Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. RyanGUK

Nah they're not, but they have to test it all out on the live servers before they release it. Example: EU servers are currently crashing for reasons unknown, whereas US servers don't have the issue. Why didn't they resolve that on the PTS? Oh wait...
  2. SilentDrone

Hi all. Just downloaded this game today, and after 1 hour of playing was disconnected due to maintenance. Then I had to download 1.7 GB to find out that the game is not working. How often is this game down and how often do I have to eat 1.7 GB?
  3. I am Nex

Warpgating your enemy to deny resources is no more, particularly useful at the beginning of an alert. I remember one alert, I was in charge of a 12 man squad. I decided to warpgate the nc long before the alert started. As it turned out the objective was to hold amp stations on amerish And there was one a short distance from the nc warpgate. With my squad averaging 12 people, we held off the nc by actively keeping the generators up and hunting down any enemy sunderers we saw. We had about another 8 or so people join us but they were randomly moving about.Eventually, the sunderers just stopped showing up. The enemies were out of vehicle resources. And the foot zerg they sent were picked off before they could reach the gate.

We were tr and most of the vanu and tr forces were at the warpgate closest to us. A squad of nearly 2 times as many vanu as we had tr tried attacking us at one point during a time shortly after the nc had given up hope of taking the point. They found out why the nc had given up.

We were out populated by vanu, but thanks to strategy we won. But I guess SOE doesn't like strategy, or creativity, or running a unique game.
    • Up x 2
  4. GotBuds

Webster Dictionary: ESTIMATE: verb: estimate; 3rd person present: estimates; past tense: estimated; past participle: estimated; gerund or present participle: estimating
    ˈestəˌmāt/
    roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of.
    SOE Dictionary:
    ESTIMATE: Subjective Word:
    1. To roughly guess when things won't be done, or to incorrectly judge or value the extent of.
    • Up x 9
  5. Cato

Does anyone have enough cert points to unlock the servers?
    • Up x 1
  6. Azaryah

Hold old is old? Cuz I was thinking about playing again
  7. RyanGUK

This is a rare continent update. They've been doing this work for a while, this is the final continent to be fully updated and the update is a biggie. Normally updates are about up to 250MB, sometimes 500MB and very rarely 1GB.
  8. Shizzlebitz

;) I know you will ;) .. I was just making a joke of it that's all... Gotta do something to entertain myself while I'm waiting to kill people
  9. God12

This is absolutely disgusting.
  10. CaptHaddock

Sounds like entitlement. It's a free game, you can play it and pay no money. Developer provide an ETA, people get made when the 'estimated' time is wrong. If this is a big deal in your life, I wonder what will happen when you hit a real hurdle.
    • Up x 2
  11. SuperHeroDan

I am not a fan of the Lattice system. It is almost impossible to completely balance a lattice line for all 3 warpgates so someone will always have the advantage.

I really wish you guys would incorporate the LLU system from planetside 1. It was fun and made battles extend to places and terrain they normally wouldn't. It would need to be re-worked but I think it would add more enjoyment to the game.
  12. FlamingSquirrel

Supply lines are not territory. Supply lines can be attacked with hit and run tactics, territory must be constantly defended, which doesn't work too well in the middle of enemy territory.

I agree that gameplay > IRL. In recent gameplay, Amerish has been a ghost town, because the vast majority considers the lattice system an improvement. Certainly nothing is perfect and there are some few who seem to like continents with hardly any players on them, but pleasing the majority is more important.
  13. BUFF TANK COMMANDER

this picture is my avatar because it makes me look like Judge Dredd
    • Up x 2
  14. Mr Cherry

When the server comes back up will this be reflected straight away when trying to join? Like will the Server Unavailable red text disappear and it'll be joinable again or do you have to restart the game. Was just wondering the best way I can find out when the server comes back up without having to refresh a page, and if I can leave the game open and just glance at it every once in a while that'd be good.
  15. Magicool

the alternative is not to point out other companies
    but to realize that you don't hit the deadline in 9 out of 10 cases
    to accpet this fact
    to alter your "realistic deadlines" or if you'd really care about EU players antendate your maintainance and updates like you did with the maintenance on tuesday, 18th February which you started 3 AM PST (12 AM CET) 3hrs earlier than usual (6 AM PST/ 3 PM CET) so even if an update takes longer there would be no danger to cut into EU prime time
    • Up x 1
  16. Snitsel

Having a really stressful day right now and tomorrow for sure and im about to go to sleep.. PS2 is my fix. but oh well take your time SOE.
  17. ncDieseL

I need 75 more WDS points to get Tier 3, and I only have tonight to do it as they get reset tomorrow. This sucks!
    • Up x 1
  18. GotBuds

None of the above in fact. The use of entitlement isn't even germane to the topic, but I do appreciate your opinion.

As the topic of what goes on in peoples real lives, people you don't know or what they have/go through is merely troll bait, I will respectfully pass on your attempt to get me to sink to your level.

Thanks for your comment though :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Parakeet

If anything choke points help those with the least numbers......
    • Up x 2
  20. Dextro

You changed your patching schedule to weekly patches and always they are during EU preprime-primetime. So does that mean that we cannot play primetime at least once a week from now on, because the servers are down? Seriously patch the servers not simultaniously after PST and patch them in the mornings in both time zones!