WDS isn't fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, Feb 20, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

So I got 2000 twice and over all, It's not fun.

The more I think about WDS the less fun I have as I spend more time looking at the map cherry picking fights that will get me points. I know it's not mandatory and I will just ignore it.

You need to be able to get some solid points from just playing the game. Not going out of your way to ghost cap especially if you faction has low population
    • Up x 2
  2. WyrdHarper

I don't know about others, but getting WDS points is also really slow on underpopped factions. I didn't make 2000 this week, despite playing every night. And playing for like sixteen hours over the last two days. To be fair, I was platoon/squad leading a lot, which means lots of pre-emptive moving and redeploying, but even so. If you don't take many bases, but instead go for good fights, and have trouble defending because the enemy just throws numbers at you it's difficult to get there unless you farm them (which is boring). I have just over 800, and only made Tier 3 last week because of the bonus they added to compensate for the bug. The rewards haven't been great anyway, but it would be nice to get them for actually playing to objectives.
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

Now try doing it on 3 characters, one of each faction.. then you will understand why I am in such a bad mood today. :mad:
    I spent a good chunk of today just letting out some rage here on forumside.
  4. KAHR-Alpha

If it's not fun, just don't do it? :rolleyes:
    I've collected 800 of those silly points without doing anything about it at all, just playing like usual.
  5. LT_Latency

Well I assume the goal is to add things to the game that ARE FUN. The current system is not and needs some tweaking.

It's too random. Some times you can get a lucky battle and get hundreds of points in 30 mins then you can go hours and make almost nothing. Especially if you are low population faction as holding and taking any points of value becomes very difficult for your army.
    • Up x 2
  6. PinkamenaDiane

as long as my main reaches 2000 im not gonna complain. other than that it seems to be cursed and only getting single use cammos and 1 hour boosts haha. the screwup with the resets made me reach 2000 3 times on my main already and I got lotta 1 hour boosts and single use cammos. My alts have gotten hyper boosts and even 1 black PDW tho, so I cant really complain.
  7. PinkamenaDiane

**** that edit thing seems to be broken cant do **** when trying to edit.

and to stay on topic, yeah I do agree that I have only kept the WDS hunt up for the personal rewards. I guess gambling is something I really really should never touch would get addicted right away haha. WDS point hunting offered a change that was entertaining for a week, but it has already grown stale, and not-fun yes.
  8. Wildclaw

Why would you ghost cap to get WDS points. That hasn't been a good strategy since they changed the point values.

Good defenses is where the points is nowadays. I got over 1000 WDS points in less than an hour defending a bio lab.
  9. f0d

because wds and the wds points isnt fun i just stopped caring about it
    i play like i normally play now - sure i havnt got past the first level of wds point rewards but who cares, they are crappy rewards anyways all of them
    a gold gun - who cares, i have the standard version and when you apply camo to the gold guns they lose their goldness anyways
    1 hour boosts - i have so many boosts anyways that im not going to care about a few 1 hour boosts
    100% daily boost - not a bad reward but as i previously said i have loads of boosts and its not worth ruining your own fun just for the CHANCE to MAYBE get one in a few weeks of boring wds points farming
    crappy single use camos - are crappy, i prefer my anniversary or nvidia camos
  10. LT_Latency

Because when you have low population a zerg will come and you won't defend long. You just get wiped and get nothing. When the can constantly bring 2 people for every one of yours at a piece of land with high value the battles don't last long and you often get nothing.

Like I said the system is too random. If you are lucky and the army sizes are close the base is worth alot and the battle last a long time you can get hundreds of point very fast other time a battle like this is simply not avaliable to you faction and you have to fight for hours for 2 or 4 points at a time.