see them as a challenge to rise to.

I have a bit of a way to go before I can match toe to toe with the best DA members, but I feel I'm gaining ground and that's all that matters. I can hold my own against many of them, but there's a core six who are almost guaranteed to escape from me or kill me first on contact and those guys are: Ender, SentientOne, HairyHandsome, LibertyVS, animosityVS, and LARXX (if encountered in a ESF).... though, I finally knifed SentientOne last night; he's the only one of two DA members who I have *never* killed in inf vs inf at one point or another because he was too quick for me. So, to get that knife kill as a first was so very very very satisfying! :D (and will likely not happen again for another year)

As for the rest of DA, what makes them so good, more than their skill, is their team work; that's where and how they get you.

Finally, for the other DA guy I never killed inf vs inf... Ender, you're next! :p (eventually, someday, somewhere, somehow)
    • Up x 2
  8. Xien

Well where I come from we have an expression. "If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck - it's probably a duck."

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. A large number of players are networking and emails are being sent. Something will get done and in the end, only those truly worthy of being considered pro will be left to be considered pro.
  9. Giggily

Pretty much. The first six months that I played this game I was happy if my K/D broke 1, now I usually get pretty frustrated if it's at 5. For me, how well the game ran made a large difference in my ability to play, but to really do well you either need good reaction times, twitch skills, and mechanics. While you can't learn good reaction times, you can learn how to position yourself well, which guns are the best ones to use, how to manage vertical recoil, etc. Positioning is probably most important than having good reactions in most situations.

I think pretty much every new player has a large amount that they can improve in this game just by understanding where to be when, and what to be doing.
  10. Posse

This line was hilarious (and made me feel a little bad) :p
    • Up x 1
  11. Shockfc

Mid-tier outfit at best.
    • Up x 6
  12. Metallic123

I've noticed that they support each other even when they aren't doing ops. So in off hours there'll still be 2-8 of 'em together covering each other. I like that game play but being more of a lone wolf myself I like fighting AC more. When I fight them it feels like I'm fighting a series of different one man armies and rarely die to them from vehicles.

I do see a few of DA padding their stats in bulldog galaxies, liberators, lightnings etc.
  13. Giggily

1v1 me punk... Unless you're scared...
    • Up x 1
  14. Posse

Blame the forumside and their combined arms argument, we had to show them how broken they are in reality (especially the Vipers)
    • Up x 2
  15. Metallic123

Ugh, I hate that thing.
  16. Angry Scientist

They typically have at least two or three with each other even outside of ops. That, composed with their squad comp, which is typically heavies, a medic or two, and an engineer with their CQC weapon of choice. Mix in an infiltrator spamming darts for flavor. That alone would make them formidable, but they also know the best camping spots in the game. Any tech plant, for example, you will find DA on the back balcony shooting down. Always.

Mixing in suspect gameplay just makes it harder. I always find it strange how I can be hipfired at, get headshot three times at 30 meters and die while I ADS at them, but it's just part of the game. Whining or throwing around hackusations, justified or not, just makes their epeens harder.
  17. Vanus Aran

Playing against overpopulation is not worth it.

Just a few minutes ago I logged in to get the free certpoints.
    Server Miller. Its mostly a red server but there is lots of blue there lately as well.

I saw that the Biolame-alert was there, with holding 9 of them in total.
    VS had one single biolab, everything else was blue and red.
    I didnt even checked populations cause it was too annoying to do so.
    Cause I know what it would show me. I saw nothing interesting me in the 50% off and logged out.

I will now enjoy my physical life or other activitys.
    And I hope the Zergwinners will have most of their time spend in camping Spawnrooms.
    My middlefinger... for the overpopulating factions, for the 4thfactioners
    and for Sony not doing anything against this.

I cant be bothered with this unamusing comedy any longer.
    Im not ingamecontent for zergers. I have demands.

Thank you for reading this and have a nice day.
    • Up x 1
  18. bubbacon

Or...join a server where the odds are in your favor.
  19. Ghosty11

Aim for their heads. It works wonders.

Also don't be afraid to use a healthy helping of cheese. They will use it against you if you give them the chance.
  20. stalkish

NJ OP, the extra large helmets SOE was just about to release for these guys now no longer fit...
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.