'Q' spotting hacks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tigerchips, Feb 20, 2014.

1. tigerchips

I've seen it myself from watching an NC soldier, he was spotting hundreds of people nonstop through walls and rocks. Today I think I see the same thing again, spotting me through a rock, this time it was TR. I'm fairly sure it's not my imagination, could hear him spotting me.

Just putting this out there, if you see anyone doing it, report them asap.
  2. FateJH

How do you know he was spotting you in particular?
  3. Spartan101

Sounds to me like a stalker cloak infiltrator sitting on your side of the rock spotting you.
    • Up x 4
  4. Elrobochanco

Sounds like a really inefficient way to do what a motion sensor/dart would do. But as mentioned could have been a stalker infil or even high perched LA. Hundreds is a big number even in this game.
    • Up x 1
  5. tigerchips

I know the hack, seen it myself on NC side. This was at crown, one does not simply sit on a rock at the crown, it's an uphill battle, I was behind the rock, all sides were protected apart from my rear, the sound came from the front. True, could have been spotting someone else.

I believe there are a lot more ESP hacks out there than you think. Early on, when I first started playing I saw this guy kill me over and over again. He knew exactly where I was each time, tried to shoot me through a wall once. He was near the top of the leaderboard. He lasted about a month and then his account suddenly disappeared. The problem is Higby has no screenshot grabber in place, and if he does it doesn't work very well.
  6. Predator01cz

This actually sounds believable if you were a medic. Since generally NC have 1, max. 2 medics for a 100 infantry zerg.
  7. DrPapaPenguin

There is a steam screenshot grabber, F12 by default iirc.
  8. JacDoom

And even the ones we do bring don't revive people half the time!
  9. tigerchips

Lol, I meant like the punkbuster screenshots, not your own screenshots.
  10. AltF4Fun

I always thought there is a cap to people you can spot in a period of time.Even if he has some kind of wallhack, I dont get how you work around this game mechanik.
  11. Goretzu

There's a cool down on spamming Q (or rather Q being reused if it fails to spot someone), but I dunno that there is much (if any) of a CD on succeeding on spotting someone.

If they were using some sort of ESP hack to spot them through walls, then their "successful" (cheating) spots would be pretty rapid I'd guess (assuming their isn't someway for a hack to just negated the CD - which I wouldn't rule out).
    • Up x 1
  12. Hiding in VR

Sean Bean!
  13. IamDH

It would be a silly hack even if it existed
  14. DocteurVK

I vote for the "StalkTrollfiltrator"
  15. Goretzu

I dunno, it would bring in a bit of exp. and would certainly help your faction out.
  16. NinjaTurtle

Oh you must play on Waterson then?
  17. Predator01cz

nope, Woodman
  18. IamDH

A hack to help others? Still seems unrealistic
  19. NinjaTurtle

Well then it must be a universal requirement for NC recruitment :rolleyes:
  20. Astriania

I agree that this is unlikely to be hax, if you are going to have a wallhack why tie it to Q which would be (i) altruistic, (ii) obvious and (iii) not going to get you much XP. This requires a wallhack plus an aimbot and if you've got that, surely you'll use it to farm kills, not spots.

More likely an infiltrator sitting high up and with stalker deep cloak on, possible but less likely a passenger in a galaxy set up as a spawn zone at 500m altitude.